PDA

View Full Version : Bills waiting to hear if Bledsoe will accept a backup role

Novacane
02-04-2005, 07:11 PM
................Thats what Buffalo News reporter Mark Gaughn said on WGR today. He believes the Bills have decided to start JP and are waiting to hear from Drew . His contract is not the biggest deal. Whether or not he will accept comming back as the backup is the main thing.

:pray: Let it be true :pray:

mybills
02-04-2005, 07:17 PM
If he feels loved, he'll back JP.

:ontome:

ScottLawrence
02-04-2005, 08:01 PM
We can only hope thats true.

If it is, Bledsoe WILL NOT be accept it and, will probably demmand a trade or a release.

Billz_fan
02-04-2005, 08:11 PM
You almost have to do it. You gotta see what the kid can do. You trade up to get he guy, can't let him sit the bench for another year. I like it if it's true :up:

BidsJr
02-04-2005, 08:32 PM
I agree, can only hope that this happens.

I have been watching the tapes of all the games as part of my new workout routine.................

The top 10 most frequent shouts from the treadmill are as follows.........

10. Why don't we throw the ball more to Evans.
9. Oh look another Moulds drop.
8. Throw the ****** ball.
7. Wow if Willis gets any better next year he will be scary.
6. Sam and Pat are really big.
5. Throw the ****** ball!
4. LOOK OUT!!!!!
3. Oh look that should have been picked off.
2. Throw it........ Throw it ... Throw it !(*@$(*@& Dammit.l
1. If we loose this game at least we'll see Losman. (From game 6-16)

Iehoshua
02-04-2005, 08:49 PM
The day of muchas fiestas is almost upon us, fellow :mex: !

:party:

pleasesavedrew
02-04-2005, 09:11 PM
You guysare disgusting, Drew shouldstart no doubt. He's 23-25 as a starter. Considering he played two of those years with a awful coach and bad o-line. He also played 1 year with a bad d. Once it all comes toghther, he wins. Why send him to the bench? Your ready top give a playoff team to a rookie quarterback? One with little experince who broke his leg last year. Sounds like a death wish to me. The smart thing to do would be to let Drew have thisa year to roll us to the playoffs and let him keep going as long as hewants if were winning. i don't care about draft picks and money spent. it's all done towards winning. And if we win then who cares who's playing? Drew the best quarterback on our team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iehoshua
02-04-2005, 09:18 PM
You guysare disgusting, Drew shouldstart no doubt. He's 23-25 as a starter. Considering he played two of those years with a awful coach and bad o-line. He also played 1 year with a bad d. Once it all comes toghther, he wins. Why send him to the bench? Your ready top give a playoff team to a rookie quarterback? One with little experince who broke his leg last year. Sounds like a death wish to me. The smart thing to do would be to let Drew have thisa year to roll us to the playoffs and let him keep going as long as hewants if were winning. i don't care about draft picks and money spent. it's all done towards winning. And if we win then who cares who's playing? Drew the best quarterback on our team!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Savior? Doc Op? Is that you?

He's had three, count'em 3 years. O-line or not, Drew is sure to bring out the worst in any O-line he's behind. Sorry, day late and a dollar short, time to move on. I wll be very pleased when Drew is out of the starting job. As I said before, if JP can win 1 big game, it will be 1 more than Drew. Bledsoe has proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that he cannot show up in the big game. Please do not bring up 1997 or 2001 since those are all, as far as I'm concerned, history. His best days are behind him. Period.

Why do I bother typing this same spiel over and over and over for those who clearly have skulls thicker than the Hoover Dam? :crazy:

Mr. Cynical
02-04-2005, 09:29 PM
The day of muchas fiestas is almost upon us, fellow :mex: !

:party::dance: :boozer:

:mex:

BillsRockSOMUCH
02-04-2005, 09:36 PM
na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na, Hey-yay-ay Goodbye!!! :dance:

Iehoshua
02-04-2005, 09:40 PM
I'll drink to that!
:boozer:
:mex:

Mr. Cynical
02-04-2005, 09:46 PM
:boozer:

Oops....time to break the seal...

