PDA

View Full Version : King promoted to Bucs' No. 2 QB

Cntrygal
11-29-2002, 06:43 PM
Shaun King has quietly replaced Rob Johnson as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' No. 2 quarterback.

Head coach Jon Gruden confirmed the promotion Friday, although he had little to say about the change for Sunday night's game against the New Orleans Saints.

"I like both quarterbacks. I just feel this is best for our football team right now," Gruden said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2002/11/29/buccaneers_qbs_ap/

The_Philster
11-29-2002, 07:21 PM
I heard about that on WNSA today on the way home. All I could do was laugh.

Typ0
11-29-2002, 09:57 PM
This might be RJ last year in the league. That is hillarious.

Cntrygal
11-30-2002, 08:53 AM
Yeah, I had to laugh when I read this. I work with a guy who is a huge Bucs fan and he said that a couple weeks ago his father called ranting about RJ. He said that he told his dad he "knew" about RJ because he worked with a Bills fan.

:D

MissBuffalo
11-30-2002, 03:37 PM
LOL--IMO he isn't even backup material anymore. I remember in that SI article with RJ's dad saying something like the only way you'll get sacked often is playing QB for the Bills. LOL--No dude, your son just sucks!!!! Stop blaming others for your sons demise.

shelby
11-30-2002, 04:24 PM
This is not a shocking move. King will be a more competent 2nd stringer. While RJ has talent, he has never learned to read a D or break his bad habits...that is why he hasn't been successful. He will be surfing next fall. i feel badly for him, because he did try, but this is for the best for all concerned.

SABURZFAN
11-30-2002, 06:45 PM
it doesn't surprise me.i'm surprised that he's still on the roster.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2002, 08:57 PM
RJ future CFL QB?

Scott
12-02-2002, 06:06 AM
I knew everyone would be loving this "headline", it seems a bit strange that you get excited over RJ's failures but if it makes you all feel better about yourselves then enjoy.
Maybe RJ will get run over by a bus sometime soon, then you all can really celebrate.

Cntrygal
12-02-2002, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Scott
I knew everyone would be loving this "headline", it seems a bit strange that you get excited over RJ's failures but if it makes you all feel better about yourselves then enjoy.
Maybe RJ will get run over by a bus sometime soon, then you all can really celebrate.

:rolleyes:

chill... if you look - there's other headlines about other players from other teams too. If I could find a DF article to post, I'll post it in attention to you.