PDA

View Full Version : NFL Live discussion on Bledsoe

Bill Brasky
02-10-2005, 03:55 PM
All three (Wingo, Golic, Schlereth) said that it's "imperative" the Bills keep DB, hinting that it's a bad idea to drop him.

Key points that they touched on:

1-Played better last half of season
2-Emergence of Lee Evans and McGahee helped
3-Losman is not ready to step in as a starter, yet.

I'm sure many of you will disagree.

finsrclowns
02-10-2005, 04:02 PM

:scratch:

The King
02-10-2005, 04:02 PM
I AGREE!! Bring on the Amigos.

finsrclowns
02-10-2005, 04:04 PM
I AGREE!! Bring on the Amigos.

:scared:

ScottLawrence
02-10-2005, 04:09 PM
All three (Wingo, Golic, Schlereth) said that it's "imperative" the Bills keep DB, hinting that it's a bad idea to drop him.

Im guessing they didn't go into detail on it, but I am not suprised they didn't mention his disgusting play against the stronger teams of the league.

Which is exactly why he should be gone.

How would they know if Losman is ready or not?......He is a first round pick, and sat on the bench for a year, HE SHOULD BE READY.

Tatonka
02-10-2005, 04:10 PM
all three must be total freaking morons then.. that is really all i can figure..

:idunno:

buffalofan19
02-10-2005, 04:11 PM
I agree with this assessment because if the Bills cut Bledsoe it will be almost impossible to pick up a decent backup. Guys like Kitna, Warner, Maddox (though I don't think he's decent), Holcomb, and Garcia are not going to be interested in Buffalo. They all currently have had their jobs taken from them, for one reason or another, by inxperienced QB's. Why would they come to Buffalo to be in the exact situation, unless they got a ridiculously high contract?

If Bledsoe is cut, it means that the Bills are almost definitely giving the starting job to Losman, making Buffalo an unattractive place for a good FA QB. The only guys the Bills may be able to land are guys begging for jobs such as Kordell Stewart, Jeff Blake, or Gus Frerotte. If that happens, one can only hope that Losman stays healthy.

ScottLawrence
02-10-2005, 04:11 PM
all three must be total freaking morons then.. that is really all i can figure..

:idunno:

Also true.

The Natrix
02-10-2005, 04:14 PM
I really don't see any reason to keep him unless he takes a huge paycut and excepts a back up roll. Why delay Losman's development? The whole "Losman's not ready yet" arguement is stupid. If a QB is not ready in his second season, when will he be ready? What is it about watching a game on the sidelines that makes you a better QB? I know that my QB skills have not improved as a result of watching endless NFL games over the years. Sure, most likely his first season as a starter won't be as good as his second, third etc. But why keep delaying that important first season in which he learns? Do you really think the Bills can win the superbowl next season with Bledose? I'm not saying it can be won with Losman at the helm, but if it can't happen and never will with Bledsoe, what's the point of playing him? We have seen this team get to 4 superbowls in a row and lose, so the only successful season in my book is a superbowl winning one. Yes, the run in the regular season they strung together was nice, but for me it doesn't carry much lasting satisfaction during the offseason.

Michael82
02-10-2005, 04:21 PM

I agree with them. :couch:

The King
02-10-2005, 04:22 PM
I agree with them. :couch:

Get out from behind that couch wuss. Everyone knows your DLC be proud.:xtreme:

jamze132
02-10-2005, 04:35 PM
I hate to say it ut if Drew isn't holding the clipboard, we might have a setback. 2 things can happen if Drew's hands aren't glued to the clipbaord. 1. He could be starting.... instant death! 2. He's cut and JP has no one to go to after the series and get advice from. Drew would be very helpful to mentor JP.

dannyek71
02-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Even if we give JP 5 years to "develop" he is still going to take a year to take his bumps.

Cut Drew, bring in a low priced vet and let JP start halfway through the season

Bill Brasky
02-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Even if we give JP 5 years to "develop" he is still going to take a year to take his bumps.

