PDA

View Full Version : DLC..........rip TD here

Novacane
02-11-2005, 03:54 PM
OK DLC.........tell us how stupid TD is :snicker:

jamze132
02-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Well since there aren't any DLC posting here, I guess it's only fitting that an Amigo does it.

Drew sucks!
Donahoe is a ho!
Lindel is just plain gay!

Sorry about the Drew/Ryan bash... I couldn't contain myself.

Drive 4 Five
02-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Dear Tom Donahoe,

I hate you. You have ruined my life. Drew is the best thing to happen to Buffalo since hot wings. You would be wise to draft another receiver becuase those idiots you call receivers sure as heck aren't getting it done. Oh and what is up with the crippled running back you wasted a precious number one draft pick on? No wonder Drew has a horrible record in Buffalo. He needs a better running back too. Oh my God, don't get me started on the offensive line. Those guys can't sustain a block for more than four seconds, Drew needs at least ten. Once again. I hate you. You are a good for nothing, scum sucking, low down dirty piece of dog poop.

:rofl:

The_Philster
02-12-2005, 03:55 AM
Well since there aren't any DLC posting here, I guess it's only fitting that an Amigo does it.

according to Tatonka's definition, the DLC is just a figment of the amigos' warped imagination :crazy:

Jan Reimers
02-12-2005, 07:36 AM
I'll stick to being a Bills fan, which I've been since before the Kemp-Lamonica controversy. I hope the Bills make the right decision at QB, and I'll support the starter as I always do. I'm looking for a playoff berth, regardless of who is at the helm.

I don't understand hating a particular player more than loving the Bills.

Philagape
02-12-2005, 07:54 AM
I'll stick to being a Bills fan, which I've been since before the Kemp-Lamonica controversy. I hope the Bills make the right decision at QB, and I'll support the starter as I always do. I'm looking for a playoff berth, regardless of who is at the helm.

Drew Bledsoe is a threat to the Bills winning a SB. Therefore, supporting him and loving the Bills is a conflict of interest.

mybills
02-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Drew Bledsoe is a threat to the Bills winning a SB. Therefore, supporting him and loving the Bills is a conflict of interest.
:10:

The_Philster
02-12-2005, 08:52 AM

Great post...indicative of a true Bills fan

If he's QBing the Bills, you support him or you don't. The side you take indicates whether or not the team is more important than a personal dislike of the player. I was sick to my stomach during Flutie's slump in 99...hated having him play because he was constantly screwing up...but I supported him because he was the QB for my team. Contrary to amigo belief, you can support a player and complain about him at the same time...just takes some level of intelligence to do so.

finsrclowns
02-12-2005, 09:16 AM
OK DLC.........tell us how stupid TD is :snicker:

Do you KNOW something other than some speculation and rumors you'd like to share about the QB situation? Didn't think so.

Novacane
02-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Do you KNOW something other than some speculation and rumors you'd like to share about the QB situation? Didn't think so.

If you're so sure it's just all speculation wanna place a bet on it? I'm willing.

The_Philster
02-12-2005, 09:21 AM

Don't hold your breath..I wouldn't expect much from someone who thinks the GM makes coaching calls. :snicker:

The King
02-12-2005, 09:22 AM

I agree. I certainly have my preference. But if it doesnt go that way, thats fine I will move full steam ahead and support Losman. I wish Drew all the success in the world no matter what helmet he has on. The DLC will live on.

Novacane
02-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Don't hold your breath..I wouldn't expect much from someone who thinks the GM makes coaching calls. :snicker:

Why do always try and pick a fight. I never said that. If you think MM made this decision on his own you're the one whos not to smart.

The_Philster
02-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Why do always try and pick a fight. I never said that. If you think MM made this decision on his own you're the one whos not to smart.

You deny this post less than half an hour after it was made? http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=914170&postcount=33 :scratch:

Philagape
02-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Great post...indicative of a true Bills fan

If he's QBing the Bills, you support him or you don't. The side you take indicates whether or not the team is more important than a personal dislike of the player. I was sick to my stomach during Flutie's slump in 99...hated having him play because he was constantly screwing up...but I supported him because he was the QB for my team. Contrary to amigo belief, you can support a player and complain about him at the same time...just takes some level of intelligence to do so.

Why would anyone want someone to play who they acknowledge is hurting the team?? If you support someone who's detrimental to the team, then you're NOT supporting the team. That's not intelligence, just sappy sentimentality. Good thing coaches and GMs don't have that kind of blind loyalty, or no one would ever get benched for playing poorly. What if the Bills had stuck with Mike Pucillo?? Would we be obliged to support him as the starting LG? Must we also support Lindell? Or, as Bills fans, should we call for improvements? Are we supposed to be robotic, monotonous minions, accepting everything that's put before us? "Yes Tom .... Yes Tom .... Yes Tom ...." :trance: :trance: :trance: What are ticket buyers and taxpayers paying for?? This is OUR franchise! And we have to right to gripe!
Or, I'll give you a nonsports analogy you may relate to ... Does loving this country mean never criticizing the president and wishing it was someone else?

