• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

King promoted to Bucs' No. 2 QB

Shaun King has quietly replaced Rob Johnson as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' No. 2 quarterback.

Head coach Jon Gruden confirmed the promotion Friday, although he had little to say about the change for Sunday night's game against the New Orleans Saints.

"I like both quarterbacks. I just feel this is best for our football team right now," Gruden said.

Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

I heard about that on WNSA today on the way home. All I could do was laugh.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

This might be RJ last year in the league. That is hillarious.

Comment

• Cntrygal
        • Jul 2002

Yeah, I had to laugh when I read this. I work with a guy who is a huge Bucs fan and he said that a couple weeks ago his father called ranting about RJ. He said that he told his dad he "knew" about RJ because he worked with a Bills fan.

The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Comment

• MissBuffalo
          Quiddity
          • Jul 2002

LOL--IMO he isn't even backup material anymore. I remember in that SI article with RJ's dad saying something like the only way you'll get sacked often is playing QB for the Bills. LOL--No dude, your son just sucks!!!! Stop blaming others for your sons demise.
          See me here pushing you
          If I then deny I do
          Contemplate or wish away
          If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla admin
            • Jul 2002

This is not a shocking move. King will be a more competent 2nd stringer. While RJ has talent, he has never learned to read a D or break his bad habits...that is why he hasn't been successful. He will be surfing next fall. i feel badly for him, because he did try, but this is for the best for all concerned.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

it doesn't surprise me.i'm surprised that he's still on the roster.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

RJ future CFL QB?

Comment

• Scott
                  shelby's big brother
                  • Jul 2002

I knew everyone would be loving this "headline", it seems a bit strange that you get excited over RJ's failures but if it makes you all feel better about yourselves then enjoy.
                  Maybe RJ will get run over by a bus sometime soon, then you all can really celebrate.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Scott
                    I knew everyone would be loving this "headline", it seems a bit strange that you get excited over RJ's failures but if it makes you all feel better about yourselves then enjoy.
                    Maybe RJ will get run over by a bus sometime soon, then you all can really celebrate.

chill... if you look - there's other headlines about other players from other teams too. If I could find a DF article to post, I'll post it in attention to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X