X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

2005 Draft

I'd like to hear what Ingtar's take is ...

The Indianapolis scouting combines and the plethora of on-campus workouts are still to come, however, the 2005 draft class is starting to come into focus...sort of. And 'sort of' are the operative words as there is still much sorting out to do before April 23rd. Indeed, with just a tad over 70 days to go before the first pick is made at this year's draft, there is no clear consensus as to who the #1 overall prospect is; in fact, there's a barely a clearcut top 10 at this point. What is becoming clearer, though, is that after last year's terrific draft, 2005 might be one of he thinner drafts in recent years. And the overall quality of the 2005 draft wasn't helped when a number of promising underclassmen, starting with Southern California junior QB Matt Leinart who had been expected to be the #1 player picked this year before surprisingly opting to return for his senior season
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

it is a good year for rbs and olineman, imho. not a good year for wrs and qbs.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• dannyek71
      Drink Responsibly
      • Dec 2004

draft a wr with #2, OL the rest of the way pretty much
      [

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

a wr? why?

moulds and evans are the starters.. and aiken and reed can fight out number3.. freddie smith will be number 4 or 5.. why would we use a 2nd rounder on a wr?
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• dannyek71
          Drink Responsibly
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
          a wr? why?

moulds and evans are the starters.. and aiken and reed can fight out number3.. freddie smith will be number 4 or 5.. why would we use a 2nd rounder on a wr?
          Moulds will be here for how long?

EM is very likely gone after this next season, and if we draft a good WR in the 2nd (Im not saying we take a wr regardless of who is around no matter what) then we can have a great offensive corps (new wr, LE, WM and hopefully JP) for many years to come....
          [

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by dannyek71
            Moulds will be here for how long?

EM is very likely gone after this next season, and if we draft a good WR in the 2nd (Im not saying we take a wr regardless of who is around no matter what) then we can have a great offensive corps (new wr, LE, WM and hopefully JP) for many years to come....
            The sad part is, neither Reed nor Aiken appear to be panning out at the 3rd WR position. Freddie wasn't bad, but one good hit and he's out on IR for the year. We do need another good WR to complement Moulds and Evans. I'm still hoping that Vincent Jackson gets his act together and that we are able to grab him. A 6'6" WR would be a fantastic pickup - as long as he's not like Reed and can hold onto the ball.

We also have to hope Campbell and Euhus are able to come back at top form. I'd like them to use J. Peters at TE also, but they seem more intent on using him as an O-lineman. If he produces well there, then fine with me.

And as for the rest, drafted O-linemen usually don't produce that quickly (look at D. McFarland). I think we need to rely on FA if we want someone to come in and start. And if that is the case, then we can draft Jason Brown as Center. He probably would not be able to start, but could become a powerhouse if he's developed well in the next few years...

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

Man I hate this crap, nothing pisses me off more than this. I posted about two months ago that this draft is deep at tackle and the Bills should be able to select a player in the second round that is in need and can possibly start. I get a response on what a joke my post was. Man I can't stand some of the arrogant asses on this board sometimes.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

Woops, sorry, I saw the Calvin and I thought it was somebody else.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I think the deepest position in the draft may be DB, specifically CB. I have heard that the OT position is not particularly deep. I'm not sure. I don't think there is a super blue chip like Robert Gallery in the draft, but there are some guys who can play in the NFL. I'd guess there are maybe half a dozen tackles who can start early in their NFL careers.I think there are quite a few serviceable interior guys on the O-line.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    I think the deepest position in the draft may be DB, specifically CB. I have heard that the OT position is not particularly deep. I'm not sure. I don't think there is a super blue chip like Robert Gallery in the draft, but there are some guys who can play in the NFL. I'd guess there are maybe half a dozen tackles who can start early in their NFL careers.I think there are quite a few serviceable interior guys on the O-line.
                    Sorry man, this looks deep to me:

Alex Barron (Florida State)
                    Jammal Brown (Oklahoma)
                    Adam Terry (Syracuse)
                    Chris Colmer (NC State)
                    Wesley Britt (Alabama)
                    Michael Munoz (Tennessee)
                    Logan Mankins (Fresno State)
                    Ray Willis (Florida State)
                    Khalif Barnes (Washington)
                    Rob Petitti (Pittsburgh)

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                      Woops, sorry, I saw the Calvin and I thought it was somebody else.
                      wow.. you need to smoke a joint...

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dannyek71
                        draft a wr with #2, OL the rest of the way pretty much

screw that!!!!!we've wasted enough draft picks on WRs.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                          Man I hate this crap, nothing pisses me off more than this. I posted about two months ago that this draft is deep at tackle and the Bills should be able to select a player in the second round that is in need and can possibly start. I get a response on what a joke my post was. Man I can't stand some of the arrogant asses on this board sometimes.
                          What a joke this post is.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                            screw that!!!!!we've wasted enough draft picks on WRs.
                            Lee Evans wasn't a waste. And who have we gotten for WR outside the draft that's worth anything? Drew Haddad? He'll never be more than a backup...If we want Losman to succeed, we need to give him weapons. We have 2 good WRs and 1 good RB. It wouldn't hurt to have another WR to make it 3. If Campbell and Euhus come back fine, that is 2 good TEs to add to the mix.

I'm not saying ignore the O-line. I know it needs work. But b'cse the draft is top heavy on o-linemen, I'd be willing to wait to the 3rd rd before we address it. Or better yet, address it in FA before the draft. We still have a hand to deal with TH and we might as well get something from him since he will otherwise be gone next year.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                              What a joke this post is.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