The_Philster
02-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Maybe you just don't understand what the rest of us mean by "supporting" a player. :scratch: As evidenced by the last line in your post, you obviously don't...cause you didn't even read what I said. :shakeno:
Let me try it slowly
You can support a player and still criticize him. Supporting him, to most of us, means we are constantly hoping he has a good game and helps the Bills win.
Not supporting a player means...you want him gone no matter how well he plays.

Novacane
02-12-2005, 09:35 AM
You deny this post less than half an hour after it was made? http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=914170&postcount=33 :scratch:

Are you saying the GM is not the boss? Who hired MM and has the power to fire him?

The_Philster
02-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Are you saying the GM is not the boss? Who hired MM and has the power to fire him?

:huh: I never said anything of the sort. The thread was about JP supplanting Drew and the starter..not coaching or personnel decisions

Novacane
02-12-2005, 09:37 AM

You need to practice what you preach and stop making things up. If Bledsoe played well we would not want him gone.

Novacane
02-12-2005, 09:40 AM
:huh: I never said anything of the sort. The thread was about JP supplanting Drew and the starter..not coaching or personnel decisions

Lets say they have decided to start JP. Are you saying it was totally MM's decision?

The_Philster
You need to practice what you preach and stop making things up. If Bledsoe played well we would not want him gone.

Did I say you did? :coocoo: Find me the post where I say you, regor, want Drew gone if he plays well :rolleyes:

I won't hold my breath

The_Philster
Lets say they have decided to start JP. Are you saying it was totally MM's decision?

Ultimately, it's the coach's call. That's why it's called a coaching decision.

Iehoshua
02-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Read my sig.

Novacane
02-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Ultimately, it's the coach's call. That's why it's called a coaching decision.

Once the team has been picked and the season ready to start..............sure the coach decides who plays. In the offseason no. They make big decisions like this as an organization. You talk like MM just went to TD and said I'm starting Losman next year and TD just said ok whatever you say.

Novacane
02-12-2005, 09:53 AM

If you're so sure it's just all speculation wanna place a bet on it? I'm willing.

I did'nt think so :loser:

The_Philster
02-12-2005, 09:59 AM
I did'nt think so :loser:

:rofl: Check his profile...I don't think he revolves his life around responding to conspiracy theorists...he didn't even see your post

Philagape
02-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Supporting him, to most of us, means ...

I seriously doubt that.

That sentence does not apply to Drew. :snicker:

Since my support of the team is constant, my support of any given player depends on whether that player helps or hurts the team. Very simple concept.

Philagape
02-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Supporting him, to most of us, means we are constantly hoping he has a good game and helps the Bills win.

News flash: Games are over. It's time to evaluate and decide whether we want him starting next year. THAT IS THE ISSUE ... NOT whether we root for him on gameday. Stop trying to miscast the issue.

Novacane
02-12-2005, 10:19 AM
:rofl: Check his profile...I don't think he revolves his life around responding to conspiracy theorists...he didn't even see your post

Conspiracy :huh: Ok........if you say so.

He won't bet me when he does see it. I'm not saying the report is gospel but all the signs since the end of the season point in the same direction.................they are going with Losman. Some Drew supporters wanna hold out hope until the word becomes offical. Thats fine.

The_Philster
02-12-2005, 10:28 AM
News flash: Games are over. It's time to evaluate and decide whether we want him startuing next year.
:shocked: No...really? :rolleyes:
Question is, if Lenny's P's report is false (unnamed source carries little weight), and Drew starts next year...what do you do?
Myself, currently hoping JP gets the stating job next year, will support him and hope he does well...I'll criticize him when he plays poorly and I'll criticize other players when they play poorly...exactly what I have always done. I've seen many people criticize Drew when he played poorly...but paid little attention to others who played poorly. It's a team game last I checked. No single player costs the team the game.

Novacane
02-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Question is, if Lenny's P's report is false (unnamed source carries little weight), and Drew starts next year...what do you do?

murder him for getting my hopes up

The_Philster
02-12-2005, 10:34 AM
murder him for getting my hopes up

:roflmao:

finsrclowns
02-12-2005, 10:34 AM

If it were fact we wouldn't have anything to wager about would we? :funny:

Here's what I have to say about TD: he's a smart guy.

Here's what I have to say about MM: he's a good coach.

