PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day!

generalmills
02-04-2005, 09:27 AM
During the time T.D. has spent with the bills, he has always made a big splash during the offseason specifically on draft day (P.Price move, Bledsoe, McGahee, not trading up for Big Ben but taking Lee Evans and J.P. instead in the first round)
Do you think that TD has something coming for all of us this year? In other words, do you think we will have a pick in the first 32 spots? and for all you draft guys out there...who in the 2005 class is worthy of a trade up and suits the needs of the bills?

Gunzlingr
02-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Any guys coming off of knee injuries? If so, I expect we will draft one of them.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-04-2005, 09:40 AM
My wild card is he will draft Maurice Clarrett in the 6th round.

OpIv37
02-04-2005, 09:41 AM

I hope not- he's dumb as a rock and all about the Benjamins.

generalmills
02-04-2005, 09:42 AM
we could then change our name to the Denver Broncos!! :dance:

Ebenezer
02-04-2005, 09:43 AM
...not trading up for Big Ben but taking Lee Evans and J.P. instead in the first round

not trading up?? you need two to tango...he gave up a #1 and a #5 to pick Losman...could you imagine the cost to move up to get Roethelisberger??

generalmills
02-04-2005, 09:50 AM
not trading up?? you need two to tango...he gave up a #1 and a #5 to pick Losman...could you imagine the cost to move up to get Roethelisberger??
I actually think that it would have been about the same... I believe the steelers were high on Big Ben, BUT I think that they would be willing to move down a couple spots in the first round for a deal that would get them 2 picks in the first the following year. The JP pick was never ours in the first round and it cost alot more to take that pick away from Dallas. Granted we would not have Lee Evans on the team right now but I thought taking JP in the first round was a gamble (as he was the 4th best QB available)

jamze132
02-04-2005, 10:23 AM
I don't care if Donahoe trades away every pick as long as he gets Nugent somehow.

djjimkelly
02-04-2005, 10:28 AM
i do believe i remember reading something by pasquerelli that we tried to make a deal with texans to move up to get big ben but they were afraid that moving behind pittsburgh and not sure of it was jets that they would lose a chance at dunta robinson i do believe he tried. but in the end i think our moves were great evans looks fantastic and im sure losman will be fine. im gonna be the first to say yes big ben was a fantastic pick for pitt but we as a rookie qb i dont think there is a team in nfl that would have been better suited for a rookie qb to suceed this year. with a very strong running game great o line and 3 very very solid rbs. i think big ben will be a great one but lets not put him in canton yet.

generalmills
02-04-2005, 11:11 AM
i think big ben will be a great one but lets not put him in canton yet.
I am by no means putting him in Canton... Im just saying that the possibility was there to get him for about the same cost that it took to move up and take Losman (whom I want to succeed more than anything). Whether other teams were willing to take the trade bait is not the argument I am trying to make. I just think that to move up the couple of places needed to get that pick was not out of the question. It would not have meant trading away the entire barn. It was a possibility.. thats all im saying! and I think that if we were all truthful with ourselves: at the time we would have much rather seen the bills take one of the big 3 going into draft day.

Gunzlingr
02-04-2005, 11:18 AM
I thought I read somewhere that TD tried to swap with the Steelers, and they wouldn't go for the deal. :idunno:

TigerJ
02-04-2005, 11:42 AM
I don't think Buffalo will trade into the first round.

mysticsoto
02-04-2005, 11:46 AM
I don't think Buffalo will trade into the first round.

I don't think there's any reason they should! Other than grabbing a top OT, there's nothing in the 1st round that's worth much to us. Why lose another draft pick in trading up, when we can be perfectly well at drafting in the 2nd round for what we want/need. 1st rounders don't always pan out to being the greatest (we're still waiting on Mike Williams our 1st rd #4 pick). People had high hopes that he would pan out to be a perennial proBowl player. The jury is still out on what he will become. He clearly has the capacity to be better, but maybe doesn't have the drive.

Plus, at 2nd round and below, our draft picks won't cost much. Our Cap situation is looking really good right about now, I think. With all the bashing people have done to TD, they can atleast admit that he has handled and continues to handle our cap situation well!!!

ShadowHawk7
02-04-2005, 11:49 AM
I thought I read somewhere that TD tried to swap with the Steelers, and they wouldn't go for the deal. :idunno:

So did I. And who would have predicted that Big Ben would become the phenom he did back in April. TD made good decisions at that time, if not great. I wish Tim anderson could of shown something, but I liked what I saw from J Smith, and Tim Euhus.

Jan Reimers
02-04-2005, 01:09 PM
He'll trade Drew for 4 pairs of sanitary socks and a water bottle.

DraftBoy
02-04-2005, 02:38 PM
He'll trade Drew for 4 pairs of sanitary socks and a water bottle.

Thatd be a steal!

venis2k1
02-04-2005, 03:03 PM
I don't care if Donahoe trades away every pick as long as he gets Nugent somehow.

if we walk away with nugent, bass, or ben wilkenson i will be a very happy boy.

alohabillsfan
02-04-2005, 03:49 PM
we tried to move ahead of pitt but jacksonville would not deal they picked 9th and they picked reggie williams (loser) who they could of picked at 13.