PDA

View Full Version : The long offseason begins...

Tatonka
02-06-2005, 10:01 PM
no more football for a loooooooong time.. only the draft to look forward to, which is also a long time away at the end of april..

this sucks.

F hockey and the greedy players and owners killing the season.. that has been the only thing that got me through the offseason in the past.

:cry:

Dozerdog
02-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Pro Bowl next week!

It's like methadone for the football season after a super bowl crack high

Iehoshua
02-06-2005, 10:04 PM
no more football for a loooooooong time.. only the draft to look forward to, which is also a long time away at the end of april..

this sucks.

F hockey and the greedy players and owners killing the season.. that has been the only thing that got me through the offseason in the past.

:cry:
This years draft class isn't really much to look forward to, especially with no 1st round pick as it stands today.

LtBillsFan66
02-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Well draft talk will be in full force. The REAL lull is from after the draft until June come around.

Section 130 Row 26
02-06-2005, 10:33 PM
March 2nd Free Agency.....at least we can look forward to logging online everyday to see how the 2005 roster is shaping up.

JG

Dozerdog
02-06-2005, 10:33 PM
March you get your first salcap cuts, then FAcy at the end of that month

April is draft month

May sucks (except for a short mini camp)

June 1st you have more cap cuts, and then those guys getting scooped up in FAcy

Then it gets really boring until the end of July

LtBillsFan66
02-06-2005, 10:34 PM
March you get your first salcap cuts, then FAcy at the end of that month

April is draft month

May sucks (except for a short mini camp)

June 1st you have more cap cuts, and then those guys getting scooped up in FAcy

Then it gets really boring until the end of July
Yep. Except there usually isn't too much activity on exactly June 1. I know from refreshing the boards ever 5 minutes the last few years that June 1 is usually uneventful.

The Natrix
02-06-2005, 10:38 PM
April is draft month

Let's be honest. It's draft weekend, not month. Nothing drives me more insane than mock drafts. I almost never click on those crap shoot threads. Honestly, was there ever a mock that predicted Evans and JP? They are almost as bad as "Let's trade Henry for so and so" when 99% of the time in the NFL, players are traded for picks.

LtBillsFan66
02-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Let's be honest. It's draft weekend, not month. Nothing drives me more insane than mock drafts. I almost never click on those crap shoot threads. Honestly, was there ever a mock that predicted Evans and JP? They are almost as bad as "Let's trade Henry for so and so" when 99% of the time in the NFL, players are traded for picks.
Yeah me too! I can't stand the mocks. I despise them. All most of them are are Kiper's with one or two picks different.

No one's an expert. Every bit of info fans get is 10th hand. Regurgitated talking points from ESPN. If any fan followed all those players that closely, they'd be scouts.