PDA

View Full Version : NFL to move Draft

The_Philster
02-09-2005, 06:32 PM
After years of conducting its nationally televised two-day college draft from Madison Square Garden's Paramount Theater, the NFL will move the event this year due to its ongoing dispute with the Dolan family, which owns MSG and has emerged as the most vocal opponent of a new stadium for the New York Jets on the west side of Manhattan.

Two league sources confirmed to SI.com that the draft will in all likelihood be held April 23-24 at the nearby Jacob Javits Convention Center, which is adjacent to the site on which the Jets hope to occupy the $1.4 billion West Side stadium starting in 2009....more (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/02/09/banks.snap.draft.site/index.html)

Novacane
02-09-2005, 07:52 PM
A 1.4 billion dollar stadium? Thats insane. I wonder how much of that are the Jets expecting the NYstate tax payers to pick up.

TigerJ
02-09-2005, 09:04 PM
I heard NYS's share of the bill would be $600 million. A lot of the cost is for the property itself. Manhattan is some of the most expensive real estate in the country. They could cut the cost in half by building in another burrough.

jpdex12
02-09-2005, 09:17 PM
I heard NYS's share of the bill would be $600 million. A lot of the cost is for the property itself. Manhattan is some of the most expensive real estate in the country. They could cut the cost in half by building in another burrough.
**** NYC!

Michael82
02-10-2005, 08:50 AM
And that dumbass Pataki is leading the charge for it. :mad:

$600 million for a stadium when our state is in a lot of debt and getting forced to close down some schools? That's BULL****! I'm totally against it. **** the Jets! If they want a stadium in NYC...they should pay for it themselves.

Novacane
02-10-2005, 08:57 AM
I hope NYC does not get the Olympics. Then they won't build the stadium. NYC will get all the benefits while we get to foot the bill. Is it possible for WNY to seceed?

DraftBoy
02-10-2005, 08:59 AM
And that dumbass Pataki is leading the charge for it. :mad:

$600 million for a stadium when our state is in a lot of debt and getting forced to close down some schools? That's BULL****! I'm totally against it. **** the Jets! If they want a stadium in NYC...they should pay for it themselves.

Quick question if it was the Bills that wanted the stadium would be so bent out of shape over it?

Novacane
02-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Quick question if it was the Bills that wanted the stadium would be so bent out of shape over it?

I would. It's time for taxpayers to say no more paying for stadiums.

Michael82
02-10-2005, 09:06 AM
The Bills know that they wouldn't be able to get $600 million from the state. Pataki never would have allowed it. But because it's a big NYC team like the Jets with NY in their name...of course they would be able to get it. I hope it all falls thru and they stay in NJ. **** the Jets!

Michael82
02-10-2005, 09:08 AM
I hope NYC does not get the Olympics. Then they won't build the stadium. NYC will get all the benefits while we get to foot the bill. Is it possible for WNY to seceed?
That's exactly what I'm hoping for. It would be a terrorists dream if the Olympics would be held there. The city would literally have to be shut down during the time that it was there and it would be a mess. I'm hoping for Olympics in Paris and that's who I think will get it.

OpIv37
02-10-2005, 09:09 AM

$1.2 billion is too much for a sports arena. It doesn't matter which team it is. Clearly there are better ways for the government to spend our tax dollars.

Michael82
02-10-2005, 09:09 AM
$1.2 billion is too much for a sports arena. It doesn't matter which team it is. Clearly there are better ways for the government to spend our tax dollars.
:clap:

The_Philster
02-10-2005, 05:28 PM

Besides, most of us have been quite happy with renovations to the current stadium :up: