X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smack541
    • Apr 2003

Possible game in Toronto???

Per, the state of the league address, there was mention of a game being played in Toronto. There is some hinting going on that one of the Bills home games will be moved up there. I think Ralph needs to fight this to his grave. Any type of success up in Toronto might spell doom for the Bills. Also, why do some of the best fans in the league have to give up a home game when teams like Jacksonville and Arizona never fill their stadiums??
  • DanS
    • Feb 2005

God I hope you're kidding. Where did you hear this from?

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

That would be gay as hell.

Byrd.

Comment

• smack541
        • Apr 2003

Its on err, another bills website.... per billsdaily.com!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

I thought I had heard that Tagliabue said that they will be expanding into Canada in the future.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

I don't see it happening without a major vote happening. Season tickets would have to exclude the costs of those away home games. Club seats, luxury boxes would be worth less and I don't see owners being all that anxious to give up guaranteed money like they get from those 3 sources
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

Are we talking regular season or preseason?

I don't think there's any way in hell they'd move a reg. season game.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                Are we talking regular season or preseason?

I don't think there's any way in hell they'd move a reg. season game.
                The league has played preseason games outside the United States, and Tagliabue said the idea of holding regular-season games in other countries is under consideration. Toronto and Mexico City are the prime candidates -- perhaps as early as next season.
                from
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

Let the sandflies have all the preseason games....that's fair.

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
                    Exhausted of Losing
                    • Mar 2004

Here's the link... http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3375856
                    "By then, the NFL might have staged a game that counts outside U.S. borders. Tagliabue said the league is considering a game in Mexico or Canada, perhaps as soon as the upcoming schedule.

Prime candidates to sacrifice a game in their home stadium would be the Cardinals for Mexico or the Bills for Canada, although Tagliabue mentioned no specific teams.
                    "

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

How aboot them bills ,eh?
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
                          Exhausted of Losing
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                          I thought I had heard that Tagliabue said that they will be expanding into Canada in the future.
                          He never said that, but in the link in my last post Tagliubue vowed to have an LA franchise by the end of the decade, if they bring in 1 expansion team they'd bring in another to make the number of teams even and a team in Canada would be a definate possibility.

Comment

• generalmills
                            • Sep 2003

I am mad as heck at this.. I am a season ticket holder from Canada. I feel that this is a slap in the face to the bills franchise and we as fans alike. The Union address also spoke of Arizona playing a game in Mexico. Is that the impression that is given around the league?? That we are in the same class as the Cardnals? The Bills are the BUFFALO Bills.. (not the Montreal Expos!! we are not dying as a franchise and we have more then 2,500 people show up for games!). This is just one step closer in the NFL's quest to move the Bills to Toronto to expand their market to a "large" Canadian fan base which will is a total misconception. Canadians have one track minds that focus on hockey first and everything else last. All you have to look at is the Raptors ticket situation. Even with a hockey strike they have only sold out 3 of their games this year!! There is not even a stadium that would justify an NFL regular season game (Mexico has a 100,000 plus stadium.. but where would our game be the Sky Dome errrrrrrrrrrr now the Roger's Centre??) The dome is so bad for football that the Toronto Argo's are moving out of the city centre and into the York area to a stadium that will be the likes of UB stadium!!! It will not work. and the only thing that a move like this would accomplish would be killing Buffalo off with regards to the NFL.

Comment

• dannyek71
                              Drink Responsibly
                              • Dec 2004

Why are the Bills always getting screwed over?

As sad as it is to say, the Bills WILL NOT be in buffalo in 10yrs...

God I hope im wrong
                              [

Comment

Working...
                              X