X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

QB is JP says Lenny P

I think an open competition would be the way to make the decision, seems like asking Bledsoe to take the backup role to an untested Rookie without knowledge of if he can even play on this level wold be self-defeating at this point.

If your not going to gain financially from making the decision at this point then why even show your hand - a good backup is going to be a pressing need if the Bills go with Loseman and Bledsoe knows the system better than anyone. Why not let the best QB win the position rather than making a quik-decision at this point in the off-season.

With the recent hirings of Mike Nolan and Romeo Crennel, the number of teams using 3-4 defenses continues to grow.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

I'm not buying this story yet.. what is the advantage of naming JPL the starter at this point - you may run the only experienced QB on the roster away to Dallas.

Open competition is the only way to guage the Progress this offense made last year with Willis and Lee and Competition protects us from JPL starting out 0-3 or 1-5.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

I agree with you juice. Handing him the job is the same thing as when they handed Rob Johnson the job.
        The better move would have been to keep them both thru mini camps and training camp and let them compete. Let JP Losman WIN the job. Don't just hand it to him.

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

I'd rather go 10-6 with Bledsoe next year than 6-10 with Loseman and we find out half way through the season that JP hasn't matured mentally from the collegate level.

At least 10-6 gives us a shot at the WildCard.. I think TD is using the threat of going with JP as some type of leverage - Even if you go with JPL you still dont get rid of Bledsoe as his backup.

I think the Open competition at the QB position gives the Bills the best chance of advancing to the PlayOffs next season.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
            I'd rather go 10-6 with Bledsoe next year than 6-10 with Loseman and we find out half way through the season that JP hasn't matured mentally from the collegate level.

At least 10-6 gives us a shot at the WildCard.. I think TD is using the threat of going with JP as some type of leverage - Even if you go with JPL you still dont get rid of Bledsoe as his backup.

I think the Open competition at the QB position gives the Bills the best chance of advancing to the PlayOffs next season.
            Great post.

Comment

• Bulldog
              Top Dog
              • Jan 2003

I'm sure Buffalo would love to have Bledsoe back, but not at $6.3 to be a back-up. I really don't think Bledsoe is worth $6.3 as a starter based on his performance last year.
              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

I really don't see how the Bills can do worse than last season with JP as the starter considering our victories were due to Willis, the defense and ST. (That's assuming we either sign or replace Jennings and Pat).
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                  I really don't see how the Bills can do worse than last season with JP as the starter considering our victories were due to Willis, the defense and ST. (That's assuming we either sign or replace Jennings and Pat).
                  Considering we had the #2 D #1 ST, and Drew's #26 ranking, I wholeheartedly agree.

Comment

• audio/s
                    • Feb 2005

RUNNING!!

The bills with willis are a severe running team so if JP starts it wont have an effect exept that we have a more mobile QB

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

At least 10-6 gives us a shot at the WildCard.. .
                      so the bills might have a chance at a wild card? so ephing what..

why cant people get it..

the BILLS will NOT WIN a superbowl with DREW BLEDSOE..

10-6 and 6-10 are the same thing if you dont win it all.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• audio/s
                        • Feb 2005

But remember we baisically woud've been in the playoffs if that non-catch in wk. one was counted as NOT being pushed out of bounds

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          10-6 and 6-10 are the same thing if you dont win it all.
                          There is a huge difference between 10-6 & 6-10.. 10-6 with a couple of wins in the Playoffs would be a nice progression towards getting this team into the SB within a 2 year window.

6-10 with a young struggling QB would be a setback that could result in losing key Free Agents such as Nate Clements and Willis MaGahee over the next few years.

This Bills team can hope to compete next year in the AFC-East.. Loseman getting off to a bad start could turn a competitive season into years of rebuilding.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                            I agree with you juice. Handing him the job is the same thing as when they handed Rob Johnson the job.
                            The better move would have been to keep them both thru mini camps and training camp and let them compete. Let JP Losman WIN the job. Don't just hand it to him.
                            Hell no it isn't the same thing. Hello! Flutie was winning games as I seem to remember, and with Flutie we knew we always had a chance. I don't feel that way about Bledose when he is in there? Do you? Yes even an untested rookie can do for us what Drew is doing and we'll save a little cash too. I like that they're allowing him to bow out respectfully to save some face. I would much rather him stay as back-up with back-up pay but we all know that will not happen. Therefore, I care not where he goes so long as he just goes. What's that old Crue song? Don't go away mad. Just go away.

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Even if we make the playoffs as a wild card with (cough) Drew, do you really expect us to even score 10 points? Dude, have you not seen Drew in a playoff implicating game? Come on! Quit lovin' on Drew and get on the Amigo's raft! We floatin' all da way to da superbowl baby!

(Besides, if JP starts, we won't throw stuff and yell at the TV when Drew is doing the "pat the ball" thing)

Comment

Working...
                              X