PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh must be loving life tonight

ArcticWildMan
02-07-2005, 01:05 AM
McNabb choked bigger than any player ever has in the SB.

No clock management, no sense of urgency, piss poor throws, nothing. McNabb cost the Eagles a SB title tonight. Plain and simple.

Bmax
02-07-2005, 01:49 AM
You can't blame the whole game on mcnabb sure he looked like jim kelly in the bills second super bowl.. but he got his team close enough to almost pull it out... I think mcnabb faired alot better than some of the super bowl qb in their first game... See john elway stats in his first three........

Plus limbaugh was wrong all along ....mcnabb had a great season 30 td's only 8 int's two great playoff games ... He just turned the ball over too much against a great team....Plus rush is a steeler fan he is probaly still pissed at cowher from two weeks ago and still glad bush won re-election.....

Go bills
in 2005 and no hillary in 2008 !!!!

juice
02-07-2005, 06:42 AM

No clock management, no sense of urgency, piss poor throws, nothing. McNabb cost the Eagles a SB title tonight. Plain and simple.After the regular season that McNabb had, Rush L. said on his TalkShow that he had been wrong in his assessment of McNabb and his ability to play the QB position.

Not many people who play in the NFL can put up the total yards that McNabb put up against the Pats Defense.

A healthy T.O. would have been the difference.. T.O.'s inability to use his speed to get deep took away Philly's most potenant weapon.

ryjam282
02-07-2005, 07:13 AM
McNabb was exposed for what he is. A very average QB that isn't cool under pressure and misfires quite often. Not saying he isn't ggod. Just not very good when forced to make quick decisions. I mean how can you explain some of his throws? He escapes pressure by moving in the pocket and getting outside, then plants his feet, and throws a bullet 8 yards downfield (into double coverage), straight into the ground. How many times did you see him throw a ball that was no where near his intended target? He is an average QB at best. He was given a weapon in T.O. that made him look a lot better then he really is. Hell, look at Jeff George, the only season he was any good was when he was throwing jump balls to Moss, a great WR can do wonders to peoples views on you....How about McNabb's clock management? That is one of the biggest jokes I have seen in quite sometime. Hell, even the big dumb lineman knew to hurry it up and here he is signaling for a huddle. We all know if that was Drew we would have been going nuts.

That is another thing, how on earth is T.O. on the Eagles? S.F. and Baltimore work out a legal trade to send T.O. to the Ravens and he says he doesn't want to go so the NFL comes up with a way to TRY and make there poster boy black QB win a Super Bowl and they can't even do that right...Woops, that blew up in there face didn't it? What's next, the NFL orchestrates some way to get Moss to Atlanta so they can give Vick his shot to become the great black hope at QB? Dare I say it, but Rush is Right

Tatonka
02-07-2005, 07:21 AM
kelly played worse in superbowls than mcnabb did last night.

ryjam282
02-07-2005, 07:23 AM
I agree, but this topic is about Rush's comments on McNabb.

ryjam282
02-07-2005, 07:24 AM
Not to mention that Jimbo is a Hall of Famer, so he must have had a lot more good games then bad.

juice
02-07-2005, 07:29 AM
McNabb was exposed for what he is. A very average QB that isn't cool under pressure and misfires quite often. Not saying he isn't ggod. Just not very good when forced to make quick decisions. I mean how can you explain some of his throws? He escapes pressure by moving in the pocket and getting outside, then plants his feet, and throws a bullet 8 yards downfield (into double coverage), straight into the ground. How many times did you see him throw a ball that was no where near his intended target? He is an average QB at best. He was given a weapon in T.O. that made him look a lot better then he really is. Hell, look at Jeff George, the only season he was any good was when he was throwing jump balls to Moss, a great WR can do wonders to peoples views on you....How about McNabb's clock management? That is one of the biggest jokes I have seen in quite sometime. Hell, even the big dumb lineman knew to hurry it up and here he is signaling for a huddle. We all know if that was Drew we would have been going nuts.

That is another thing, how on earth is T.O. on the Eagles? S.F. and Baltimore work out a legal trade to send T.O. to the Ravens and he says he doesn't want to go so the NFL comes up with a way to TRY and make there poster boy black QB win a Super Bowl and they can't even do that right...Woops, that blew up in there face didn't it? What's next, the NFL orchestrates some way to get Moss to Atlanta so they can give Vick his shot to become the great black hope at QB? Dare I say it, but Rush is RightThe same BS arguement about decision making could be made about Manning or Big Ben or Favre and they will never be called a poster boy Black QB.

