PDA

View Full Version : Josh Reed...

im4bflo
02-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Reed has got to do some huge improving, he's got to get his hands back, and work on his separation from the DB's. Or he'll be losing his job quick.
You've got to have your third option making plays.
What do you think?

Captain gameboy
02-08-2005, 05:22 AM
I think he's a paradoxical conundrum mysteriously wrapped in an enigma.

helmetguy
02-08-2005, 05:46 AM
He's got to get his hand back and his head out of his ass.

Historian
02-08-2005, 06:12 AM
He was drafted as a posession receiver. He can't even catch a cold.

Cut him loose. Way too many guys out there that want to play.

don137
02-08-2005, 06:31 AM
He has not shown anything in his 3 years. I say see what he can do with JP at the helm next year and then if he still sucks then time to cut the losses. Sometimes a new QB can change a WR.

The King
02-08-2005, 07:01 AM
Reed is a big ? He doesnt do anything that a slot reciever should do well. His hands are inconnsistent, his routes are sloppy, and he isnt physical. His job isnt that tough, I dont remember too many instances where Bledsoe led him into any hits over the middle of the field. I think Evans took more shots than him. If Josh wants to stay on the team he really needs to step it up. Bobby Shaw was in position to take Reeds job before he got mysteriously cut. This was a huge year for guys like Randel El, Stokley and Branch. I dont think Reed needs to be half as good as them to be effective but right now he isnt 10% of those guys.

I would deal him for the right offer. I am sure we could pick up someone to replace him in FA.

Jan Reimers
02-08-2005, 07:01 AM
He has not shown anything in his 3 years. I say see what he can do with JP at the helm next year and then if he still sucks then time to cut the losses. Sometimes a new QB can change a WR.
I agree. Drew seems to have confidence only in Moulds and Evans. While his lack of confidence in Reed may be well deserved, there may be better chemistry between JP and JR. I'd give Reed one more shot.

dannyek71
02-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Give him 1 more year....

Im not trying to defend him, but it took Moulds and Price a few years to develop. Reed was hurt much of last year. Give him 1 year with JP and if he sucks, then dump him. Otherwise, lets see what he can do. Reed COULD develop into a pretty decent reciever, who else would we put in, Drew Haddad who has pretty much no upside.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-08-2005, 07:40 AM
I would love to see him cut or traded...I think Aiken or Smith are better options, and God knows there are always lots of "possession" type receivers available on the free agent market. Reed is a bust, officially.

Uncle Jesse
02-08-2005, 08:04 AM
Keep him around. I like him.

Lone Stranger
02-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Time to move on. This is professional football; 3 years is enough time to show your wares. Look at the Pats!!!

Tatonka
02-08-2005, 08:45 AM
some sick part of me wants to see him stay.. i liked him so much in college that i just want to give him too much of an opportunity.. he should have done much more by now.. but he was very good as a rookie.. if we could just get that back..

he has all the tools, and then some, compaired to someone like stokley.. there is no reason he cant do that.. he just hasnt/cant/wont.

justasportsfan
02-08-2005, 08:47 AM
I agree. Drew seems to have confidence only in Moulds and Evans. While his lack of confidence in Reed may be well deserved, there may be better chemistry between JP and JR. I'd give Reed one more shot. It doesn't matter who's in there, Brady connects w/ everyone and doesn't have that confidence problem w/ his teammates.

Looks to me that Drew has actually lost confidence in himself more than he has w/ others. He didn't have a problem in his first year. It could be that he had something to prove back then just getting traded from NE. Now it seems he doesn't have that fire anymore.

There was a time when he could thread his passes to his receivers like Mcnabb did in his 2 td's in the sb. I rarley see Drew do that these days.He usually has to wait for his receivers to get open before he zips it.

JP was connecting w/ Josh Reed at camp. I'd like to see that combo before we let Reed go. I know he's dying to join Saban again in Miami and if Saban is anything like BB, he'll get his players to play like probowlers regardless of whether they are rookies, vet's or bench warmer's. NE always seem to bring out the best out of their players. They had rookies playing like vet's in their first SB ever.

The King
02-08-2005, 08:52 AM
It doesn't matter who's in there, Brady connects w/ everyone and doesn't have that confidence problem w/ his teammates.

Looks to me that Drew has actually lost confidence in himself more than he has w/ others. He didn't have a problem in his first year. It could be that he had something to prove back then just getting traded from NE. Now it seems he doesn't have that fire anymore.

There was a time when he could thread his passes to his receivers like Mcnabb did in his 2 td's in the sb. I rarley see Drew do that these days.He usually has to wait for his receivers to get open before he zips it.