Cut Drew, bring in a low priced vet and let JP start halfway through the season

If you're not gonna start JP til halfway through the season why not keep him then, given that he takes a paycut.

Novacane
02-10-2005, 05:25 PM

1. They obviously did not watch Bills games if they think Bledsoe improved the second half of the season

2. The emergence of Evans and McGahee will help Losman too.

3. How do they know Losman is not ready to step in?

There is a reason those three are working for ESPN and not in an NFL teams front office :crazy:

Bill Brasky
02-10-2005, 08:04 PM
There is a reason those three are working for ESPN and not in an NFL teams front office :crazy:

What are you talking about? They work for the same company that produces the best show ever -- TILT -- of course they know what they're talking about :snicker:

Iehoshua
02-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Get out from behind that couch wuss. Everyone knows your DLC be proud.:xtreme:
Mucho :posrep: to you, Bedard. At least you wear it proud and don't dance around your feelings. If you wanna keep Drew, while I personally believe that to be asinine, then stand by your belief. :up: At least the DLC has one honorable member!

Back to topic, from one perspective, it looks good to keep Drew, but I think keeping him does nothing but hinder us from moving forward. I am very in favor of moving on.

Michael82
02-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Mucho :posrep: to you, Bedard. At least you wear it proud and don't dance around your feelings. If you wanna keep Drew, while I personally believe that to be asinine, then stand by your belief. :up: At least the DLC has one honorable member!

Back to topic, from one perspective, it looks good to keep Drew, but I think keeping him does nothing but hinder us from moving forward. I am very in favor of moving on.
Hey I still have Drew in my avatar. :mad:

Iehoshua
02-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Hey I still have Drew in my avatar. :mad:
You've danced before.... but you still have your honor...
:posrep:

Canadian'eh!
02-10-2005, 08:35 PM
I am sure the geniouses of Bills zone are FAR smarter than all former players anf PROFESSIONALS...

OpIv37
02-10-2005, 08:43 PM
How would they know if Losman is ready or not?......He is a first round pick, and sat on the bench for a year, HE SHOULD BE READY.

How does sitting on the bench for a year make anyone ready?

Personally I'm so caught on this issue- I honestly think Drew will do better than Losman solely because Losman has zero experience, but at the same time Losman's never going to get any better riding the pine. And I also know that Drew doesn't come through in big games.

I'd love to see Drew take a pay cut and stay as a back up though. We need an insurance policy and, like bf19 said, if we had to replace him we'd be looking at 3rd tier QB's. For all Bledsoe's problems, I'd take him over Blake, Frerotte or Stewart any day.

Iehoshua
02-10-2005, 08:46 PM

Personally I'm so caught on this issue- I honestly think Drew will do better than Losman solely because Losman has zero experience, but at the same time Losman's never going to get any better riding the pine. And I also know that Drew doesn't come through in big games.

I'd love to see Drew take a pay cut and stay as a back up though. We need an insurance policy and, like bf19 said, if we had to replace him we'd be looking at 3rd tier QB's. For all Bledsoe's problems, I'd take him over Blake, Frerotte or Stewart any day.
Fair assessment... However the key to it is that we won't find out about Losman without playing him and its damn well clear Bledsoe isn't leading this team to anywhere but mediocrity.

The_Philster
02-10-2005, 09:03 PM
How does sitting on the bench for a year make anyone ready? technically, he only sat the bench for part of the year...he missed practice time due to an injury the first part :;

Novacane
02-10-2005, 09:05 PM
I am sure the geniouses of Bills zone are FAR smarter than all former players anf PROFESSIONALS...

:snooze: Drew is going bye bye..............deal with it :loser:

lordofgun
02-10-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm definitely smarter than Golic.

Iehoshua
02-10-2005, 09:07 PM
:snooze: Drew is going bye bye..............deal with it :loser:
Ol' Canadian'eh should be happy, perhaps Drew can get a starting job in the CFL!
:up:

lordofgun
02-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Canadians are wrong about everything, eh?

