PDA

View Full Version : Best and worst Super Bowl Commercials

jmb1099
02-07-2005, 08:14 AM
Ok I think most of the commercials were awful, still there were some better than others. My choice for best commercials were the ameriquest (don't judge too quickly) and the worst were the monkeys. Thoughts?

Novacane
02-07-2005, 08:17 AM
This was the worst lot I remember. The only one that made me laugh was the Ameriquest one.

The Ford Mustang one was mildly funny. Other than those 2 these companies paid a ton of money for nothing. I don't even remember most of them they were so lame

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-07-2005, 08:17 AM
I myself was a big fan of the GoDaddy.com commercial.

Jeff1220
02-07-2005, 10:07 AM
My favorite was the FedEx one with all the commercial formula cliches.

OpIv37
02-07-2005, 10:17 AM
I liked the Ameriquest one with the cat, although I'm not entirely sure how it advertises Ameriquest's services.

The Mustang one wasn't bad, except that they showed it every 18 seconds. At one point they repeated it after less than 2 minutes, as if anyone was watching the 2nd time that didn't see it the first time. The Puff Daddy Pepsi truck one was amusing the first time, but I got sick of it fast as well.

The_Philster
02-07-2005, 10:24 AM
from (http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/admeter/2005-ad-meter-results-chart.htm)
<table>
<tr>
<td colspan=3 align="center">10 most popular</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><b>Company</b></td>
<td><b>Description</b></td>
<td><b>Score</b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Anheuser-Busch </td>
<td>Pilot jumps out of plane for six-pack of Bud Light
after skydiver refuses.</td>
<td>8.65</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Ameriquest<ep> Mortgage</td>
<td>Store customer's cell phone chat misunderstood to
be robbery.</td>
<td>8.06</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Anheuser-Busch </td>
<td>American troops get standing ovation thank you at
airport.</td>
<td>7.94</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>CareerBuilder.com</td>
<td>Guy in boardroom won't kiss-up to monkey boss —
but one monkey does.</td>
<td>7.86</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Guy sits on whoopee cushion as prankster monkey colleagues
laugh.</td>
<td>7.81</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Guy can't get work done because he works with a bunch
of monkeys.</td>
<td>7.77</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Anheuser-Busch </td>
<td>Guy at game sees cell phone photo of his girl at home
with another guy.</td>
<td>7.71</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Ameriquest<ep> Mortgage</td>
<td>Romantic dinner goes awry after cat knocks over spaghetti
sauce.</td>
<td>7.67</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Emerald Nuts</td>
<td>Nut-loving dad takes grief from unicorn, Santa Claus
and the Easter Bunny.</td>
<td>7.61</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Pepsi</td>
<td>Cindy Crawford, other women eye handsome Diet Pepsi
drinker.</td>
<td>7.54</td>
</tr>
</table>

ShadowHawk7
02-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Yeah, the don't judge to quickly ones were great. I liked the one w/ that hot lady in front of the geezer commitee, whose shirt kept almost coming off. Can't quite remember what the ad was trying to pitch though...

The_Philster
02-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Yeah, the don't judge to quickly ones were great. I liked the one w/ that hot lady in front of the geezer commitee, whose shirt kept almost coming off. Can't quite remember what the ad was trying to pitch though...

godaddy.com It's a site where you can register domain names and websites

Mr. Cynical
02-07-2005, 12:01 PM
They all sucked, just some sucked less than others. Worst SB ad year ever imo.

DanS
02-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Did anyone notice in the Pepsi ad with Cindy Crawford, the guy from Queer Eye was in there? LOL

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Did anyone notice in the Pepsi ad with Cindy Crawford, the guy from Queer Eye was in there? LOL

Uhhhh....I don't think many men watch that show dude....at least not straight men......

I wasn't looking for guys......I don't know about the other male zoners...but I was pretty focused on Cindy Crawford and the other ladies.

dannyek71
02-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Uhhhh....I don't think many men watch that show dude....at least not straight men......

I wasn't looking for guys......I don't know about the other male zoners...but I was pretty focused on Cindy Crawford and the other ladies.

I thought it was funny, and I never watch the show...

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-07-2005, 01:02 PM
I thought it was funny, and I never watch the show...

Ok, that's cool.....but how did you know who it was? If you never watch the show?

mysticsoto
02-07-2005, 01:12 PM
They weren't regular commercials, but what made me laugh the most was the NFL commercial that starts with Roethlisburger on an island with...Montana is it? I cracked up when they showed Gruden yelling at his kids. That to me was better than any commercial - although the budlight plane commercial was okay.

Iehoshua
02-07-2005, 01:33 PM
They all sucked, just some sucked less than others. Worst SB ad year ever imo.
I agree, but I laughed hardest at the Lay's commercial where they threw MC Hammer back. That's my pick!
:rofl:

The Natrix
02-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Worst year for SB commercials, hands down.

BillyT92679
02-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Both Ameriquest commercials, and the FedEx one were great... the GoDaddy.com was sexy... and the rest sucked.

BillyT92679
02-07-2005, 05:43 PM
I just can't believe it cost 2.4 mill for these commercials.

Bill Brasky
02-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Ameriquest with the cat and pasta sauce.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-07-2005, 08:04 PM
:patriot: I can't believe none of you guys not one of you said the one about Anheuser Busch: THANK YOU where our troops come home that's the only commercial that mattered the other ones were :madcurse: compared to that one :patriot: :usa: :chair:

The_Philster
02-07-2005, 08:25 PM
:patriot: I can't believe none of you guys not one of you said the one about Anheuser Busch: THANK YOU where our troops come home that's the only commercial that mattered the other ones were :madcurse: compared to that one :patriot: :usa: :chair:

Check the first thread that was created about the Super Bowl commercials before you have a coronary

BidsJr
02-07-2005, 08:28 PM
I agree that the best commercial was the AB welcome home troops ad.

(Of course most Dems would disagree) :loser:

Michael82
02-07-2005, 08:48 PM
I agree that the Welcome Home Troops one was the best of a bad lot. :patriot:

I did laugh at the one where the guy was talking on his cell phone and said "You're getting robbed" and then he was maced and beat up by the clerk. :snicker:

Dantheman1280
02-08-2005, 10:19 AM
I liked the one with cedric the entertainer, and they are like 3 things on an island bud light and two ladiesm and then they show the ladies *****ing!!! OMG SO TRUE

northernbillfan
02-08-2005, 02:19 PM
They were okay, took me a day or two to watch them as we don't get the good ones up in Canada, CRTC (Can's FCC) rules enable local broadcasters to override the American signal.

I found all of them, as always, on IFILM.com, even the banned godaddy, Mickey Rooney and Wardrobe malfunction bud light ads are there.

All the ads (http://dyn.ifilm.com/superbowlads/)