PDA

View Full Version : T.O

jmb1099
02-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Must confess I have never been a big fan of his, but his play today deserves respect. Best receiver in the league IMHO

Devin
02-06-2005, 09:25 PM
agreed. He did what he said he would do and no one believed. Much respect to him, when it was time to put up or shut up he put up.

Novacane
02-06-2005, 09:27 PM
I've never been a fan of TO but I'm glad he played so well today. All the know it all critics who said he would hurt his team by playing can shove it

jmb1099
02-06-2005, 09:29 PM
I've never been a fan of TO but I'm glad he played so well today. All the know it all critics who said he would hurt his team by playing can shove it Totally agree

chubluv
02-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Must confess I have never been a big fan of his, but his play today deserves respect. Best receiver in the league IMHO

agreed. He did what he said he would do and no one believed. Much respect to him, when it was time to put up or shut up he put up.

that was an awesome performance by T.O. :bow:

jdenning
02-06-2005, 09:48 PM
wow TO is my hero what an unBILLeavable performance

Mr. Cynical
02-06-2005, 11:40 PM
He's still a selfish punk in my book.

Michael82
02-06-2005, 11:44 PM
He's the main reason why the Eagles stayed in the game IMO. You could see he was trying to get everyone back into the game on the sidelines and when he was on the field he was making plays. :clap:

Billz_fan
02-06-2005, 11:44 PM
TO did everything he could to help his team win. My hat is off to him.

Devin
02-07-2005, 12:12 AM

selfish "best reciever in football" punk.

EM Bills Fan 80
02-07-2005, 01:02 AM

T.O. said it best

"If it was Brett Favre they would've been saying what a great warrior he is for playing, but since it's me, they say I'm selfish for wanting to help my team win"

ArcticWildMan
02-07-2005, 01:08 AM
Up until this game I hated T.O. I thought he was another version of Randy Moss.

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. TO came to play tonight!! He gave it his all and then some. Too bad his bonehead QB was too stupid to pull his head out of his ass to make a difference.

A performance like TO's tonight deserves a SB ring. I feel for the guy.

DraftBoy
02-07-2005, 09:32 AM
T.O. said it best

"If it was Brett Favre they would've been saying what a great warrior he is for playing, but since it's me, they say I'm selfish for wanting to help my team win"

Completely agree as sad as it is to admit it, had it been Farve it would of been another feel good story about him being a warrior again, but instead TO gets labeled as selfish. Too bad he didnt get a ring the guy showed alot of class these past 7 weeks since his injury.

The_Philster
02-07-2005, 09:35 AM
They even made the statement in the pregame yesterday...about why is TO labeled as selfish for wanting to play when, back in the 70s, someone played in the Super Bowl with an injury (Jack Youngblood, I think? :huh: )

ryjam282
02-07-2005, 09:43 AM
T.O. said it best

I immediately thought the same thing when he said that. Great player, a little mouthy at times but a damn great WR

Mr. Cynical
02-07-2005, 12:28 PM
T.O. said it best

"If it was Brett Favre they would've been saying what a great warrior he is for playing, but since it's me, they say I'm selfish for wanting to help my team win"How many times did Favre run to the center of the field and call attention to himself in Texas Stadium, egging on the fans and disrespecting the other team?How many times did Favre pull a Sharpie or grab pom-poms or a cell phone to call attention to himself for doing his job? Or bad mouth his teammate (Garcia) in the press?

For him to make that comparison sullies Brett's name. He can't hold Brett's jock in the class category. TO may be a great talent, but he is still and always will be a selfish punk, second only to Moss.

buffalofan19
02-07-2005, 12:34 PM
How many times did Favre run to the center of the field and call attention to himself in Texas Stadium, egging on the fans and disrespecting the other team?How many times did Favre pull a Sharpie or grab pom-poms or a cell phone to call attention to himself for doing his job? Or bad mouth his teammate (Garcia) in the press?

For him to make that comparison sullies Brett's name. He can't hold Brett's jock in the class category. TO may be a great talent, but he is still and always will be a selfish punk, second only to Moss.
Are you saying he should not have played then? I agree with you that Brett Favre way outclasses TO. That's a no-brainer. But it is also true that if this were anybody else, we'd all be commenting on how tough he is. He is a selfish guy, but I can't fault him for rushing back to play in the Super Bowl, which is the biggest game of his life up to this point.

DanS
02-07-2005, 12:37 PM
I can't imagine how many shots of painkiller in the ankle TO must've took just to be able to run let alone play well. He's the man.

Mr. Cynical
02-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Are you saying he should not have played then? I agree with you that Brett Favre way outclasses TO. That's a no-brainer. But it is also true that if this were anybody else, we'd all be commenting on how tough he is. He is a selfish guy, but I can't fault him for rushing back to play in the Super Bowl, which is the biggest game of his life up to this point."...which is the biggest game of his life up to this point".

That's the key. I don't question his desire to play. But don't be fooled into thinking he was doing it for the team. He wanted the spotlight. Yes, he played very well and toughed it out. But for reasons different than when Favre plays hurt.

buffalofan19
02-07-2005, 12:51 PM
"...which is the biggest game of his life up to this point".