Here's what I have to say about DB: I think we can win with him and I support him if he's the starter.

Here's what I have to say about JP: I hope we can win with him (noone can really KNOW) and I will support him if he starts.

Here's what I have to say about this thread: it's divisive and it says "I hate DB so much I can't wait until he's actually gone until I rub it in the faces of anyone who's dumb enough to not hate his guts as much as I do".

Novacane
02-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Here's what I have to say about this thread: it's divisive and it says "I hate DB so much I can't wait until he's actually gone until I rub it in the faces of anyone who's dumb enough to not hate his guts as much as I do".

More like I hate losing so much and I think Drew has been a major contributer to that losing. That is why I can't wait until he's gone.

Philagape
02-12-2005, 10:41 AM
So if this whole argument is over the definition of support, I'll stick with mine because mine is the only relevant one right now. When the QB steps under center on gameday, only then will the relevant definition of support be "root for."

DISCLAIMER: my support of a player means whether or not I agree with him being the starter!!

jamze132
02-12-2005, 10:56 AM
A conflict of interest it is! Drew will not take us to the promised land. JP may not either, but at least we KNOW Drew won't.

The_Philster
02-12-2005, 11:04 AM
A conflict of interest it is! Drew will not take us to the promised land. JP may not either, but at least we KNOW Drew won't.

:jawdrop: Since you know the future so well, any chance I could get the winning lotto numbers? :pray:

Iehoshua
02-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Read my sig.

:jawdrop: Since you know the future so well, any chance I could get the winning lotto numbers? :pray:
:dance:

jamze132
02-13-2005, 10:38 AM
You know just as well as anyone in here that Drew will not take us to the Superbowl. Why can't you admit that?

The_Philster
02-13-2005, 11:04 AM
You know just as well as anyone in here that Drew will not take us to the Superbowl. Why can't you admit that?

The only way that's guaranteed is if he's not on the team. I don't profess to have the ability to see the future. People said Elway would never win the big one either and those people look pretty damn stupid now, don't they?

pats-were-right
02-13-2005, 11:17 AM
The only way that's guaranteed is if he's not on the team. I don't profess to have the ability to see the future. People said Elway would never win the big one either and those people look pretty damn stupid now, don't they?

Comparing Drew to Elway is like comparing Eva Longoria to Millie the crack whore on the corner.

The_Philster
02-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Comparing Drew to Elway is like comparing Eva Longoria to Millie the crack whore on the corner.

Maybe...but I didn't compare the two...just made a statement of fact. Elway couldn't win it all for a long time...then won 2 in the last few years of his career.

jamze132
02-14-2005, 03:14 PM
OK, you can't compare John Elway to Drew Bledsoe.
I also do not profess to see the future but I am a realist. I see things for what they are and no way does Drew have the physical ability anymore to get to the superbowl.

The_Philster
02-14-2005, 06:09 PM
OK, you can't compare John Elway to Drew Bledsoe.Tell me...do you even read the posts in the thread before you post? No one was comparing the two :crazy:

Philagape
02-14-2005, 07:32 PM
To mention Elway in a thread about Drew is to imply that Drew can do what Elway did. :roflmao: That's likening, which is a form of comparison.

The_Philster
02-14-2005, 07:40 PM
it's called stating historical facts :crazy:

Philagape
02-14-2005, 07:53 PM
it's called stating historical facts :crazy:

I see, totally devoid of any context or implication.

OK then, I'll state a historical fact too. On this date in 1912, Arizona became the 48th state in the union.

The_Philster
02-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Elway guided teams to Super Bowls and his teams were outmatched.
Drew helped guide his team to a Super Bowl and the team was outmatched.
Elway, in the last few years of his career, won a pair of Super Bowl titles

Unless you're a psychic, there's no way in hell you can say with certainty that Drew can never win a title unless you're saying it out of hatred.

Philagape
02-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Still not comparing them? :rofl:

Elway's stats in his final two seasons
1997 Denver Broncos 502 280 55.8 3635 7.24 27 11 87.5
1998 Denver Broncos 356 210 59.0 2806 7.88 22 10 93.0

Drew's stats over the past two seasons
2003 Buffalo Bills 471 274 58.2 2860 6.07 11 12 73.0
2004 Buffalo Bills 450 256 56.9 2932 6.52 20 16 76.6

In other words, Elway was way better than Drew. That's the reason Elway started five Super Bowls, and Drew started one. Plus, Elway's final years were his best ones. He got better with age; Drew hasn't. Drew peaked early and regressed.

finsrclowns
02-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Elway got Terrell Davis on his team; a guy that would have been a certain HOF'er if not for knee injuries that tragically cut his career short early. Take Davis off those two Bronco teams and it's unlikely the Broncos get to either Super Bowl. If they had, Elway would have eclipsed Kelley as the only 5 time SB loser.

