PDA

View Full Version : To anyone who thinks losing their assistants will hurt the Pats....

OpIv37
02-07-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry, but it's a pipe dream. NE39 said Bellicheck is hiring from the inside, which means you still have the same HC and players running the same system. It may hurt them a little, but you heard it here first- they easily win the division with no worse than a 12-4 record. Super Bowl? IDK, someone may be able to pick them off deep in the playoffs, but I doubt it.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-07-2005, 12:38 PM
You honestly believe that the underlings in Foxboro are as talented as Crennel and Weis? I for one do not. They will have to be to keep up this streak. The wheels will come off the Pats wagon this coming season...and then the Pats have a built in excuse for failure.....and the questions will start coming....."maybe Belichek wasn't the genious people thought he was"....

don137
02-07-2005, 12:42 PM
I don't think losing Crennel will hurt but losing Weis will hurt them. He is an offensive guru and mastermind. Always expect the unexpected with Weis. I am not sure if it have an effect next year but it will definitely hurt them in 2006 Since Bellicheck forte is defense I don't think the defense will miss a beat.

justasportsfan
02-07-2005, 12:45 PM
their former janitor should do fine calling the offensive plays. :D.

Devin
02-07-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm sorry, but it's a pipe dream. NE39 said Bellicheck is hiring from the inside, which means you still have the same HC and players running the same system. It may hurt them a little, but you heard it here first- they easily win the division with no worse than a 12-4 record. Super Bowl? IDK, someone may be able to pick them off deep in the playoffs, but I doubt it.

While I agree they will still be tough, and hiring from the inside is smart its just foolish to believe the pats will be just as good or better without Weis, Crennel or Mangiani. It wouldnt shock me to see them loose one more.

I believe Mangiani was the genius who got Troy Brown ready for his CB duties.

OpIv37
02-07-2005, 01:54 PM
same players... same head coach.... same underlings. You don't think their lower level assistants learned anything from Weis and Crennel?

They're still going to win the division next year- there's no doubt in my mind.

djjimkelly
02-07-2005, 03:53 PM
its not that they didnt learn anything from weis or crennel but its feel and knowing when to call what on certain downs thats what will be changed in NE next year. they are still the favs and prolly will still win divsion but not like the force they are now

Michael82
02-07-2005, 08:08 PM
You are also discounting the fact that some Pats may choose to retire this year too. The LB crew are getting old. :pray:

B-DON
02-07-2005, 09:16 PM
crennel is trying to take mangini(check spelling) the db's coach with him to cleveland. its said he has the choice of money with crennel and less for rings with the pats.

cordog
02-07-2005, 10:40 PM
crennel is trying to take mangini(check spelling) the db's coach with him to cleveland. its said he has the choice of money with crennel and less for rings with the pats.

Im sure there will be a few other assistants from the patsthat will be in line for coordinating jobs around the league.

Ickybaluky
02-08-2005, 07:35 AM
Im sure there will be a few other assistants from the patsthat will be in line for coordinating jobs around the league.

The only assistant left who is not under contract is Eric Mangini. Both Pepper Johnson and Dean Pees, who have been rumored for coordintor posts in Cleveland and Miami respectively, are under contract for another season. The only way they could leave to become coordinators is if the Pats grant permission. There is not league rule that assistants can leave for coordinator spots, only HC positions. It isn't uncommon for assistants to be blocked from leaving for coordintor spots, like Jon Gruden did with Rod Marinelli.

TigerJ
02-08-2005, 07:57 AM
Crennel and Weis leaving for other climes will not make a huge difference for NE, but in the NFL the difference between wins and losses can be razor thin. I wouldn't expect NE to be 2-14 next year, but they could lose two or three games that this year they would have won. That might be the crack that another team needs to sneak ahead of them. I'm not going to worry too much this year though. If Buffalo starts Losman this year, I really would not expect a Super Bowl. I will hope the Bills win as many games this year as last, maybe even one or two more, but even though Pittsburgh went to the AFC championship game with a rookie QB, it is a hard thing to win consistently in pressure situations like the playoffs with a first time starter.