PDA

View Full Version : My top 10 observations about last nights game

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-07-2005, 07:24 AM
10. Worst SB commmercials ever
9. Todd Pinkston sucks big time. He had inside position on a couple of those passes and didn't catch the pass. Allegator arms.
8. Tom Brady didn't win the game, the Patriots did.
7. Donovan McNabb was aweful
6. Rodney Harrison is a stud.
5. The Eagles blew the game with 6 minutes left and they took their time getting down the field.
4. TO is all that he says he is, what a balls out game he played.
3. Did Javon Kearse even play? The only time you heard his name was when he was hurt.
2. Goodbye Charlie and Romeo.
1. I hate the Patriots.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-07-2005, 07:40 AM
PS - The Eagles had every opportunity to take that game and even out played NE in the 1st half and couldn't take it.

Earthquake Enyart
02-07-2005, 07:56 AM
PS - The Eagles had every opportunity to take that game and even out played NE in the 1st half and couldn't take it.
Agree about the commercials. :puke:

Why Pinkston is still in the NFL is beyond me.

I think McNabb was really hurt when he got sacked and that guys fasemask went up under his. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a broken jaw.

Why did the Pats dump Milloy? Two words. Rodney Harrison.

Heard TO say on the radio this morning that if Favre played with the injury that TO had, he'd be deified. Well, TO, that's the price you pay for being a showboating hot dog.

EDS
02-07-2005, 08:10 AM
Heard TO say on the radio this morning that if Favre played with the injury that TO had, he'd be deified. Well, TO, that's the price you pay for being a showboating hot dog.

Agree completely. If TO wasn't a little punk b*tch in general he might be respected more for his on the field accomplishment. As it is, there will always be a "yeah but" when discussing his career.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-07-2005, 09:11 AM

The only way you can beat the Patriots is to take advantage of the few mistakes they make....you have to make them pay.....if you don't....you are gonna lose every time.

The Pats made a lot of mistakes in the first half....and the Eagles let them get away with it. I was sure at halftime that the Pats were going to win....there was no question in my mind.

dannyek71
02-07-2005, 09:19 AM
commericals get worse every year...there were a couple decent ones

justasportsfan
02-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Here's my observation...

Brady drops back, looks left, looks right, throws left. 1st down NE.

Drew drops back looks left, looks left, looks left, looks up to the sky or looks down to the ground. Brain Moorman to punt.

ShadowHawk7
02-07-2005, 11:50 AM
If TO wasn't a little punk b*tch in general he might be respected more for his on the field accomplishment.

Not exactly to defend him, but how is he a little punk b*itch again? I thought it was cool of him to not “bust a move” after every catch, like many pats WRs did, and just walk back to the huddle, when he was trying to get the Eagles back into the game. Yes, he is cocky. So are 90 percent of the WRs out there. He knows he’s good, he says he’s good, then he backs it up most of the time. JMO..

DaBills
02-07-2005, 11:10 PM
"10. Worst SB commmercials ever
9. Todd Pinkston sucks big time. He had inside position on a couple of those passes and didn't catch the pass. Allegator arms.
8. Tom Brady didn't win the game, the Patriots did.
7. Donovan McNabb was aweful
6. Rodney Harrison is a stud.
5. The Eagles blew the game with 6 minutes left and they took their time getting down the field.
4. TO is all that he says he is, what a balls out game he played.
3. Did Javon Kearse even play? The only time you heard his name was when he was hurt.
2. Goodbye Charlie and Romeo.
1. I hate the Patriots.
"

Yeah, I'd agree with most of it. Before the first half, I thought the Eagles had shut Brady down and frustrated him. No reason at that point for them to lose the game, but Reid snatched a loss from the jaws of victory. If BB adjusts at halftime like no one else, then Reid was at the other end of the spectrum.

Two more BIG things:

11) Eagles stopped their pressure on Brady, and that gave him time to pick apart their secondary.

12) McNabb was removed as a running threat, and worse, I don't even think Reid ever planned for him TO run. One rollout to the right that he was caught for a loss on and that was it, from what I saw.

He jumped around in the pocket, but never tucked and run. It was almost as if Reid was determined to make McNabb be strictly a pocket passer. Dude runs all year, ya' gotta turn him lose. Otherwise, when DO you?

At the end on a few plays, NE was giving them the finger by only having 2 guys deep! Everyone else was in tight. That just says they had the Eagles' number.