You sound like Rush before he admitted he was wrong about McNabb.. maybe Mcnabb was just beaten by a more complete team, Offensive and Defensive shortcomings were the reason the Eagles lost.. Not Black QBs inability to make quick decisions.

With the #s that McNabb is putting up I think he is a future HoFer.

ryjam282
02-07-2005, 07:35 AM
Of course they will never be called a poster boy black QB. They are white. What I am saying is that NFL just seems sick of the persona of the QB position being a "white" position. So, they are hyping up a few of the black QB's and in McNabb's case, giving him the top WR in the NFL, for 3rd string LB and a 6th round pick no less, so he can succeed. That didn't happen. That is all I mean. I really don't think that McNabb is really that bad but he isn't anywhere near a top 5 QB in the NFL either. That is what I meant by Rush is Right....I hate Rush Limbaugh, but I think he hit the nail on the head on this one.

Jan Reimers
02-07-2005, 07:39 AM
The same BS arguement about decision making could be made about Manning or Big Ben or Favre and they will never be called a poster boy Black QB.

You sound like Rush before he admitted he was wrong about McNabb.. maybe Mcnabb was just beaten by a more complete team, Offensive and Defensive shortcomings were the reason the Eagles lost.. Not Black QBs inability to make quick decisions.

With the #s that McNabb is putting up I think he is a future HoFer.
I agree, juice. McNabb is a great QB who should not be blamed for the Eagles loss. The one thing that surprised me is that he didn't run a little more - that's an important part of his game.

juice
02-07-2005, 07:41 AM
Name the top 5 QBs and justify excluding McNabb, I really dont see it.. And it's not just a few Black QBs that are playing top 5 ball.

I'd say 5 of the top 10 QBs are Black and not just because of their Race.

juice
02-07-2005, 07:46 AM
I agree, juice. McNabb is a great QB who should not be blamed for the Eagles loss. The one thing that surprised me is that he didn't run a little more - that's an important part of his game.I'd say that McNabb is going through a Reverse-Vick syndrome in that he is trying to prove that he isn't just a Glorified RB with an arm.. but on a team without a potent run game his ability to run the ball was exactly what they needed to get his team over the hump.

Minus T.O. as a deep threat McNabb should have used his God-given ability to pick up yards by rushing instead of forcing throws into coverage.

Novacane
02-07-2005, 08:07 AM
My biggest problem with him last night was the last 5 minutes. He was playing like they it was the 3rd quarter. I've never seen a team dick around like that when down by 2 scores. That was baffling

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-07-2005, 08:15 AM
Anyone who thinks that McNabb, Vick, Culpepper, Leftwich, McNair or any other black QB is a)not as good as people make them out to be or b) getting "assistance" from the NFL to put them in a position to succeed is just plain ignorant.

The idea that a black man is not intelligent enough to be a successful QB in the NFL is about as unenlightened as it gets.

BLACK/WHITE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A QB's SKILL/POISE/SUCCESS.

How can we still be having this discussion? How does this frayed logic explain the horrible play of most of the white QBs in this league?

Why does a qb having a bad game in his first superbowl (that he was one game away from for several years) have to be about his race? Do you people think that if McNabb was white the outcome would have been different? Please.

ryjam282
02-07-2005, 08:22 AM
Name the top 5 QBs and justify excluding McNabb, I really dont see it.. And it's not just a few Black QBs that are playing top 5 ball.

I'd say 5 of the top 10 QBs are Black and not just because of their Race.

Top 5, that is easy to exclude McNabb. He isn't even the best black QB out there right now. Culpepper is hands down better then McNabb. If C-Pep had the Philly D he would have been in the Super Bowl a few years ago.

