So, how much $$ will be saved by cutting Bledsoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

So, how much $$ will be saved by cutting Bledsoe?

What's the figure? Also, what should the money saved be used for. I'd have to say OL help or Nate's extension.

Byrd.
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Eb posted it in another thread. IMO he should be cut tomorrow and let the chips fall where they may. Time to move on. (actually it was time to move on after the '03 season but anyway)

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
      Eb posted it in another thread. IMO he should be cut tomorrow and let the chips fall where they may. Time to move on. (actually it was time to move on after the '03 season but anyway)
      twice actually...and at this hour, I am not searching for it.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Natrix
        • Jul 2002

I'll just wait till someone else finds it.

Byrd.

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
          Exhausted of Losing
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          twice actually...and at this hour, I am not searching for it.
          You should put it in your signature

Comment

• clumping platelets

Lemme see......

Try This

read cap savings before June 1st column

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
              • Aug 2004

thanks
              http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

According to your chart, the dead cap for Drew if he is cut before 6/1 is $4,333,332, and if he is cut after 6/1 it's $3,216,666.

Why would we expect anything to be happening before June?

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                  According to your chart, the dead cap for Drew if he is cut before 6/1 is $4,333,332, and if he is cut after 6/1 it's $3,216,666.

Why would we expect anything to be happening before June?

If he's cut before June 1st, it's most likely that it will happen before his roster bonus is due on March 2nd. It will also put all remaining dead cap on 2005 and Bledsoe will not count on 2006 cap. If he's released after June 1st, without re-working his deal, the $1.05 million roster is paid and becomes part of his dead cap in 2005 ($2,166,666 + $1,050,000 = $3,216,666) BUT, he will still count $2,166,666 on 2006.

If the Bills are gonna part ways, do it before the roster bonus is paid.....and move on.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                    If he's cut before June 1st, it's most likely that it will happen before his roster bonus is due on March 2nd. It will also put all remaining dead cap on 2005 and Bledsoe will not count on 2006 cap. If he's released after June 1st, without re-working his deal, the $1.05 million roster is paid and becomes part of his dead cap in 2005 ($2,166,666 + $1,050,000 = $3,216,666) BUT, he will still count $2,166,666 on 2006.

If the Bills are gonna part ways, do it before the roster bonus is paid.....and move on.
                    OK. Thanks. I'm trying to figure this stuff out rationally, not emotionally like the amigos.

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

So we probaby won't have to wait until June 1?

I LUV CLUMP.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                        OK. Thanks. I'm trying to figure this stuff out rationally, not emotionally like the amigos.
                        Actually, economics plays more of a role for me...he's not worth it unless he is the starter....he can come back for less in the back up role

Originally posted by lordofgun
                        So we probaby won't have to wait until June 1?
                        I bet we'll know by 2/25...the Bills won't wait til 3/1 if they want to make a FA splash

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                          • May 2004

Absolutely....by 2/25 at the latest we will know what is gonna happen for sure..

either Drew will be cut which means JP is the man (unless they have some other wild plan for someone like McNair or ???)

If Drew is not cut, I think they will rest their hopes on him for one more year...I don't think we keep him here if he is not going to be the starter...just too much temptation lying in wait when JP struggles.
                          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                            Absolutely....by 2/25 at the latest we will know what is gonna happen for sure..

either Drew will be cut which means JP is the man (unless they have some other wild plan for someone like McNair or ???)

If Drew is not cut, I think they will rest their hopes on him for one more year...I don't think we keep him here if he is not going to be the starter...just too much temptation lying in wait when JP struggles.
                            I cannot see DB being cut unless he absolutely wants to be the starter and refuses anything else.

Comment

• regor
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              I cannot see DB being cut unless he absolutely wants to be the starter and refuses anything else.

The last we heard from him was "No, it's my team"

Comment

Working...
                              X