Novacane
02-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Ol' Canadian'eh should be happy, perhaps Drew can get a starting job in the CFL!
:up:

that would be his wet dream

Mr. Cynical
02-10-2005, 10:54 PM

I'm sure many of you will disagree.1- None of the teams we played the last half the season had winning records except Seattle and Pitt (who we lost to)

2 - What does this have to do with keeping Drew?

3- How do they know? He has all the camps and pre-season to get ready.

Those guys are morons.

alohabillsfan
02-11-2005, 12:09 AM
Look we do not need a qb to win the games we just need a qb that won't lose them! JP I am ready, I believe you are more than capable to be able to hand the ball to #21.

Bledsoes passer rating 76.6 in 2004 and for his pro career 76.7 what we saw is what we get!

as far as DB getting better in the second half his passer rating was 73 over the last 8 games so really his play declined and we won despite his efforts!

DaBills
02-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Again, if nothing changes offensively, and we know our schedule will be even harder, then how in the world will he improve? Why are the Bills the only team in the league that seem to go out of their way to keep starting a QB every game that showed erratic play AT BEST?

So we start DB for a 4th year (his 13th year!) while JP sits for another??? I say why can't the rook start?

I don't care how much Evans and WM 'emerge.' At the rate Drew is regressing, they'll have to freakin' emerge into Jerry Rice and Barry Sanders respectively just to overcome Drew's ineptness. A win-now attitude seems to have taken over here. There are so many components of the team that ARE firing on many cylinders that it's easy to say, don't change QB's mid-stream, 'cuz we're so close. I get that.

But right now, Drew's the reason we're not 'closer.' Don't be blinded by wanting to 'win now' so badly you ignore his actual performance on the field. I'm sick of watching this team try to salvage another QB's career, when what we should have is a QB that rises this team up and improves them on his own merits.

Losing to Pitt's 2nd string. Un****ing believable.

justasportsfan
02-11-2005, 03:16 AM
I am sure the geniouses of Bills zone are FAR smarter than all former players anf PROFESSIONALS...these guys probably didn't watch any of the games and just saw the win streak. What game did Drew get better at the second half of the season and what good team did he play well against? Oh wait, he did play well against the 9'ers and fins. I think they both draft 1 and 2 this year. Yeah, those guys sure know what they are talking about. :rolleyes:

The_Philster
02-11-2005, 05:02 AM
1- None of the teams we played the last half the season had winning records except Seattle and Pitt (who we lost to)They said he played better...bringing up the record of an opponent has nothing to do with how a QB played

Big M
02-11-2005, 06:03 AM
I'm sure those guys watch every single minute of every Bills game, like we do.

I'm not impressed with their opinion at all, regardless of their stature as former NFL players. They don't watch this team and have a pulse on what's going on around OBD.
If you BLEDwetters wish to worship DB, that's your deal. He failed against every quality defense he played agains the last 2 years and folded like a cheap tent against the backup Steeler defense, which was a playoff game for us. No excuse.

Time to turn the page. It's about the Buffalo Bills taking the next step, which is making the playoffs and then beating good teams to advance. It's not about preserving the legacy of Bledsoe. :bow: Belechick moved him for a reason. He's not good anymore.

The King
02-11-2005, 07:26 AM
these guys probably didn't watch any of the games and just saw the win streak. What game did Drew get better at the second half of the season and what good team did he play well against? Oh wait, he did play well against the 9'ers and fins. I think they both draft 1 and 2 this year. Yeah, those guys sure know what they are talking about. :rolleyes:

Miami's defense is really tough. Especially their pass defense. You cant take that away from them.

Another thing most amigos forget to mention is how Bledsoe was gonna choke so hard against the Asscats (Bungles). Bledsoe quietly played well in that game. It was a HUGE game then but looking back at it now it wasnt a big game..... what gives?

