PDA

View Full Version : Reports: McNabb Sick During Crucial Part Of Super Bowl

OpIv37
02-08-2005, 02:38 PM
http://www.nbc10.com/sports/4176702/detail.html

I don't know if this is true or simply post-loss excuses, but it seems to me McNabb should have taken himself out of the game or the coaches should have pulled him. Granted, the team and fans are counting on him in the final moments of the game, but IMO a healthy backup is better than a sick AND injured McNabb.

Would it have changed the outcome? I highly doubt it.

Ebenezer
02-08-2005, 02:40 PM

I don't know if this is true or simply post-loss excuses, but it seems to me McNabb should have taken himself out of the game or the coaches should have pulled him. Granted, the team and fans are counting on him in the final moments of the game, but IMO a healthy backup is better than a sick AND injured McNabb.

Would it have changed the outcome? I highly doubt it.
Brady was sick against Pittsburgh...nobody knew and NE still won....these are excuses.

GOBILLSGO!!!
02-08-2005, 02:40 PM
yeah, I felt pretty sick too when the Bills were losing in those SBs

Jeff1220
02-08-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm a big McNabb fan, and would love to think that there's some excuse for his play, but he seemed alright in a post game interview, and didn't even seem the least bit bothered by the loss.

juice
02-08-2005, 02:52 PM

Would it have changed the outcome? I highly doubt it.I think you roll with McNabb at the end.. I didn't u completely nderstand that article-was McNabb throwing up at the end of the game from the hit he took before the half.

Either he had a concussion or he didn't, if not, he should play- and he should've run the ball more in the second half instead of trying to force throws.

After they got the lead they should've tried to Hit T.O. deep or the other speedster or Donovan should've pulled the ball down and picked up the first down or at least positive yards.. Sacks and Picks tend to result in loses.

It was like the staff wanted to prove that they could outcoach the best Staff and Defense in the League over the past 2 years.

Pride
02-08-2005, 02:58 PM
My guess is that this is **** from Mitchell... since he had to call the play... I be he leaked it, as a way of making excuses for the team. I doubt that McNabb had anything to do with this leaking to the press.

juice
02-08-2005, 03:05 PM
My guess is that this is **** from Mitchell... since he had to call the play... I be he leaked it, as a way of making excuses for the team. I doubt that McNabb had anything to do with this leaking to the press.The Article says Multiple Reports, but this does sond alot like a Fast Freddie leak.

I wish they would leak why a hit that he took in the first half was effecting McNabb in the final seconds.

I can say that Donovan didn't seem himself in that final few minutes, but that final Int. was more the fault of the reciever than it was McNabb's.. If the ball hits his hands he should catch it.

A healthy T.O. would have gotten open as the initial 1st option but he was blanketed with double coverage, and BB wasn't going to let T.O. beat him in the final few minutes.

OpIv37
02-08-2005, 03:19 PM
I think you roll with McNabb at the end..

no one wants to have to pull their starter in the final seconds of a close game, especially not the SB. But you have to go with the guy that's going to give you the best shot to win. If McNabb was so sick that he couldn't call plays, he's no longer the best shot to win.

I agree that the article was confusing. It didn't say if he had an illness or if the sickness was a result of the injury. But if it was a result of the injury, the coaches and trainers knew about it at halftime- they should have been monitoring him better.

BAM
02-08-2005, 03:26 PM
:yap:

Devin
02-08-2005, 04:05 PM
there is a reason these guys get paid millions of dollars. suck it up.

juice
02-08-2005, 05:08 PM
there is a reason these guys get paid millions of dollars. suck it up.I agree with the Millions to suck it up, but McNabb has shown in that he is willing to take one for the team- I dont think a guy who played on a broken ankle would pull a Fake Move unless something was wrong.

My question is why wasn't he reported as suffering from the Flu.. that minor detail might have cost the Eagles the SB Victory.

The Natrix
02-08-2005, 05:09 PM
McNabb was satisfied with just getting there.

jamze132
02-08-2005, 05:18 PM
I don't know if he was sick or just had a case of the "Drews". He looked just like Drew at certain points.

Iehoshua
02-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Is Donovan related in any way to Tom Gordon?
:chuckle:

The_Philster
02-08-2005, 05:44 PM
My guess is that this is **** from Mitchell... since he had to call the play... I be he leaked it, as a way of making excuses for the team. I doubt that McNabb had anything to do with this leaking to the press.

It was Center Hank Fraley

The_Philster
02-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Donovan McNabb has no apologies for his Super Bowl performance. He won’t allow his teammates to make excuses, either.

The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback set everyone straight after his first practice for the Pro Bowl on Wednesday. McNabb said he wasn’t ill during the fourth quarter of their loss to New England, as center Hank Fraley claimed earlier this week, and receiver Freddie Mitchell certainly didn’t call any plays for him....more (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6935492/)

Stand up guy....he could've just gone ahead and let everyone believe what Fraley reported...be a perfect excuse.

That drive will now go down in Super Bowl history as the dumbest coaching decision ever.

Typ0
02-09-2005, 07:05 PM
I wonder if the chicken wings in hawaii are any good.