PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's Possible results....

OpIv37
02-04-2005, 10:25 AM
What I want to happen:
Philly beats the absolute piss out of NE 55-17. Brady throws 5 INT's, gets knocked on his ass several times, and loses confidence. Or, just as good- Vinateri sends a FG wide right with 18 seconds left on the clock to make the final score 20-19. We already know Weiss is gone- Crennel takes the Browns job and Bellicheck is left without his two assistants. Between the loss to the coaching staff and the shaken confidence, the Pats struggle to stay at .500 next season, and no one ever mentions the "d-word" about this team again.

What's most likely to happen:
Philly hangs in the game until the 3rd quarter, at which point NE scores a defensive touchdown that changes the momentum to their favor for the rest of the game. NE wins by at least 10. After losing their assistants, NE isn't quite as dominant in '05 but still wins the division easily at 12-4 or 11-5 and has another good playoff run, if not another Super Bowl.

Absolute nightmare scenario:
NE comes out on fire and just crushes Philly in the SB. Crennel and Weiss leave, but Belicheck either brings in new coaches who are just as good or proves once and for all that he is the true architect of the Pats' success. NE has another 14-win season in '05, breezes through the playoffs with a victory over the Bills (their 3rd of the season) and wins their 3rd straight SB and 4th in five years. At this point they are clearly a dynasty and are considered one of the best teams in NFL history :puke: :cry:

Jayhawk
02-04-2005, 10:48 AM
no they will suck royally next year. They can't lose the genius' and be good.

The King
02-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Bellicheck aint leaving, and Weiss and Crennel are far from genuis.

pats-were-right
02-04-2005, 01:10 PM
If Charlie Weis were a true genius, Tom Brady would have never been our QB

OpIv37
02-04-2005, 01:12 PM
If Charlie Weis were a true genius, Tom Brady would have never been our QB
what do you mean by that? I think Brady has worked out fine for you- 2 of the last 3 SB's and a great shot at adding a 3rd on Sunday.

Jeff1220
02-04-2005, 01:16 PM
what do you mean by that? I think Brady has worked out fine for you- 2 of the last 3 SB's and a great shot at adding a 3rd on Sunday.

I think he's saying that if Weiss were truely a genius, he would've found a way to make Drew work in NE. :idunno:

OpIv37
02-04-2005, 01:20 PM
I think he's saying that if Weiss were truely a genius, he would've found a way to make Drew work in NE. :idunno:

could be, but if that's what he's saying I disagree. Brady's a better QB who makes less money- even if Weis got Drew to perform at Brady's level, it would have cost the team more and they'd have less money for other players.

Devin
02-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Either way as much as I hate saying it I believe your 2nd scenario the most likely.

I dont believe Pats will be in the superbowl next year but I do believe they will have another winning season and go deep into the playoffs.

And as much as I really hate to say it, I dont think Philly stands a chance.

OpIv37
02-04-2005, 01:48 PM
And as much as I really hate to say it, I dont think Philly stands a chance.

agreed- I'd love to see Philly win it, but NE is just too well coached.

Billz_fan
02-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Most likely scenario.

1.player intros
2.coin flip
3.kickoff
4. game over NE wins, it should be over by halftime.

sadly, I find this the most possible :/

justasportsfan
02-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Sunday's Possible results....

a tie? :idunno:

HAMMER
02-04-2005, 02:28 PM
What I want to happen:
Philly beats the absolute piss out of NE 55-17. Brady throws 5 INT's, gets knocked on his ass several times, and loses confidence. Or, just as good- Vinateri sends a FG wide right with 18 seconds left on the clock to make the final score 20-19. We already know Weiss is gone- Crennel takes the Browns job and Bellicheck is left without his two assistants. Between the loss to the coaching staff and the shaken confidence, the Pats struggle to stay at .500 next season, and no one ever mentions the "d-word" about this team again.

What's most likely to happen:
Philly hangs in the game until the 3rd quarter, at which point NE scores a defensive touchdown that changes the momentum to their favor for the rest of the game. NE wins by at least 10. After losing their assistants, NE isn't quite as dominant in '05 but still wins the division easily at 12-4 or 11-5 and has another good playoff run, if not another Super Bowl.

Absolute nightmare scenario:
NE comes out on fire and just crushes Philly in the SB. Crennel and Weiss leave, but Belicheck either brings in new coaches who are just as good or proves once and for all that he is the true architect of the Pats' success. NE has another 14-win season in '05, breezes through the playoffs with a victory over the Bills (their 3rd of the season) and wins their 3rd straight SB and 4th in five years. At this point they are clearly a dynasty and are considered one of the best teams in NFL history :puke: :cry:

They won't need to win again next year to be considered a dynasty, if they win Sunday they will have that wrapped up.

Ickybaluky
02-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Crennel and Weiss leave, but Belicheck either brings in new coaches who are just as good

Belichick has already said he will hire in-house candidates for the coordinator positions.

OpIv37
02-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Belichick has already said he will hire in-house candidates for the coordinator positions.

whatever- the point is that those of us who aren't Pats fans are hoping that losing their top 2 assistant coaches will bring them down a notch or two- our nightmare is that the Pats are just as good without Weis and Crennel.