• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicknoze69
    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
    • Jul 2002

JP's our starter...

JP's our starter according to Lenny P. over at ESPN.com:

After a couple of weeks at home in California, quarterback J.P. Losman arrived back at the Buffalo Bills complex this week to begin offseason workouts, and there is a pretty good reason why the 2004 first-round pick is suddenly the team's early bird in the weight room. The decision has essentially already been made by Bills officials, several sources told ESPN.com, that Losman, who missed much of his rookie season recovering from a broken leg suffered in training camp, will be the starter in 2005. In fact, it is believed that Buffalo officials have apprised Drew Bledsoe of the plan to elevate the former Tulane star to the top of the depth chart and are giving the 12-year veteran some time to consider the ramifications of the move, and to determine if he wants to return to the Bills as the backup. Bledsoe is due a $1.05 million roster bonus in early March, and a base salary of $3.3 million for 2005, and has a salary cap charge of $6 million-plus. The Bills seem to feel they have gone about as far as they can with Bledsoe, and view the success of Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh this season as validation that you can win with a young quarterback when you surround him with solid talent. Losman appeared in just four games in 2004, all cameos, and threw only five passes. But head coach Mike Mularkey and his staff are enamored of the former Tulane signal caller, both from a physical and intangibles standpoint, and are ready to make the transition. As for Bledsoe, well, the Bills maintain a great deal of respect for the veteran and want to do right by him. There has been some speculation that the Dallas Cowboys might be interested in Bledsoe, who began his NFL career under Bill Parcells at New England in 1993 and at 33 is eight years younger than Vinny Testaverde. Then again, Bledsoe might prefer to be released, and then choose his own landing spot for 2005. If he did wind up in Dallas, there would be some irony to such a relocation. It was the Cowboys who dealt Buffalo a first-round pick in the '04 draft, and the extra selection was used by the Bills to grab Losman. It should be noted, in the case of Bledsoe and other veterans suddenly on the bubble with their teams, that players cannot be officially released until Feb. 22.

With the recent hirings of Mike Nolan and Romeo Crennel, the number of teams using 3-4 defenses continues to grow.

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Good find dick!

Comment

• regor
      • Jul 2002

Hallalujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eat your heart out DLC

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

So you guys still think that TD is too arogent to admit his own mistakes?

Comment

• regor
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS
          So you guys still think that TD is too arogent to admit his own mistakes?

I forgive him. I'm so psyched right now. I'm gonna party tonight

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

I cannot wait until February 22nd.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• pleasesavedrew
              • Feb 2005

BS

This is bull****!
              Remember the past(11), embrace the future(7)

Comment

• regor
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pleasesavedrew
                This is bull****!

pleasesaveblew

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

I resent the comparison to Rothlisberger- the decision to start losman should be based on his ability and not something some player did on some other team in a previous season.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• buffalofan19
                    God's gift to the Zone
                    • Dec 2004

To be honest with you, I am not going to put too much stake in this... yet. Not that I think Len P is full of crap, but it was also ESPN that reported that the Phoenix Coyotes put their players on standby back in January, telling them to be ready to practice within a week, and also that a few teams had ordered training camp equipment. Those reports turned out to be dead false. Whenever I hear "sources close to [insert appropriate name hear] have told us..." I don't put too much stock in them, because at least half the time they turn out to be wrong.
                    Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
                    Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
                    Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
                    Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
                    Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
                    Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
                    Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
                    Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
                    Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
                    Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• dannyek71
                      Drink Responsibly
                      • Dec 2004

leave drew leave
                      [

Comment

• Slim
                        • Apr 2004

i honestly beileve J.P could have put up the same numbers bledsoe did for the most the games, all J.P woulda had to do if throw 150 yards a TD and an INT to be the equivilent of bledsoe

Comment

• regor
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by buffalofan19
                          To be honest with you, I am not going to put too much stake in this... yet. Not that I think Len P is full of crap, but it was also ESPN that reported that the Phoenix Coyotes put their players on standby back in January, telling them to be ready to practice within a week, and also that a few teams had ordered training camp equipment. Those reports turned out to be dead false. Whenever I hear "sources close to [insert appropriate name hear] have told us..." I don't put too much stock in them, because at least half the time they turn out to be wrong.

Keep telling yourself that.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by regor
                            Hallalujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eat your heart out DLC
                            WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

When the official announcement is made, we need to plan a get-together!

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by slimschmittie
                              i honestly beileve J.P could have put up the same numbers bledsoe did for the most the games, all J.P woulda had to do if throw 150 yards a TD and an INT to be the equivilent of bledsoe
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X