PDA

View Full Version : Lamont Jordan a Raider??

ryjam282
02-11-2005, 10:49 AM
-- Raiders Set to Target Jordan --
Thu Feb 10, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The San Francisco Chronicle reports the Raiders desperately need an every-down running back, a pass-rushing defensive end or tackle and a run-stopping linebacker. Should free-agent-to-be WR Jerry Porter reject the Raiders' contract extension, the team is expected to make a "strong offer" for soon-to-be free-agent RB LaMont Jordan of the New York Jets, NFL sources said. Jordan was a versatile runner, receiver and return man for the Jets last season, with 93 carries for 479 yards playing behind NFL rushing leader RB Curtis Martin.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Whether Henry likes it or not I see him as a Bill next season.

Section 130 Row 26
02-11-2005, 11:34 AM
I agree...There are too many other good backs available, not even taking into account the strong draft class of them as well....If he stays and holds out, it will only hurt him in the long run (lose out on $) and plus he'll be two years removed from a 1300 yard starting season...

His best bet is to just play whatever role he has on this team next year, and go into free agency in 2006.

JG

Iehoshua
02-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Whether Henry likes it or not I see him as a Bill next season.
I agree... If we can't get enough for him this year, why not keep him? It would be stupid to trade him and get nothing in return. He really can't hold out since that would further damage his own worth, IMO. It would be a great 1-2 punch as well. I have no qualms about him staying. What better insurance policy on Willis?

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Add that to the fact that McGahee got hurt in like every game last year. Henry is just going to have to face it that he doesn't have much of a shot to start on a lot of the teams in the NFL.

Iehoshua
02-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Add that to the fact that McGahee got hurt in like every game last year.
While I love what McGahee did last year, this did stand out in my mind. It could partially be since he was getting back into the groove AND getting adjusted to the NFL at the same time. Regardless, never hurts to have a good backup. Henry fits the bill perfectly.

jamze132
02-11-2005, 12:15 PM
I've said it before, it's not really gonna do us any good if we trade Henry. (unless it's a high 2nd) If he's on the roster when we start the seaon in September, he's gonna run his little ass off when given the oportunity due to the fact that he will be an unrestricted FA at the end of the year. He want's paid, he's gonna have to play. If he go's and pouts all season, what team is gonna want him for the kind of money he will be asking? Maybe him, Ryan, and Drew can start there own "gang" here in the Zone. They could be called the "We Think We Are Starters, But We Really Suck Balls" club.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Lindell and Bledsoe might fit in that club, but Henry is a legitimate starting RB....teams are interested in him, but don't want to overpay...Henry will start in the NFL again...if not this coming year, the next. Don't get down on him just because Willis is better than him....Willis is a rare athlete.

GreenMachine
02-11-2005, 09:15 PM
The Jets will most likely put a Transition Tag on Lamont. He will stay with the Jets, unless they trade him. The Jets will not let him just fade into free agency and get nothing in return.