PDA

View Full Version : I'm so depressed about this game....

OpIv37
02-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Brady made two good throws all day, Dillon was a little better than average, and the Pats STILL beat a very good Eagles team. First, this officially makes them a dynasty- I can't deny it any more.

Second, our team is just going to waste because we'll never win our division. By the time the Pats start to fade, our defense will be old and depleted by FA, and our three young guys on offense will be past their prime. The only way for us to win a SB is as a WC, which means winning 4 consecutive road games. That's just not going to happen in today's NFL.

Third, the horrid off-season has officially started, and in the worst possible way: with a Patriots SB win. That's like being on the ground having a heart attack, then having someone walk up, steal your wallet and kick you in the nuts.

**** the Patriots and **** off-season.

LtBillsFan66
02-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Brady doesn't make mistakes. The whole team doesn't make mistakes. That's the bottom line.

OpIv37
02-07-2005, 10:19 AM
In the first half, they made several mistakes- Brady's TO, the penalty that negated the TO, several other dumb penalties, etc, but Philly wasn't able to capitalize. That's why I don't see us doing anything over the next few years- the Pats will be an insurmountable roadblock until our team has run it's course- by the time they're rebuilding, we'll be rebuilding, again too.

I'm only 25 and seriously doubting that I'll ever see a Bills SB win in my lifetime.

Lone Stranger
02-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Let's be candid about everything. The Pats have an AAA operation. If the Bills and other teams want to be successful they are just going to have to be better at doing it. Maybe doing a better job of coaching, drafting, etc. We can be resentful and envious but what we really should try to do is emulate them.

Captain gameboy
02-07-2005, 11:17 AM
These things can come apart much faster than they are built.
Cheer up.

OpIv37
02-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Let's be candid about everything. The Pats have an AAA operation. If the Bills and other teams want to be successful they are just going to have to be better at doing it. Maybe doing a better job of coaching, drafting, etc. We can be resentful and envious but what we really should try to do is emulate them.

I think the Bills (and a lot of other teams) are doing what they can. We have a great coaching staff in place- not that I think they're as good as the Pats, but I think Wilson and TD recognize that it starts there. We have an excellent D that forces turnovers and scores, and DB's who are still learning how not to give up the big play. We have several players who play different positions, like Vrabel and Troy Brown. The thing is that it's hard to find all-pro linebackers who will play for $2m or less a season like the Pats have.

imbondz
02-07-2005, 11:51 AM
in 1999 the Rams went from 3-13 to SB champs without ever a rebuilding period. anything can happen.

OpIv37
02-07-2005, 11:53 AM
in 1999 the Rams went from 3-13 to SB champs without ever a rebuilding period. anything can happen.

Anything can happen in their POS division. We've got the Patriots to contend with, plus we're in the toughest division in football and the tougher of the two conferences.