:pee:

TigerJ
02-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Yup, it's going to be an interesting offseason.

PUCKER
02-04-2005, 11:34 PM
PLEASE let it be true! :pray:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

ArcticWildMan
02-05-2005, 12:27 AM

Boo-ya!!! :D

Tatonka
02-05-2005, 12:37 AM
drew has to be gone.. simple as that..

if drew stays.. as soon as jp struggles.. and he WILL struggle some.. fickle fans will scream for drew..

f drew.. he had his chance.. he sucked.. be gone with him.. stick with jp, bring in blake to be his backup.. and go with matthews or a rookie if we need to for 3rd string

The Natrix
02-05-2005, 02:19 AM

I honestly don't understand wanting Drew to start. I hope he Takes a pay cut and assumes the back up roll but starting JP makes so much more sense. The only thing that may be lost is the pretty deep ball, but how many playoffs did that play get us into? If Losman can remain in the game without limping around, I see him being very effective.

Historian
02-05-2005, 07:46 AM
I'de pay him seven bucks an hour to clean out my garage...

Novacane
02-05-2005, 08:02 AM

Tell it to TD. He's about ready to cut your butt budy

mybills
02-05-2005, 08:07 AM
Savior? Doc Op? Is that you?

:funny:

mybills
02-05-2005, 08:08 AM

Seven? As in JP's number? :rofl:

Novacane
02-05-2005, 08:11 AM

I would'nt. He'd do ok sweeping and moving junk boxes but when time came to move something important he'd drop it and break it.

mybills
02-05-2005, 08:21 AM
no, he'd put the middle boxes on the top or bottom shelf, and take his time about it.

Historian
02-05-2005, 08:28 AM
I have a loft with a lot of junk in it. His height would be an advantage.
:D

pleasesavedrew
02-05-2005, 09:46 AM
Eveey game in the NFL is a big game

Patti120
02-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Definitely hope it's true or at least hope that they told Drew that it is an open competition. I definitely agreew with the consensus that we probably can't do any worse with JP in there and hopefully a hell of a lot better. The upside to JP is enormous compared to Drew.

Michael82
02-05-2005, 12:14 PM
:sadwalk:

Meathead
02-05-2005, 01:23 PM
We could absolutely do worse with a rookie QB. In fact, I'd expect it. I sure hope I'm wrong but if JP starts every game we're looking at a goal of .500, imo.

Still I reluctantly agree it's time to make the change. I hate to put missing the playoffs on one person, and even though I'm going to do it it doesn't seem fair. But I just don't want to see Drew the full-time starter after being a main reason for The Choke.

I would have been happy with Drew as the caretaker for one more season. But losing to deep scrubs when a win gets the playoffs is the antithesis of caretaker. Since you can't bench the entire defense (collapsed to players I never even heard of) it's going to have to be Drew.

Mr. Cynical
02-05-2005, 02:08 PM
I would'nt. He'd do ok sweeping and moving junk boxes but when time came to move something important he'd drop it and break it.
That's not fair. The floor has to be dry....the boxes have to have handles...the garage has to be warm...the garage door has to be shut to eliminate the wind...the overhead light has to be bright.

It takes more than just one person to clean the garage and stack the boxes.

:;

ScottLawrence
02-05-2005, 02:49 PM
That's not fair. The floor has to be dry....the boxes have to have handles...the garage has to be warm...the garage door has to be shut to eliminate the wind...the overhead light has to be bright.

It takes more than just one person to clean the garage and stack the boxes.

:;

:bow:

HAHAHAHAHA.

pleasesavedrew
02-05-2005, 03:08 PM
You guys are pathetic, disscussing the guy you all loved 3 years could clean your garage. What awful loyalty and bias thinking

pleasesavedrew
02-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Butt Buddy? Good call

Novacane
02-05-2005, 04:22 PM
You guys are pathetic, disscussing the guy you all loved 3 years could clean your garage. What awful loyalty and bias thinking

Speak for yourself. None of us have loved him for 3 years.

lordofgun
02-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Butt Buddy? Good call
Please stop the personal attacks.

