• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patti120
    • Aug 2004

I wonder if this is what Belichick was talking about

re; Milloy when he said that he was a negative leader

Kind of pi$$es me off if this is his attitude. As the article points out players like Bruschi choose to "scrape by" on a lowly 2 million a year. I really don't see how 2 million a year over even maybe just a 4 year period wouldn't allow someone to live comfortably for the rest of their life but hey maybe I'm a cheap ba$stard.

I hope this is just him being bitter about his situation in being let go and also because the Pats basically own everybody... I'm not really familiar with this newswriter either so maybe it's him construing what was said in negative fasion.....
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

Those comments were made and posted here along time ago so I don't know why the guy wrote that article now unless he is patriot fan.

Byrd.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Belichick calls it having a strong "middle class." That's how he has built a true "team" in the free agency era, clearing out top-heavy dead weight like quarterback Drew Bledsoe and Milloy.

Only two Patriots have cap numbers of more than $5 million, cornerback Ty Law and quarterback Tom Brady. Twenty of the next 51 make between $1 million and $3.6 million. These players are the backbone of the team, including emotional linebacker Tedy Bruschi, who renegotiated his own deal last year — $8 million over four years. That's probably half of what he could've gotten as a free agent.
      This is why BB is so good and so smart, and why the Pats are winning. Don't pay players exhorbitant amounts unless they give you something worth it. Drew signed a $103M contract in 2000, and BB was smart enough to know he wasn't worth it. We've paid that dead-weight over $21M so far. What a waste.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Milloy's comments don't represent the best attitude. But I'm glad he made them. Why? Because it might encourage some of the better Patriots to test the market or demand more pay, which will be the first step towards dismantling this team and giving us a shot to win the division.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Milloy's comments don't represent the best attitude. But I'm glad he made them. Why? Because it might encourage some of the better Patriots to test the market or demand more pay, which will be the first step towards dismantling this team and giving us a shot to win the division.
          That's exactly what I'm thinking. Milloy is a little bitter and is trying to show the Patriots that they can get a lot more than the little scraps that Belichick offers them. I hope they listen.

Comment

Working...
          X