PDA

View Full Version : Help...Free agents

jbisset
02-07-2005, 12:49 AM
When does the free agents signing start?.....NE is now last year news....Lets start improving this team and look forward to a great year

superbills
02-07-2005, 01:42 AM
Free agency starts March 2nd, so let the countdown begin. Anyone up for a little Orlando Pace? Bye Bye Jonas, hello one of the best OT in the league.

ArcticWildMan
02-07-2005, 01:43 AM
Orlando Pace is on the down side of his career. We don't need him. Move Teague to LT and find a new center.

superbills
02-07-2005, 01:51 AM
I respectfully diasagree with you on Pace being on the downside of his career, Arctic. He's still, IMO one, one of the most dominant SOBs that an o-line can hope for. It's probably all moot though since the Rams will most likely tag him, again.

Bmax
02-07-2005, 01:57 AM
teague at lt i don't think so .. It's no secret that mcnally loves teague at center....I say we get shelton and draft mike munoz(anthony's kid) in rd 2 or 3....

Bmax
Go bills 2005
No masiello in 2005

superbills
02-07-2005, 02:07 AM
teague at lt i don't think so .. It's no secret that mcnally loves teague at center....

Which sickens me to no end. I want Teague as a backup, period. Teague constantly gets blown off the ball and McNally, our supposed OL genius can't see that he's struggling? Ross Tucker played a hell of a lot better then Teague and Tucker is still raw. We definitely need to get either a vet Center or go after someone in the draft to fill what I see as one of our most glaring weaknesses on the o-line.

Bmax
02-07-2005, 02:13 AM
Tucker should be given a shot at center he did play well when trey was out.

The bills need more quality offf lineman maybe some the pats free agents will sign here now that they won three rings they must want to make a little cash .. THEY KNOW THEY WON'T GET IT IN NEW ENGLAND ....

jUST ASK LAWYER......

Go Bills
Bmax

Michael82
02-07-2005, 03:48 AM
http://www.theredzone.org/2005/freeagents/index.asp

ryjam282
02-07-2005, 07:29 AM
I wouldn't mind Pace at all. He is a great tackle and would steamroll for us.

mysticsoto
02-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Tucker should be given a shot at center he did play well when trey was out.

The bills need more quality offf lineman maybe some the pats free agents will sign here now that they won three rings they must want to make a little cash .. THEY KNOW THEY WON'T GET IT IN NEW ENGLAND ....

jUST ASK LAWYER......

Go Bills
Bmax

This is what I used to think also, but I think MM and McNally think that Tucker is too slow for some of the calls they make. They seem to want someone athletic and Teague fits the position more.

Personally, I think we should draft a Center as our top pick and move Teague to LT. And we should still work on getting a FA or two to either backup or fight for a starting position!

Michael82
02-07-2005, 07:43 AM
I still don't see what was wrong with Teague. Frankly, I thought he had a pretty good season.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-07-2005, 08:20 AM
I still don't see what was wrong with Teague. Frankly, I thought he had a pretty good season.

I second that.

mysticsoto
02-07-2005, 08:29 AM

No, he didn't have a terrible season, but he's not a dominant center. He just doesn't have the strength level and size to work against some of the DTs out there. That's why I think he will be better at LT. He didn't even want to be Center when he came here. He was forced to do it. And while he does it "okay", I rather draft a good Center now that will be with us for years, and use Teague at another position that can use his athleticness and not worry about him being outclassed in size. Chris Spencer, Ben Wilkerson or Jason Brown might fit that bill nicely (no pun intended) although Brown is probably another year or so from being a starter.

Mahdi
02-07-2005, 12:24 PM
I would like to see us pick up a guard in FA, Andruzzi from the pats would be perfect. Re-sign Jonas and draft Baas. Who can play both guard and center.