Crisis
02-05-2005, 05:52 PM
f drew.. he had his chance.. he sucked.. be gone with him.. stick with jp, bring in blake to be his backup.. and go with matthews or a rookie if we need to for 3rd string

I hope Bledsoe gets a life-threatening injury just so you can be even happier, too.

ArcticWildMan
02-05-2005, 06:59 PM

Who the hell loved him around here? Surely not the AMIGOS!!! :cynic:

justasportsfan
02-05-2005, 08:03 PM
You guys are pathetic, disscussing the guy you all loved 3 years could clean your garage. What awful loyalty and bias thinking3 years of nothing. Besides he's been very well paid for playing and achieving nothing. We want a sb ring and we all know he isn't gonna get us one. Time to move on. You can follow him to whatever team he ends up.

Billz_fan
02-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Drew is a nice guy and a decent QB on his good days. Problem is he is NOT going to take the Bills to the SB or even the AFC championship game.

If you are content with maybe making the first round of the playoffs (haven't done that yet either) then maybe Drew is your guy. Me I want to go further.

Drew has talent but he is missing something, that something is the thing the Bills need to make it to and win the SB.

I don't know if JP has it either but it's time to find out if he is an NFL QB or if we need to look elsewhere. I am perfectly content with JP starting and finding his way (putting up with his mistakes etc.) and going 7-9, 6-10 etc. as long as he shows some brilliance along with his growing pains. If he doesn't then we still need a QB.

The bottom line is DB is not going to win us a SB. We need to find out if JP is capable or if the future lies elsewhere.

Ickybaluky
02-05-2005, 09:50 PM
We could absolutely do worse with a rookie QB. In fact, I'd expect it. I sure hope I'm wrong but if JP starts every game we're looking at a goal of .500, imo.

You wouldn't have a rookie QB starting, you'd have a 2nd-year QB. Why set his development back even further?

The Bengals started Carson Palmer in his second season, and he took his lumps. However, as the year progressed he also showed he can be the QB they need to build their team around. That is valuable, and something the Bills should be in a hurry to find out.

As for the record, what were the Steeler's expectations with Roethlisberger? The Bills have a lot of the same components, with a strong defense, strong ST and a running game to take pressure off the young QB. They asked Roethlisberger to throw 18 passes a game, and occasionally use his athleticism to make a play where his predecessor (Tommy Maddox) couldn't. It was a winning formula.

You can't tell me the Bills' coaching staff hasn't looked at the formula Pittsburgh used this year with a young QB and thought, "We can do that".

Ickybaluky
02-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Another example of a 2nd-year QB who didn't play much his first season, but came in and his team still did well...

Tom Brady.

There is no argument. If the Bills thought enough of J.P. to trade up into the 1st round last year to get him, they need to find out if he has what they thought he has.

ScottLawrence
02-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Another example of a 2nd-year QB who didn't play much his first season, but came in and his team still did well...

Tom Brady.

There is no argument. If the Bills thought enough of J.P. to trade up into the 1st round last year to get him, they need to find out if he has what they thought he has.

Exactly what most of us think on this board.

im4bflo
02-05-2005, 10:59 PM
I'm ready for JP, whatever happens, he'll struggle until he get's more experience, but I won't complain, I won't want Drew back if he does, because Drew struggled, and he's a veteran.
The new era is upon us, JP, Evan's and McGahee and Moulds, a killer D and ST's to keep us in the game while JP improves with every game.
Time to circle the wagon's boys!!!

Mr. Cynical
02-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Yep. Cut Drew loose and name JP the starter. They made their bed by trading up to get him, so it's time to see what's what. The future is now.

Bmax
02-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Bledsoe will never accept a back up role in buffalo. If he leaves the bills must resign jonas and bring a quality vet guard plus draft a couple future studs for the o-line.

Then what vet do you bring in to back up JP ? If your thinking shane matthews then think again!!!!!! How about Tommy maddox or Jeff blake .. Both have more left than then journeymen matthews who is considering retirement.......

Thoughts ?

Bmax-Go Bills