• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

NFL Live discussion on Bledsoe

All three (Wingo, Golic, Schlereth) said that it's "imperative" the Bills keep DB, hinting that it's a bad idea to drop him.

Key points that they touched on:

1-Played better last half of season
    2-Emergence of Lee Evans and McGahee helped
    3-Losman is not ready to step in as a starter, yet.

I'm sure many of you will disagree.
  • finsrclowns
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jfreeman
    finsrclowns

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I AGREE!! Bring on the Amigos.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• finsrclowns
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
        I AGREE!! Bring on the Amigos.
        finsrclowns

Comment

• ScottLawrence
          • Jan 2004

All three (Wingo, Golic, Schlereth) said that it's "imperative" the Bills keep DB, hinting that it's a bad idea to drop him.

Im guessing they didn't go into detail on it, but I am not suprised they didn't mention his disgusting play against the stronger teams of the league.

Which is exactly why he should be gone.

How would they know if Losman is ready or not?......He is a first round pick, and sat on the bench for a year, HE SHOULD BE READY.
          You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

all three must be total freaking morons then.. that is really all i can figure..

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• buffalofan19
              God's gift to the Zone
              • Dec 2004

I agree with this assessment because if the Bills cut Bledsoe it will be almost impossible to pick up a decent backup. Guys like Kitna, Warner, Maddox (though I don't think he's decent), Holcomb, and Garcia are not going to be interested in Buffalo. They all currently have had their jobs taken from them, for one reason or another, by inxperienced QB's. Why would they come to Buffalo to be in the exact situation, unless they got a ridiculously high contract?

If Bledsoe is cut, it means that the Bills are almost definitely giving the starting job to Losman, making Buffalo an unattractive place for a good FA QB. The only guys the Bills may be able to land are guys begging for jobs such as Kordell Stewart, Jeff Blake, or Gus Frerotte. If that happens, one can only hope that Losman stays healthy.
              Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
              Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
              Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
              Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
              Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
              Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
              Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
              Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
              Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
              Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                all three must be total freaking morons then.. that is really all i can figure..

Also true.
                You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• The Natrix
                  • Jul 2002

I really don't see any reason to keep him unless he takes a huge paycut and excepts a back up roll. Why delay Losman's development? The whole "Losman's not ready yet" arguement is stupid. If a QB is not ready in his second season, when will he be ready? What is it about watching a game on the sidelines that makes you a better QB? I know that my QB skills have not improved as a result of watching endless NFL games over the years. Sure, most likely his first season as a starter won't be as good as his second, third etc. But why keep delaying that important first season in which he learns? Do you really think the Bills can win the superbowl next season with Bledose? I'm not saying it can be won with Losman at the helm, but if it can't happen and never will with Bledsoe, what's the point of playing him? We have seen this team get to 4 superbowls in a row and lose, so the only successful season in my book is a superbowl winning one. Yes, the run in the regular season they strung together was nice, but for me it doesn't carry much lasting satisfaction during the offseason.

Byrd.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

I agree with them.

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      I agree with them.
                      Get out from behind that couch wuss. Everyone knows your DLC be proud.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

I hate to say it ut if Drew isn't holding the clipboard, we might have a setback. 2 things can happen if Drew's hands aren't glued to the clipbaord. 1. He could be starting.... instant death! 2. He's cut and JP has no one to go to after the series and get advice from. Drew would be very helpful to mentor JP.

Comment

• dannyek71
                          Drink Responsibly
                          • Dec 2004

Even if we give JP 5 years to "develop" he is still going to take a year to take his bumps.

Cut Drew, bring in a low priced vet and let JP start halfway through the season
                          [

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dannyek71
                            Even if we give JP 5 years to "develop" he is still going to take a year to take his bumps.

Cut Drew, bring in a low priced vet and let JP start halfway through the season
                            If you're not gonna start JP til halfway through the season why not keep him then, given that he takes a paycut.

Comment

• regor
                              • Jul 2002

1. They obviously did not watch Bills games if they think Bledsoe improved the second half of the season

2. The emergence of Evans and McGahee will help Losman too.

3. How do they know Losman is not ready to step in?

There is a reason those three are working for ESPN and not in an NFL teams front office

Comment

Working...
                              X