Top 5
Manning
Brady
Culpepper
Favre
Roethlisberger

Based on what we saw this past season alone, Roethlisberger moved himself into the top 5 this season alone. Sure, he is a rookie and blah blah blah, but he was undefeated in the regular season. I think he moved ahead of a few others...If not, I would say Drew Brees or Delhomme. I would say McNabb is #7 at best.

ryjam282
02-07-2005, 08:25 AM
I am not making it about race saying because he is black he is bad. I am saying that the NFL wants a black QB to succeed. How else can you explain the T.O. thing? Please make me understand how a legit trade goes through and the NFL can overturn it?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-07-2005, 08:29 AM
While I am not goings to argue per se with other parts of your post...we are all entitled to our opinions....I don't see how you could put Roethlisberger in the top 5. I won't take anything away from his record, but when ranking QBs I think you have to look at them as an individual....for instance take them and insert them as the QB for the league's worst team...lets say the Dolphins....which QBs by sheer ability and poise would have added the most wins to a poor team...all other things being equal...
I can't see Roethlisberger improving the Dolphins much....he may well be great in years to come, but at this point many other QBs outshine him easily.

ryjam282
02-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Anyone who thinks that McNabb, Vick, Culpepper, Leftwich, McNair or any other black QB is a)not as good as people make them out to be or b) getting "assistance" from the NFL to put them in a position to succeed is just plain ignorant.

The idea that a black man is not intelligent enough to be a successful QB in the NFL is about as unenlightened as it gets.

How can we still be having this discussion? How does this frayed logic explain the horrible play of most of the white QBs in this league?

Why does a qb having a bad game in his first superbowl (that he was one game away from for several years) have to be about his race? Do you people think that if McNabb was white the outcome would have been different? Please.

I never said he wasn't intelligent enough.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Just not very good when forced to make quick decisions.

Hell, even the big dumb lineman knew to hurry it up and here he is signaling for a huddle.

You didn't say he wasn't intelligent enough? To me, these two thoughts say otherwise...

If you are not very good when you have to think on your feet you are considered not intelligent.

If you are "dumber" than a "big dumb" person, I would think you are not intelligent.

But hey, I wasn't necessarily targeting you with my prior post anyway...just in general for those who might be lurking...

ryjam282
02-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Well, I didn't mean he wasn't an intelligent person by any means, the big dumb lineman part is taking a shot at lineman that people all think they are big fat dummy's so that is all I meant by that.

juice
02-07-2005, 08:52 AM
Top 5, that is easy to exclude McNabb. He isn't even the best black QB out there right now. Culpepper is hands down better then McNabb. If C-Pep had the Philly D he would have been in the Super Bowl a few years ago.

Top 5
Manning
Brady
Culpepper
Favre
Roethlisberger

Based on what we saw this past season alone, Roethlisberger moved himself into the top 5 this season alone. Sure, he is a rookie and blah blah blah, but he was undefeated in the regular season. I think he moved ahead of a few others...If not, I would say Drew Brees or Delhomme. I would say McNabb is #7 at best.Favre? Big Ben? Come on.. Favre has been great in the past and Big Ben Might be great in the Future but neither put up anything like 30 TDs and 8 Ints. Big Ben played like a Rookie with alot of talent surrounding him in the second half of the season, and Brett is a past great on an average team but neither performed like a top 5 at the QB position this year.

trapezeus
02-07-2005, 09:25 AM

WELL SAID.

ryjam282
02-07-2005, 09:41 AM

What does the first game thing have to do with anything? Brady seemed to do well in his first, and Montana, and Aikman, among many others, that is a bad excuse.

Tatonka
02-07-2005, 09:46 AM
i hate to agree with juice..

but i take mcnabb over todays farve or rothlisberger.. farve is just obviously hanging on at this point.. and big ben's team won with him making few mistakes.. but a guy that throws an average of 18 passes a game does not deserve to be over mcnabb.. mcnabb is a good qb.. probably top 5.. do i like him? not really.. maybe it is the whole syracuse/vt comeback game thing.. but he seems to make mistakes in the big games.. i guess most qbs do though, except for brady.. manning does it too.. if the qbs were not making mistakes.. i guess they would be winning superbowls..

bottom line is, buffalo has not seen a 30td / 8 int type of year from a qb for longer than i can remember.. and most other qbs in the nfl dont put up those numbers either.

ryjam282
02-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Well said T and Juice....it is all subjective anyways, the top 5. I think we can all agree he is a top 10 QB but like I said, the top 5 is subjective. Right now, it is hard to go against a QB that didn't lose a game till he played the world champs and I still would take Favre over 27-28 other QB's in this league. But definitely no JP though :mex:

juice
02-07-2005, 10:00 AM
i hate to agree with juice..