Typ0
02-11-2005, 08:11 AM

Let's see:

1-Good opponents first half of season, Drew sucks. Bottom of the barrel second half of the season and drew pads his stats. Duh!
2-See above.
3-how the hell do they know where he will be in July?

The_Philster
02-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Let's see:

1-Good opponents first half of season, Drew sucks. Bottom of the barrel second half of the season and drew pads his stats. Duh!
See the 33rd post in this thread for the rebuttal to this lame argument

helmetguy
02-11-2005, 05:25 PM
I just wonder if this "WE won, HE lost" mentality will exist when Losman takes the helm. From the bazillion threads on the same stale topic, one would get the idea that the BILLS were 9-0 in 2004. The Buffalo Bledsoes (that OTHER Buffalo NFL franchise) went 0-7.

"Picture yourself on a journey; a journey of sight and sound but without mind. At the signpost ahead, you will be entering....the Amigozone."

(cue eerie music)

Mr. Cynical
02-11-2005, 05:55 PM
They said he played better...bringing up the record of an opponent has nothing to do with how a QB played
:huh:

So you are saying that playing bad teams won't help you play better?

The_Philster
02-11-2005, 06:20 PM
:huh:

So you are saying that playing bad teams won't help you play better?

It's more complicated than a team's win-loss record. A better way of making an argument is talking about how the opposing defense matches up against our offense. If it's a case where Drew performs terribly against solid pass defenses and well against porous secondaries, then fine. But win-loss record means nothing on the field of play.

Drive 4 Five
02-11-2005, 11:31 PM
I really don't see any reason to keep him unless he takes a huge paycut and excepts a back up roll. Why delay Losman's development? The whole "Losman's not ready yet" arguement is stupid. If a QB is not ready in his second season, when will he be ready? What is it about watching a game on the sidelines that makes you a better QB? I know that my QB skills have not improved as a result of watching endless NFL games over the years. Sure, most likely his first season as a starter won't be as good as his second, third etc. But why keep delaying that important first season in which he learns? Do you really think the Bills can win the superbowl next season with Bledose? I'm not saying it can be won with Losman at the helm, but if it can't happen and never will with Bledsoe, what's the point of playing him? We have seen this team get to 4 superbowls in a row and lose, so the only successful season in my book is a superbowl winning one. Yes, the run in the regular season they strung together was nice, but for me it doesn't carry much lasting satisfaction during the offseason.

True that man. By far, the smartest post this year. That should garner you votes for the best damn poster peiod as far as I am concerned. I hope the rest of yous are paying attention.

Drive 4 Five
02-11-2005, 11:37 PM

Yeah but did anyone think a sixth round draft pick and much less physically gifted Tom Brady could have led his team to the promised land as a rookie? If you think that Drew can outplay Losman right now then you must also believe that we gaffed drafting Losman in the first round. How in the world could Losman play any worse than Bledsoe? Give me break. He sucks man. We are going nowhere with this guy. Nowhere. What the hell did we draft Losman for then? Blesoe is so out.

Mr. Cynical
02-13-2005, 12:35 AM
It's more complicated than a team's win-loss record. A better way of making an argument is talking about how the opposing defense matches up against our offense. If it's a case where Drew performs terribly against solid pass defenses and well against porous secondaries, then fine. But win-loss record means nothing on the field of play.I agree it is complicated, but I disagree that the W/L records means nothing on the field of play. There's a reason teams lose, and many factors play into it.

However, if you want to look at the D of the opposing teams in the last half of the season where these "experts" say he played better:

Rams: 17th (L)
Seattle: 26th (W)
Fins: 8th (W)
Browns: 16th (W)
Bengals: 19th (W)
49ers: 24th (W)
Steelers: 1st (L)

Outside of the Fins game (where we all agreed he played well), he beat defenses in the bottom half of the league. And he threw 3 picks vs. Seattle where we got lucky Seattle didn't capitalize. So I still stand by the reason he played better was due to the inferior competition.

The_Philster
02-13-2005, 03:38 AM
Is that their overall defensive ranking or pass defense?