PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought to pass the time

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-09-2005, 11:44 AM
I was thinking that we could post a team and everyone can give some input on team needs, free agents, what the team needs to get better, rumors, etc.

Would that be something that would draw some interest and also give some insight to folks here on other teams and the upcoming free agency and draft?

If not, it was just a thought.

Drive 4 Five
02-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Sounds great bro. Let's start with the Buffalo Bills! :scratch: :peace:

Iehoshua
02-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Sounds great bro. Let's start with the Buffalo Bills! :scratch: :peace:
I thought the rest of the board was for the Bills... This thread is for the other teams...

I can talk on the Deadskins and the Ratbirds since I live near DC and am forced to hear the bs about them 24/7.

Washington's needs:
O-line - starting Ramsey means more protection. They need upgrades
Receiver - word is they are shopping Rod Gardner.
Defensive Ends - need a better pass rush.
Rumor:
I heard a few weeks ago a rumored Arrington for Moss swap, since their D was solid with LaVar hurt and they'd like more offensive weapons. It's since been shot down by Gibbs but if Snyder wants him, look out.

Ravens -
Receivers - Arguably worst corps in the league. Boller hasn't exactly blown anyone's doors off but he needs another target besides Todd Heap.
Receivers - See above
Linebacker(?) - Ed Hartwell is a free agent and is said to want to test the market. If they continue to run the 3-4, they'll need a new one. Since their D coordinator Mike Nolan bolted for the Niner job, they've talked about going back to the 4-3.
Rumor:
Since their biggest need is receiver, they are high on the list for the Randy Moss suitors. So far their GM Ozzie Newsome has denied any discussions have taken place yet nor aware Moss is available.

The King
02-09-2005, 02:37 PM
Ill Contribute a team. Cleveland Browns.

Garcia...not the answer
A Team that has this solid of a recieving core needs a QB plain and simple. Sell the farm and get Brees with out a QB they will have another piss poor season.

PICK A RB.
Running back by commitee doesnt work, its counter productive you dont give your players time to get into a rythym. Green or Suggs pick one.

WR/TE
They have a solid group of WR's in Bryant, Northcutt and Davis...Heiden and Winslow are both solid TE's.

O-Line
Isnt terrible. But could use some bolstering in FA or maybe 2-3 round depending who is available.

D-Line
Kenard Lang, Brown and an overpaid Ekuban, is a great line but I think they have too much money tied up here.

LB's
Thompson is still young and is going to be a force. Davis, Taylor and Holdman make up a sick LB core when healthy.

DB's
Led By an aging Griffith this is the weakest spot on defense I think. Anthony Henry is promising as is Crocker, but they lack leadership.

Overall the Browns are a solid defensive team that lacks direction on offense. I think Crennel will lead the Browns to about 7 wins next year getting this D to play up to their potential.

Offseason Concerns:
FA: QB, QB, QB!, Elect a RB
Draft: I would look at what Safeties are available, and try to lock some depth up at the trech positions. Sell your 1-2 and get Drew Brees.

Ill do another team tommorow.

OpIv37
02-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Ravens -
Receivers - Arguably worst corps in the league. Boller hasn't exactly blown anyone's doors off but he needs another target besides Todd Heap.
Receivers - See above
Linebacker(?) - Ed Hartwell is a free agent and is said to want to test the market. If they continue to run the 3-4, they'll need a new one. Since their D coordinator Mike Nolan bolted for the Niner job, they've talked about going back to the 4-3.
Rumor:
Since their biggest need is receiver, they are high on the list for the Randy Moss suitors. So far their GM Ozzie Newsome has denied any discussions have taken place yet nor aware Moss is available.

Disagree- their biggest need is QB. It doesn't matter if Jesus Christ himself signs as their wideout as long as Boller is heaving footballs in his general direction. He's terrible and that team will never do anything as long as he's at the helm.

Iehoshua
02-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Disagree- their biggest need is QB. It doesn't matter if Jesus Christ himself signs as their wideout as long as Boller is heaving footballs in his general direction. He's terrible and that team will never do anything as long as he's at the helm.
The Ravens still have faith in him and I guarantee they aren't looking to replace him this offseason. Not saying I think he's good but I'd be shocked to see them bring in someone and declare an open competition or something...

EM Bills Fan 80
02-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Since the Eagles are my 2nd favorite team behind the Bills I'll take them.

UFA's
LB Keith Adams
QB Jeff Blake
RB Correll Buckhalter
DE Derrick Burgess
DE Hugh Douglas
RB Dorsey Levens
TE Chad Lewis
OG Jermane Mayberry
LB Ike Reese
FB Jon Ritchie
DT Corey Simon
LB Jeremiah Trotter

RFA's
RB Brian Westbrook
OL Ian Allen

Trotter without question will be back. He wants to stay in Philly this time around and the Eagles also want to keep him. Burgess and Keith Adams are pretty much on the fence, they won't "break the bank" so to speak to keep them around, but if the price is right both will certainly be back. Although Burgess isn't that big a factor because of McDougal and Simoneau may be caught in favor of brining back Adams. Blake, Douglas and Levens prolly won't be broughten back unless it's for the league minimum and even than it's still a big toss-up. Mayberry isn't a HUGE concern because they have Shawn Andrews their first round pick from last season coming back from injury to fill in if Mayberry leaves. The biggest question mark is Corey Simon. The Eagles would love to have him back. The big question is does he want to come back and how much is he looking to get. I see him leaving for a HUGE contract someplace else and another FA DT to be brought in(Pat Williams?). Ike Reese will most certianly come back. Jon Ritchie if fully healed from his injury will also be brought back. Buckhalter will be gone. Chad Lewis may be out of the fold with the emergence of LJ Smith and the Eagles ability to draft a TE. Westbrook will certainly be broughten back, but look for the Eagles to look for a RB in Free Agency(possibly Rudi Johnson).

As far as Free Agency goes the teams Needs are(depending on who re-signs):

RB, TE, DE, DT, LB, possibly WR if Freddie Mitchell is released

The Eagles reportedly have alot of room under the cap so may look to re-sign everyone currently on the roster and make one BIG addition on the offensive side of the ball.

Drive 4 Five
02-09-2005, 05:21 PM
The Ravens still have faith in him and I guarantee they aren't looking to replace him this offseason. Not saying I think he's good but I'd be shocked to see them bring in someone and declare an open competition or something...

Exactly. There is no way that you give up on Kyle Boller just yet. His receiver corp is absolutley the worst. This team would undoubtedly be much improved with a star caliber receiver. They do not appear to be lacking much else.

OpIv37
02-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Exactly. There is no way that you give up on Kyle Boller just yet. His receiver corp is absolutley the worst. This team would undoubtedly be much improved with a star caliber receiver. They do not appear to be lacking much else.

We approached this from different angles I think- You're right if you're talking about what they WILL do, I was thinking in terms of what they SHOULD do.

I really think they need a WR or 2 and a QB. They have a great O-line, RB and TE (granted he was injured most of the season) and their offense was still absolutely horrid. I doubt a WR alone would be enough to make them at least mildly effective.

OpIv37
02-09-2005, 08:36 PM
sorry my responses are backwards in the last post. I'm too sick to fix it, so do me a favor and just deal with it.