PDA

View Full Version : The J.P. Losman era!

The Black Bear
02-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Who or what will J.P. Losman be with the Buffalo Bills? We all know he is supposed to have a cannon for an arm and he is very mobile. But who will he remind us of .......

1. John Elway: Elway was his favorite quarterback growing up. Same type of skills. Not sure about his arm being the caliber of Elway's but he looks to be even more mobile.

2. Steve Young: To the left. Arm that is. Speed comparison is closer to Young than to that of Elway. Might have a stronger arm than Young.

3. Rob Johnson: Same thing but different? Could be! Johnson was mobile and had a good arm but there was something missing as we all now know. He was also fragile.

Comparing J.P. Losman to hall of famers or a scab QB isn't fare but what does theblackbear care about fair? theblackbear believes that Losman will be somewhere in between Elway and Johnson. He'll probably start off the way that Jim Kelly did.

A hated man! Not hated by Bills fans but hated by everyone outside of Bills circles.

Remember the days of the dirty hits on Kelly? theblackbear does! Jim Kelly wasn't having it. He would roll around head butting defensive linmen on the ground. Nothing would slow him down. Not even a defensive player "GIVING HIM THE BUSINESS!"

J.P. Losman has the same type of attitude as Kelly.

theblackbear thinks that Losman threw an extra interception this year in a game just so that he could tackle somebody. That's just how theblackbear sees the kid. He is going to rub a lot of people the wrong way and take some serious hits because of it. Hell! He already rubbed Troy Vincent the wrong way. That's why he broke his leg. Accidentally. :crazy:

Will Bills players get behind him? theblackbear thinks so. As soon as Losman gets his flow on in some games and makes some fearless plays with his feet and/or arm players will learn to follow him the same way they eventually came to follow Jim Kelly. It may take a minute but it will happen.

The only concerns that theblackbear have are that Losman will not get injured or be too hard on himself for struggling early. It's clear to see that the kid does not like failing. Sam Wyche will have to stay in his ear and guide him along theway. If Wyche can do this Bills fans may finally have another quarterback that they can depend on when games are on the line.

A true winner!

"That can be you J.P. Losman!"

:peace:

Novacane
02-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Who knows how good he will be. All I know is he will be a breath of fresh air after the putrid QB play we have wathced the last 2 1/2 years. At least when JP makes a mistake there is hope he will get better which we did not have with the statue

The Natrix
02-10-2005, 11:13 AM
In Between Elway and R. Johnson, huh? Wow, don't go too far out on that limb!

It's really hard to say. I'm just going to stay positive as long as he shows flashes this year and does not do a lot of things to lose games himself. Power run game baby. He should only be throwing the ball 15-20 times a game, especially the first few games.

McBFLO
02-10-2005, 11:25 AM
In Between Elway and R. Johnson, huh? Wow, don't go too far out on that limb!

It's really hard to say. I'm just going to stay positive as long as he shows flashes this year and does not do a lot of things to lose games himself. Power run game baby. He should only be throwing the ball 15-20 times a game, especially the first few games.

I agree. I really don't see how the Bills could take a step back with him at QB. Drew's decision making has been comparable to a first time starting QB, so the difference comes with JP's mobility. A lot of the turnovers from Drew were caused by his inability to scramble when needed. JP has that ability. I agree, if he throws 15-20 times a game until he gets more comfortable, we should be fine. My (incredibly early) predicition? 10-6 with a wildcard playoff birth.