New Englands recievers are a lot more physical than Buffalo's. They will go right over the middle and take a shot, Brady leads them into big hits often. Moulds used to be the best in the game at playing physical from the WR spot but I dont know what happened there either. One thing I have noticed about Brady is that he will throw to his recievers real low, if they are covered just to get it in there. I dont know If I have ever seen Drew do that. But I do think NE receivers "want the ball" more.

dannyek71
02-08-2005, 08:58 AM
It doesn't matter who's in there, Brady connects w/ everyone and doesn't have that confidence problem w/ his teammates.

JP was connecting w/ Josh Reed at camp. I'd like to see that combo before we let Reed go. I know he's dying to join Saban again in Miami and if Saban is anything like BB, he'll get his players to play like probowlers regardless of whether they are rookies, vet's or bench warmer's. NE always seem to bring out the best out of their players. They had rookies playing like vet's in their first SB ever.

Brady could make Oprah look like a HOF reciever........

You can pin alot of JR because he does drop passes, but what it boils down to is that no matter how good the QB is, the best reciever in the league cannot do great things with a crappy QB.....

If you put Jerry Rice (in his prime), Randy Moss and TO out there, and me as QB, im sure they would all play like crap too.

Lets get a decent QB before we blame it all on the WRs (although I am not entirely standing up for JR)

helmetguy
02-08-2005, 09:20 AM
There's no excuse for a WR to drop passes that hit him in the hands...period. If he's looking upfield or making a move too soon, he's not concentrationg on the immediate job at hand. Granted, Bledsoe has seen a better day, but Reed's head ain't on straight, either. Maybe if the guy didn't have the dropsies, perhaps the QB might look a little better, too. It's not like he has to be an acrobat on every ball thrown to him. The "**** or get off the pot" standard holds for WRs as well as QBs.

DraftBoy
02-08-2005, 09:44 AM
One more year for Josh and then he's gone if he doesnt step up. I pray he does bc then our WR combo could be deadly.

trapezeus
02-08-2005, 10:47 AM
as long as he stays in buffalo, if he has one dropped ball, the crowd will get on him. he needs a fresh start. i doubt we can get anything for him. i doubt we could trade him for seats in the rockpile.

i do think he has some potential, but with the draft ahead, the fact aiken got some catches and more time at the end of the season, reed either needs to have a stellar offseason and camp, or go somewhere else where the pressure is off him.

Historian
02-08-2005, 11:33 AM
He will need to have an outstanding camp this summer if he wants to be on the final roster.

TigerJ
02-08-2005, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't miss him if the Bills decided to dump him this year. If they do keep him, I think it is a last chance. He's got to show a lot more than he has or he's OUTTA HERE!

buffalofan19
02-08-2005, 01:18 PM
I think Reed's problems are not because of who is at QB. I think they are based on focus more than anything. Before he got hurt vs. Arizona, Drew Bledsoe was throwing to him quite a bit, and he still dropped passes. The guy was getting good separation, especially in the Baltimore game but everytime the ball came to him (and the passes were very catchable) he couldn't grab it for some reason. Then I saw a picture of him with the ball coming straight towards him, about a foot away, but his eyes were looking in a different direction. My guess is that he is taking his eyes off the ball a little too soon, probably thinking of what he is going to do after the catch than just focusing on brining the football in. That problem seems easily corrected with coaching. Perhaps the receivers coach (whoever he is) might pick up on it, and then we would probably see very good production out of Josh Reed.

The_Philster
02-08-2005, 05:10 PM
He will need to have an outstanding camp this summer if he wants to be on the final roster.

That's what I've been thinking the last couple of months. He's got a good shot at missing the cut in 2005

jamze132
02-08-2005, 05:17 PM
I have told everyone this before, but I will say it again. Josh Reed will perform this year. He will have his head out of his ass by training camp. He know's that he will be watched closely and I am sure he will be training hard in the offseason with Moulds, Evans, and T.O. (yes they train together) Reed will be just fine this year, you guys will see.

Mr. Cynical
02-08-2005, 05:49 PM
I want to see him with a confident, capable QB throwing to him before I call him a bust. Let's see how he does with JP and take it from there.

RedEyE
02-08-2005, 06:04 PM
I say he gets another shot a training camp this year and if he proves worthy, keep him on for a third season.

I'm really interested to see how Losman and Reed might connect. Both having gone to school in cajun country, they may find a connection that Drew didn't have with him. It might be enough to light a fire under his ass and obtain the level of play from his collegiate years.

im4bflo
02-08-2005, 06:31 PM
I too don't think we'll get much for him, and agree that one more shot with JP under center is all he get's. 16 catches for 153 yrds. don't cut it, he better work his butt off in the offseason.