PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear something about McNair for Bledsoe?

DaBills
02-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Today driving home I caught the tail end of Mike and the Maddog on WFAN/66 NBC. Mike was talking about how someone high up (either coach or GM, but he wouldn't give the name) mentioned to him this past weekend that the Drew situation was up in the air and McNair's name was being considered? He started to go into details, but then said he couldn't at this time. Anyone hear anything about this?

Dozerdog
02-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Only really high people.

Are you nuts? Why would they trade last year's co-MVP for Bledsoe?

STAMPY
02-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Today driving home I caught the tail end of Mike and the Maddog on WFAN/66 NBC. Mike was talking about how someone high up (either coach or GM, but he wouldn't give the name) mentioned to him this past weekend that the Drew situation was up in the air and McNair's name was being considered? He started to go into details, but then said he couldn't at this time. Anyone hear anything about this?

i heard it too. On the same show. But i really wanna see what JP has. As bad as Drew plays and takes hits. He's a tough guy. Steve McNair is always hurt. Some say its toughness, cause he plays hurt a lot. But come on it's also being very fragile. McNair won't come to Buffalo as a backup. I rather keep Drew if he accepts back up role, as he's a good guy. He can scramble but i wanna see what the rookie has

The Natrix
02-07-2005, 11:25 PM
A McNair - Losman camp battle would be nice. Although I doubt it would happen, even though it makes sense for both teams. Both McNair and Bledsoe are probably not going to be very happy with an open competition on their current teams so this trade could be the swift kick they both need. The Bills and Titans would be sending a message to both, saying you shouldn't be sure that you're starting QBs.

The Natrix
02-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Only really high people.

Because he is always hurt. They may want a dependable backup and Drew could be that.

DaBills
02-07-2005, 11:35 PM
Only really high people.

I didn't hear the whole thing, that's - why - I - was - asking.

:dance:

clumping platelets
02-08-2005, 12:57 AM
:dizzy:

The Natrix
02-08-2005, 01:04 AM
order!

Iehoshua
02-08-2005, 01:25 AM
McNair for Bledsoe? WTH? Let's trade Mario Haggan for LaVar Arrington while we're at it.

The Natrix
02-08-2005, 01:32 AM
order!

DanS
02-08-2005, 05:03 AM
How about Lindell for Vinetieri?

Jan Reimers
02-08-2005, 07:10 AM
Do any of you really think that McNair has anything left at this point in his career? That he is so much better than Drew that the Titans would be crazy to make the trade? You'd be excited to have a has been like McNair on the Bills?

My God, Drew Haters, you've gotta get a grip on reality.

Historian
02-08-2005, 07:13 AM
Trade Bledsoe back to New England for Brady.

Why not go for the gold?

:dance:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Anybody who does not think that McNair is a better QB right now than either Drew or JP is clueless. How could a real fan not be excited at this possibility?

I can't imagine this deal going down, but maybe the Titans might want both Bledsoe and Reed?

McNair is not the long term answer here, but I would love to have him for two years...the guy is not ancient yet...and I think he has good football left in him.
He had a rating of over 100 in 2003! Last year he was out for half the season and

He is a bit fragile...and that might scare me behind our current o-line....but give me McNair right now....no question.

Historian
02-08-2005, 07:52 AM
I've got a better one:

Eb, Clump and the rights to WYS for a future ADMIN to be named later.

:D

DaBills
02-08-2005, 07:57 AM
I've got a better one:

Eb, Clump and the rights to WYS for a future ADMIN to be named later.

:D

I'll take a later-round Rude American to round things out.

TedMock
02-08-2005, 08:35 AM
I also heard that McNair was cosidering retirement. I don't know how true that is either, but he's been injured so often lately that it wouldn't shock me. Plus, the Titans are high on Volek.

Novacane
02-08-2005, 08:42 AM
Do any of you really think that McNair has anything left at this point in his career? That he is so much better than Drew that the Titans would be crazy to make the trade? You'd be excited to have a has been like McNair on the Bills?

My God, Drew Haters, you've gotta get a grip on reality.

So Dozers a Drew hater now?

trapezeus
02-08-2005, 08:44 AM
i'm threw with getting a guy who hasn't won the big one coming to buffalo. I believe mcnair has two years in him, but he won't be the Co-MVP QB with a new offensive system.

The bigger the risk, the bigger the reward. We took JP in the first round, he has to have some talent. There is a huge risk that he won't be amazing next year, but the kid has to get out there sooner or later or we'll always have this conversation.

Patrick76777
02-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Yeah, if this is serious, I'd take this trade in about 2 seconds.

We have a great D
Great ST's
A Great RB
very good WR's
and a QB who can't get it done.

And a McNair to this list and life would be grand!

Gunzlingr
02-08-2005, 09:07 AM
I say we do a straight up deal. Manning & Harrison for Bledsoe & Reed. Then trade Henry for Ladanian Tomlinson and a couple of O lineman.

Iehoshua
02-08-2005, 09:19 AM
I say we do a straight up deal. Manning & Harrison for Bledsoe & Reed. Then trade Henry for Ladanian Tomlinson and a couple of O lineman.
I don't think Indy will take Reed. We'd have to offer a more highly touted receiver such as Drew Haddad.

Patrick76777
02-08-2005, 09:20 AM
The only reason I see some validity to it is because, I think the Titans are about a Trillion dollars over the cap and they’re looking to go to Volek.

Ed
02-08-2005, 11:46 AM
If the Titans feel good about going with Volek and they know McNair won't accept a back-up role, it's not a totally ridiculous scenario. I'm not sure what McNair's contract situation or cap # is, but I don't see how trading for Drew would save money unless the money he's due is mostly bonuses that would have to be paid by the Bills.

I don't know how I'd feel about the move. I know McNair was a co-MVP, but a lot can change in a couple years and the Titans certainly know him better then anyone else. I doubt they'd be willing to trade him for Drew if they thought he had any chance of being better then Volek let alone an MVP again.

I think I'd rather just take my chances with Losman.

Jeff1220
02-08-2005, 12:12 PM
This sounds more like a possibility for a 3-way trade. I don't see the Bills bringing a guy in who is a year removed from MVP to be a back-up. I just don't see them keeping JP on the bench much longer, so bringing McNair here would be silly. I could see something like Bledsoe&Reed to Tenn., McNair to Az, and Shelton & a Pick to Buffalo. I'm not really a trade expert by any means, so this is just an example. Any other possible 3-way trade scenarios w/Tenn. and McNair?

Mr. Cynical
02-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Drew for McNair straight up? In a New York minute I'd make that trade. But it isn't going to happen.