PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters as DE?

Jeff1220
02-11-2005, 01:36 PM
In the past week I've seen several posts/threads mentioning Jason Peters as a possibility to play OT if Jonas does indeed leave. Don't I remember some earlier conversation by Jerry Gray or one of the coaches that they liked what they got out of Peters rushing off the line on ST, so they would be looking at him as a possibility to become a pass rusher. Am I just imagining this?

STAMPY
02-11-2005, 01:41 PM
In the past week I've seen several posts/threads mentioning Jason Peters as a possibility to play OT if Jonas does indeed leave. Don't I remember some earlier conversation by Jerry Gray or one of the coaches that they liked what they got out of Peters rushing off the line on ST, so they would be looking at him as a possibility to become a pass rusher. Am I just imagining this?

YES

OpIv37
02-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Give him a shot at it in preseason and see what happens. But Peters' name has been thrown around as OL, DL and TE and from what I understand, he's not that bright (remember the one play when he was wearing #73 and forgot to report as eligible?). Clearly the kid has football talent- the coaches need to decide how he can best be used and start developing him for that position as soon as possible.

dannyek71
02-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Id say make him a DT.....

Hes big, hes fast, hes stupid....Put him at DT and say go get the guy with the ball

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-11-2005, 02:02 PM
I think it is being a little harsh to say he is stupid because he forgot to report as eligible...this is a guy who has been wearing a TE number his whole career (HS, college) it's an easy mistake to make in the heat of the moment.

I think he has shown the speed and athleticism to play lots of different positions...lets just hope we use him wherever he is most effective.

I have been high on this guy since they grabbed him....and will continue to be a supporter until he is given a shot and lets us down.

mysticsoto
02-11-2005, 02:48 PM
I think it is being a little harsh to say he is stupid because he forgot to report as eligible...this is a guy who has been wearing a TE number his whole career (HS, college) it's an easy mistake to make in the heat of the moment.

I think he has shown the speed and athleticism to play lots of different positions...lets just hope we use him wherever he is most effective.

I have been high on this guy since they grabbed him....and will continue to be a supporter until he is given a shot and lets us down.

I think he has alot of potential also. I think people calling him dumb has to do with his Wunderlic score or whatever, but many others have done badly there also. There are different types of intelligence anyway. If he excels at one position, let's develop him further there and use him. He clearly has the physical attributes to become good at several positions...

OpIv37
02-11-2005, 02:52 PM
I think he has alot of potential also. I think people calling him dumb has to do with his Wunderlic score or whatever, but many others have done badly there also. There are different types of intelligence anyway. If he excels at one position, let's develop him further there and use him. He clearly has the physical attributes to become good at several positions...

That's exactly what I'm trying to say- I'd rather have a player who's really good at one position than mediocre at several positions. The team has needs at all his potential positions- the coaching staff just needs to find his niche and develop him accordingly.

THATHURMANATOR
02-11-2005, 04:17 PM
What can't Peters do?? Why not give him a shot at QB and kicker while we are at it.

dannyek71
02-11-2005, 04:36 PM

Im not basing his stupidity on that one play, Im basing it on the fact that word was that he was too dumb to learn any schemes as a TE, so that held his progress back, as well as his INCREDIBLY low test score, which in all likelihood took him from a 4th round pick to being undrafted.

TigerJ
02-11-2005, 10:50 PM
I think he could handle DT or OT as far as his athleticism is concerned, but I agree that the Bills need to let him focus on learning just one position.

mysticsoto
02-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Im not basing his stupidity on that one play, Im basing it on the fact that word was that he was too dumb to learn any schemes as a TE, so that held his progress back, as well as his INCREDIBLY low test score, which in all likelihood took him from a 4th round pick to being undrafted.

Word from whom??? He clearly did pretty well in Special Teams last year - so he must be capable of learning something.

It's all in the way you teach it, and between Clements and MM, they should be able to find a way to reach him. It's not like he's classified as ******ed or anything!

MM must think he isn't bad if he was willing to sign him. He's just someone that might need a little coaxing in the right direction. But it certainly doesn't mean he can't do it or that he'll never amount to anything...

Captain gameboy
02-14-2005, 09:47 AM
Word from whom??? It's not like he's classified as ******ed or anything!

My optimism meter just pegged full right.

Kerr
02-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Perhaps the bills brass decided he wouldn't be a good TE in this league already? There were reports that the bills were really thinking about drafting a TE this year.

Buckets
02-14-2005, 11:21 AM
Im not basing his stupidity on that one play, Im basing it on the fact that word was that he was too dumb to learn any schemes as a TE, .

Where did you get that information from?

Anyone with his size and speed should have a spot on the roster, either clearing holes for Willis or busting holes in an O line. He has had experiance on defense.

Intelligence.... come on guys this is football, not rocket science

jamze132
02-14-2005, 04:49 PM
How smart does the guy have to be to be a DE? Just tell the beast to kill the QB! That would be his only mission!

Mr. Cynical
02-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Id say make him a DT.....

Hes big, hes fast, hes stupid....Put him at DT and say go get the guy with the ball
:rofl:

Slim
02-14-2005, 05:14 PM
keep him on ST and give him a shot at De and Te

ddaryl
02-14-2005, 05:25 PM
They have him tagged for OL play. He may make a good Guard, and work his way up to Tackle. He's big and quick. Sure would be nice seeing Peters develope and play LG. He'd be very dangerous pulling on a sweep right. Imagine 350lbs of runaway train hitting a LB head on.

Like all projects they are a gamble, at least his ST's play was solid.