PDA

View Full Version : Connolly should stay in Buffalo....

sabresfan18
12-01-2002, 06:03 PM
I just have a quick comment about the Buffalo Sabres' center Tim Connolly..i think Tims a great play maker, good skater and has great stick handling ability. This bashing from the guys of Hockey Hotline, the fans and the Buffalo News needs to stop! If I was Tim Connolly I certainly would not want to stay in Buffalo..here there are fans driving him out, when he really does help this hockey club! You really don't hear much about the other guys like J.P. Dumont who can't score or even Adam Mair! If the Sabres trade a guy like Connolly, I really think it will hurt them even more! When the Sabres are losing the Buffalo News and the fans blame the heat on the stars of the team! All you hear right now from the fans is: Trade Biron, trade Connolly, trade Miro Satan! Do you hear "trade Eric Boulton, trade Rob Ray?" I don't think so! These players have never helped out the team but are worshipped! I think the Buffalo fans and News should lay off one certain player and blame the teams unsuccess on the team as a whole!

Another comment I have is: The players need to start standing up for eachother! The only two guys on the team I see standing up for eachother and their teammates are: Vaclav Varada and Chris Gratton! The team will continue to be unsuccessful if they continue to not show up and not stand up for themselves and their teammates!

Also: Lindy Ruff I think is a good coach but I really have a feeling he will be fired, maybe not right now but at the beginning of January when the ownership situation kicks in! And I also think the ownership situation was just an excuse for the Sabres unsuccess! Come on..does an ownership situation really have an affect on a team that bad? Look at the Sabres in the beginning of the season...they played awesome and even in the preseason..and they didn't have an owner then?

Now, hopefully the Sabres can turn their season around! With a couple victories in the next week they can catch up to the Leafs! I have a lot of hope in the Sabres and I think you fans should too! The Sabres will look back at this next season and laugh!

GO SABRES! <3 Natalie

Sabre Ally
12-01-2002, 08:47 PM
Mair?! Mair wasn't brought here to score. He was brought here to hit people, since Rasmussen couldn't even manage to do that much. Don't be raggin' on Mair now. :peace:

Ebenezer
12-02-2002, 09:40 AM
Connolly can leave now.

mmm....much shorter and made more sense.

SABURZFAN
12-02-2002, 03:05 PM
i disagree Eb.the kid's 21 years old for chrissakes.i don't think ruff's system is helping this kid either.

Ebenezer
12-02-2002, 04:02 PM
sorry, he is too soft.

Novacane
12-02-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
sorry, he is too soft.

Amen! He should have been a figure skater!

sabresfan18
12-02-2002, 05:51 PM
yah..i understand..mair was not brought here to score...but come on a lot of guys need to step up..and yes tim does..but i really think he's a good player. He's still learning but i really think the sabres need him. If a trade came along that could really help the sabres then i would say yes def. trade him. Anything that could help the Sabres i would agree with.

Ray lucas? yah who won the game yesterday??? DREW IS THE BETTER QB! <3 Natalie

MissBuffalo
12-02-2002, 09:29 PM
IMO Tim would and will be good if he's in the right system. He's more of a wide-open ice type of player. I think he should be traded, but for a tough veteran scorer who could fit into our system.

BironsGirl43
12-02-2002, 10:19 PM
I LOVE TIMMY!!

I would not want him to be traded.. he's not a grinder and he never will be.. everyone needs to stop expecting that of him.. he's SKILLED.. and that's what I love to watch him for!

Why give up on him? Sometimes it takes a while for a player to develop.. see Iginla and Thornton and Bertuzzi and Naslund!!

Don Cherry
12-02-2002, 10:36 PM
First thing you gotta do is stop calling him Timmy. He's young, but he's not 6 years old!

Kids named Timmy get their milk money taken from them and never leave home. He'll be 35 and still play video games in his room at Mom and dad's house.

BironsGirl43
12-03-2002, 03:05 PM
LOL.. but sayin Timmy is just so cute.. kinda like how he is.. ;):evil:

Judge
12-04-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by MissBuffalo
IMO Tim would and will be good if he's in the right system. He's more of a wide-open ice type of player. I think he should be traded, but for a tough veteran scorer who could fit into our system.

You and Eb act like it's so easy to make a deal. You're right- if we want to get less than fair value for him!

In my opinion, Tim's trade value is ALOT LESS than the potential talent he has for the Sabres. Is it a good idea to let anotrher NHL team low-ball the Sabres at this point? Why trade him for far less than he's worth just for the sake of moving him? We'd lose on all fronts by doing that- we'd probably get a scrub in return, and would take the risk of seeing Connolly turn into the kind of offensive threat we're sorely lacking.

We might as well keep him and see how he turns out. Give him another year or 2 at least to see if he starts to show why he was a top-5 overall First round draft pick.

Ebenezer
12-04-2002, 11:50 AM
I never said it would be easy to trade him...I never said we would get fair market value...It is a case of addition by subtraction. Players who work hard and contribute hate to see soft players skate and dance unless they are productive...which he is not.

Cliff Klaven
12-04-2002, 12:05 PM
Actually the concept of soft players is pretty foreign here in Boston. If somebody doesn't play hard every game Carla goes out and punches him in the knee caps until he demands a trade.

Judge
12-04-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
I never said it would be easy to trade him...I never said we would get fair market value...It is a case of addition by subtraction. Players who work hard and contribute hate to see soft players skate and dance unless they are productive...which he is not.

It's too early to write him off in this way. Way too early. It would not be addition by subtraction at all. It would hurt this team.

sabresfan18
12-14-2002, 09:12 AM
I def. agree..the sabres need to keep him around..and the fans need to stop running him out of town...trading tim will only hurt the team..and i would take him on my team rather than the attitude and jerk mike peca was! Tim will start producing.

Novacane
12-14-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by sabresfan18
Tim will start producing.

You'll be saying the same thing 5 years from now! So He can skate pretty! Who cares. He has no heart.