PDA

View Full Version : Scouts, Inc.

McGee
02-10-2005, 05:07 AM
LINK (http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1986188) -- The Bills took care of one piece of business during the season – locking up DE Aaron Schobel – but the team still has two more big hurdles: OT Jonas Jennings and DT Pat Williams are unrestricted free agents whom the Bills can't afford to lose. Jennings will draw considerable interest if he hits the open market, and Williams has special value to the Bills because he forms such a potent run-stuffing tandem with DT Sam Adams in their scheme. Though most of Buffalo's other free agents are roster fodder, the team would like to bring back OT Marcus Price and TE Ryan Neufeld at a reasonable cost. CB Kevin Thomas, the only restricted free agent of note, will be tendered and could get a shot as a starter with Troy Vincent moving to safety.

Buffalo generally shows restraint in free agency, rarely overpays players and is mostly happy with its current roster. A few tough salary-cap decisions lie ahead in veterans Adams, QBDrew Bledsoe, OC Trey Teague and S Pierson Prioleau, but the Bills are unlikely to make wholesale changes and probably will try to keep this group together another year.

That leaves one big decision: What to do with RB Travis Henry? He wants out, and Willis McGahee clearly is the team's back of the future. Trading Henry and recouping a 2005 first-round pick would qualify as a happy ending. Whether through free agency or the draft, the team needs a pass-catching tight end, a range safety and a stud interior lineman.Bills 2005 UFAs & Grades: (http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa) DT Pat Williams - 81; OT Jonas Jennings - 76; TE Bradford Banta - 66; FS Izell Reese - 64; OT Marcus Price - 62; TE Ryan Neufeld - 60; QB Shane Matthews - 59; RB Joe Burns - N/A; WR Drew Haddad - N/A; OG Mike Pucillo - N/A; CB Kevin Thomas - N/A

McGee
02-10-2005, 05:16 AM
We all know we can use OL help; it's a good draft for that. I'd have to agree that another TE as insurance is needed; probably through the draft as well. I hope Jonas resigns, and I'm confident that Pat will. Marcus Price is a solid backup that I'd like to see back, as well as Kevin Thomas. The rest can go and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Although I am not all that worried about anyone except Pat Williams, I think we need to lock up Kevin Thomas in case we can't keep Clements next year, and I think both Marcus Price due to his versatility at backup and Brad Banta as our long snapper would be good bets to stay. At least Banta can play another position where Dorenbos was very one-dimensional.

McBFLO
02-10-2005, 09:20 AM
They aint gettin a 1st rounder for Henry, as much as I'd like to see that. I'm saying 2nd rounder at the very best, probably somewhere in the 3rd round.

justasportsfan
02-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Why haven't we franchised either Pucillo or Reese yet? :crazy:

alohabillsfan
02-10-2005, 11:29 AM
TD has a plan! He has built a very solid and still improving the #2 Defense in the league.

He is locking up Eric Moulds (CAP increase net 2 mil).

Next he will lock up Pat Williams.

I believe he will taget a vetern TE in FA, the health of ours is a concern.

I do not think we will retain JJ at left tackle, he does not really want to be in Buffalo (see his previous comments about Atlanta) plus he's nicked up alot.

TD will go after a LT/LG in FA (we will be able to shape our draft after march 15th or so).

I do not think TD is going to just release Drew, that would not fit his ego (admitting complete failure) he will find a dance partner for him and get a player or a pick for him)

Again I predict 2 new starters on the O-line, a new TE and another weapon at the WR spot.