That's the key. I don't question his desire to play. But don't be fooled into thinking he was doing it for the team. He wanted the spotlight. Yes, he played very well and toughed it out. But for reasons different than when Favre plays hurt.
I don't deny he did it for himself mostly, because he wanted to win a Super Bowl, which is what every NFLer wants.

EM Bills Fan 80
02-07-2005, 01:49 PM
"...which is the biggest game of his life up to this point".

So did you talk to T.O.? Did he tell you he was playing in this game for different reasons than when Favre plays?? I doubt it. So you can't assume things just because you hate the guy.

BTW, maybe you could list the reason Favre plays for when he's hurt and list the reasons why T.O. played in this game, I'm really intrested to see what you think

Mr. Cynical
02-07-2005, 02:09 PM
So did you talk to T.O.? Did he tell you he was playing in this game for different reasons than when Favre plays?? I doubt it. So you can't assume things just because you hate the guy.

BTW, maybe you could list the reason Favre plays for when he's hurt and list the reasons why T.O. played in this game, I'm really intrested to see what you thinkI can assume whatever I want. If you want to assume TO is the consummate team player and Brett is selfish, that's your call. More power to ya. I say (and many others as well) TO is an arrogant, selfish punk.

generalmills
02-07-2005, 04:03 PM
I dont really know how anyone could even consider his performance as selfish... The guy did everything that he said that he was going to do. He was able to use his upper body to break tackles and he proved that he is the best reciever in the league. His dedication to football and just getting into a position where he could possibly dress for that game should be admired. He worked hard and was rewarded for it by making 8 catches, placing his team in a better position then they could have been had he not played (Was Fred Ex gonna make those plays?)
Just because he has in the past celebrated TD's in a fashion that you might not have liked... (Get used to it... its the state of pro sports today!)
Give the guy the respect he deserves...Yesterday TO was everything a team could want in a wideout.

what else does he have to do?

jmb1099
02-07-2005, 04:07 PM
I can assume whatever I want. If you want to assume TO is the consummate team player and Brett is selfish, that's your call. More power to ya. I say (and many others as well) TO is an arrogant, selfish punk. We are in agreement as far as arrogance goes. That being said he brought something to the table yesterday that few players do anymore. No one really knows what his motivations were, but the effort that was given deserves respect. He talked the talk, and when no one thought he could (including me) he walked the walk.

Mr. Cynical
02-07-2005, 04:32 PM
what else does he have to do?
Stop being an ass**** and just play the game like he did yesterday. If he can do that, I'll chalk the other crap up to immaturity. If not, he'll never get my respect.

helmetguy
02-07-2005, 05:13 PM
If people wanted to think he was selfish, so be it. It became an issue after the game because he pissed, stewed and *****ed about it. Someone should have said, "TO, you've made a career of being a snot-nosed, selfish dip****. What makes today any different?"

HAMMER
02-07-2005, 06:50 PM
No doubt about that, he is, was, and always will be Terrell "me first" Owens.

EM Bills Fan 80
02-07-2005, 11:45 PM
I can assume whatever I want. If you want to assume TO is the consummate team player and Brett is selfish, that's your call. More power to ya. I say (and many others as well) TO is an arrogant, selfish punk.

I never said that Brett Favre was selfish. All I'm saying is that because a guy like T.O. or Randy Moss or Chad Johnson does something to help his team win it's considered selfish by people, but when the "good wholesome NFL player" like the Favre's or the Manning's do the same thing their praised.

jmb1099
02-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Selfish or not he stepped up and looked to be the only Eagle (with the exception of the center) who understood a sense of urgency. What a difference between him and the other loud mouth (smith) on the team. Oh and don't forget Pinkston, he decided he had enough and quit in the middle of the game. These guys deserve to be disrespected because of their poor play and half hearted efforts. However this isn't about them, only a reference point to highlight a glaring difference.

dannyek71
02-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Stop being an ass**** and just play the game like he did yesterday. If he can do that, I'll chalk the other crap up to immaturity. If not, he'll never get my respect.
TO played like a true professional the other day, if you didnt know about his past, youd have assumed he was one of the classier players in the league based on how he acted, especially when the patriots kept mocking them....

tampabay25690
02-08-2005, 09:26 AM

You know what though, I agree, and I knew if he said he was going to play he would play. He is the best WR in the league and if he was 100% he is the best player on the field in the SUper Bowl..... I have met TO before and he is one of th funniest and nicest guys I have ever met........He just likes attention, and I will be honest I would love to see him playing for Buff....

TigerJ
02-08-2005, 11:43 AM

I don't think you would get an arguement from any one of us on that point, Mr. Cynical. He has that side of his character, and it makes him almost universally disliked as a person. But no one can dispute his talent and his drive to be great. I'm with the rest of the choir. I don't like him personally. I don't like his "me first" antics. But what he did Sunday has to make one sit up and notice. He is one talented, tough son of a gun.