but i take mcnabb over todays farve or rothlisberger.. farve is just obviously hanging on at this point.. and big ben's team won with him making few mistakes.. but a guy that throws an average of 18 passes a game does not deserve to be over mcnabb.. mcnabb is a good qb.. probably top 5.. do i like him? not really.. maybe it is the whole syracuse/vt comeback game thing.. but he seems to make mistakes in the big games.. i guess most qbs do though, except for brady.. manning does it too.. if the qbs were not making mistakes.. i guess they would be winning superbowls..

bottom line is, buffalo has not seen a 30td / 8 int type of year from a qb for longer than i can remember.. and most other qbs in the nfl dont put up those numbers either.Don't Hate, Elaborate.

I thought you'd be a Rush Guy.. I have a new found respect for Tatonka's ability to judge top QB talent.

Bellichik/Crennel defenses seem to cause most top QBs to make mistakes.. I give credit to the Pats schemes, they cause opposing teams to become one-dimesional and then make adjustments in the second half to minimize their effectivness.

Tatonka
02-07-2005, 10:21 AM
why did you think i would be a rush guy?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-07-2005, 10:24 AM
What does the first game thing have to do with anything? Brady seemed to do well in his first, and Montana, and Aikman, among many others, that is a bad excuse.

Of course, never having played in the NFL I can only guess....but I would think that the hype/buildup/excitement of the Superbowl could get to a guy...
I mean as a football player, most have been playing the game for a big part of their lives....dreaming of making it to the superbowl....and some guys might crack under the pressure. Not saying it will always happen---you listed a few exceptions but I noticed there was no Doug Williams...in fact lots of times the guys get over it after the first quarter....

My point here was that you can't base your entire opinion of a guy on one game, whether it be good or bad.....and the superbowl has a lot more distractions/expectations attached to it than any other game.

ryjam282
02-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Of course, never having played in the NFL I can only guess....but I would think that the hype/buildup/excitement of the Superbowl could get to a guy...
I mean as a football player, most have been playing the game for a big part of their lives....dreaming of making it to the superbowl....and some guys might crack under the pressure. Not saying it will always happen---you listed a few exceptions but I noticed there was no Doug Williams...in fact lots of times the guys get over it after the first quarter....

I apologize for not putting Doug Williams in there....I will also add Mark Ryoien and Jeff Hostettler also. :peace: :smile:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-07-2005, 12:53 PM
I apologize for not putting Doug Williams in there....I will also add Mark Ryoien and Jeff Hostettler also. :peace: :smile:

Just busting your balls a little...

ryjam282
02-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Oh, I know...No worries....

"I Love Black People!!!!" -Jerry Maguire

jmb1099
02-07-2005, 04:15 PM
My biggest problem with him last night was the last 5 minutes. He was playing like they it was the 3rd quarter. I've never seen a team dick around like that when down by 2 scores. That was baffling Agreed.
It was almost as if he had either already given up or who knows, but it was (as far as my memory serves me) the most poorly managed 5 minutes in Super Bowl history. What about that play befre the final int when he hit westbrook in the middle of 5 pats with no time outs left? Ugly is an understatement.

Historian
02-08-2005, 07:19 AM
Top 5
Manning
Brady
Culpepper
Favre
Roethlisberger

37. Bledsoe

Tatonka
02-08-2005, 08:51 AM
:rofl:

5 backups and every starter are better than bledsoe..

juice
02-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Agreed.
It was almost as if he had either already given up or who knows, but it was (as far as my memory serves me) the most poorly managed 5 minutes in Super Bowl history. What about that play befre the final int when he hit westbrook in the middle of 5 pats with no time outs left? Ugly is an understatement.The clock issues at the end were as much the coaches faults as McNabb's.. they are in contact with Don. McN. Through the Headsets- They should be giving him two plays to call in the huddle.

It seemed as though the Eagles had not GamePlanned for a scenario in which they had to run a No-Huddle or hurryup at the end of the Game.. all they needed was to get into FG range for one of the Strongest kickers in the NFL.

Wide Right_xxv
02-08-2005, 06:19 PM

No clock management, no sense of urgency, piss poor throws, nothing. McNabb cost the Eagles a SB title tonight. Plain and simple. I was thinking the exact same thing.:funny: