PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Bring Back The Gold And Blue

starfirestar
11-29-2002, 07:32 PM
I'm watching the Penguins game right now, and I realize how much better their old jerseys look than the new ones they got rid of. Then, I think of the Sabres old jerseys. They really do look better than the ones they have now. If Pittsburg changed back, so can Buffalo. Plus, so many teams have that same red, black, and white or gray color scheme. It would be unique. Right now they should concentrate on winning though. Maybe once they start winning they should consider it.

clumping platelets
11-30-2002, 05:26 AM
This is something I can agree with you on!

cdroesch
11-30-2002, 12:17 PM
Right on, vintage is hot right now. CCM has their vintage line of sweaters, both pro and replica and the talk is they are hot. People like something they can relate to. Perrault, Gare, Turgeon, LaFontaine, heck they dont have to be good players, just a time and a place or a game.

My favorite Sabre years were the early 90's with Mogilny and LaFontaine both over 100 points, Hawerchuk was their 2nd line center !

This city bled blue and gold for so long, how can you change everything except the name? They might as well have been an expansion team coming in.

All those new colors were about were money. That's it. Black was hot in the late 90's. It was just a bunch of marketing guys telling the Sabres what colors would maximize their selling potential. Forget that. "Hot" uniforms aren't going to turn around the Sabres or NHL's financial problems.

Tradition. It's time to come home.

MissBuffalo
11-30-2002, 03:53 PM
They should go back to blue and gold with the current uni's design. I really like the red alternate jersey though. I'll be ordering one of those soon.

starfirestar
11-30-2002, 05:27 PM
I don't think I want the goathead right on the face of the jersey. Put the goathead on the shoulder area.

Buffarama
11-30-2002, 07:50 PM
Howard Simon had displayed a jersey that has been floating around. It is the current jersey with the old color scheme, blue and gold, except it had the swords in the front emblem like the red jerseys do, and a miniature goathead on the sleeves. It looked pretty sharp. I really liked it.
I guess you could imagine the red jerseys in a blue and gold.

cdroesch
12-01-2002, 09:52 AM
Note to Sabres: No one in Canada is gonna buy those ugly third jerseys. So lets stop showcasing them when we play the Leafs on HNIC. Nothing like seeing them wear the "uglies" for 5 straight games from thanksgiving to mid December.

A black hole with cartoon swords drawn by a 2nd grader does not qualify as a professional hockey teams logo.

sabresfan18
12-01-2002, 04:54 PM
I think the idea of new uniforms maybe be a good one as far as getting fans back to the arena...but will this really help the sabres? thanks guys!

Stubarnesgurl41
12-01-2002, 08:07 PM
I'm not so sure about the old jerseys coming back. I like them and all but I think they are too oldish looking. The latest jerseys look more updated. But whatever you all think!!

Ebenezer
12-02-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by starfirestar
I'm watching the Penguins game right now, and I realize how much better their old jerseys look than the new ones they got rid of. Then, I think of the Sabres old jerseys. They really do look better than the ones they have now.

I've been trying to tell everybody that for 5 years!!

BironsGirl43
12-02-2002, 10:27 PM
The old jerseys were ok.. but I like the ones we have now!!

lordofgun
12-02-2002, 10:31 PM
Bring back the Blue and Gold! And bring back Puppa! :D

BironsGirl43
12-02-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Bring back the Blue and Gold! And bring back Puppa! :D

Shaddap!! lol.. Marty looks nice in both jerseys!! :cool:

I love the 3rds too!!