Bledsoe was 9-2 last year with Willis McGahee as the starting RB, but the Bills lost the last game and it appears it cost him his job. Maybe that's for the best, maybe it isn't. But the "anyone but Bledsoe" crowd should remember this: there have been literally dozens of quarterbacks drafted in the last 12 years heralded as the white knight in shining armor to take their respective teams to the Super Bowl. Only a select few have succeeded. And the ones that did always had a lot of help, even HOF'ers like Elway. It won't be long it appears before the critics won't have Drew Bledsoe to kick around here any more. Here's hoping his successor is given a long rope before he's kicked to the curb.

The_Philster
02-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Couple of things...no...not comparing them in the least..
as far as final two years are you're saying Drew is retiring? Got a link? As long as he's still in the league, the potential to rebound is there...unlikely but there. Sorry...but I don't hate the guy and have a voodoo doll of him to make sure he fails

The_Philster
02-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Elway got Terrell Davis on his team; a guy that would have been a certain HOF'er if not for knee injuries that tragically cut his career short early. Take Davis off those two Bronco teams and it's unlikely the Broncos get to either Super Bowl. If they had, Elway would have eclipsed Kelley as the only 5 time SB loser.

Bledsoe was 9-2 last year with Willis McGahee as the starting RB, but the Bills lost the last game and it appears it cost him his job. Maybe that's for the best, maybe it isn't. But the "anyone but Bledsoe" crowd should remember this: there have been literally dozens of quarterbacks drafted in the last 12 years heralded as the white knight in shining armor to take their respective teams to the Super Bowl. Only a select few have succeeded. And the ones that did always had a lot of help, even HOF'ers like Elway. It won't be long it appears before the critics won't have Drew Bledsoe to kick around here any more. Here's hoping his successor is given a long rope before he's kicked to the curb.

:10: Well-thought out post as opposed to the blatantly stupid one just above it

Wheresthekgun
02-14-2005, 09:44 PM
We need to dump TD and bring back Butler obviously TD can't bring in a good team he just dumps our stars in the market and we get unreliable rookies as starters......Nice way to throw away next season TD!!!!

Iehoshua
02-14-2005, 09:50 PM
We need to dump TD and bring back Butler obviously TD can't bring in a good team he just dumps our stars in the market and we get unreliable rookies as starters......Nice way to throw away next season TD!!!!
This is either a sad attempt at humor or a very very uninformed poster...
:down:

Philagape
02-14-2005, 10:19 PM
:10: Well-thought out post as opposed to the blatantly stupid one just above it

It's blantantly stupid to point out Elway was good late in his career and Drew isn't? Or to point out a correct definition of the word compare? (you really are a mortal enemy of the English language). Is it not more silly to bring up Elway in a thread about Drew? Their careers went in opposite directions, as my post illustrated.
And then to hypocritically call people who disagree with you haters? Hypocritically because you're always saying "I didn't say that!" and accuse people of inventing quotes, while at the same time making ill-informed umbrella statements like calling people haters or implying that they root against Drew (in another thread). You say people don't read your posts, and then you somehow find a non-existant line in my post saying Drew was retiring. You're guilty of everything you accuse others of doing, and when you're caught, you respond with insults.

If you really believe what you're implying, come out and say it: Do you believe that Drew is as good as Elway? Yes or no? If yes, well you're entitled to your opinion in the face of overwhelming evidence; if no, then he's irrelevant.

Novacane
02-14-2005, 10:24 PM
This is either a sad attempt at humor or a very very uninformed poster...
:down:

:rofl:

The_Philster
02-15-2005, 03:07 AM
It's blantantly stupid to point out Elway was good late in his career and Drew isn't? Or to point out a correct definition of the word compare? (you really are a mortal enemy of the English language). Is it not more silly to bring up Elway in a thread about Drew? Their careers went in opposite directions, as my post illustrated.
And then to hypocritically call people who disagree with you haters? Hypocritically because you're always saying "I didn't say that!" and accuse people of inventing quotes, while at the same time making ill-informed umbrella statements like calling people haters or implying that they root against Drew (in another thread). You say people don't read your posts, and then you somehow find a non-existant line in my post saying Drew was retiring. You're guilty of everything you accuse others of doing, and when you're caught, you respond with insults.

If you really believe what you're implying, come out and say it: Do you believe that Drew is as good as Elway? Yes or no? If yes, well you're entitled to your opinion in the face of overwhelming evidence; if no, then he's irrelevant.Two quick things
If Drew's not retiring, then what relevance is there in bringing up the final 2 years of Elway's career and comparing them to the last two years in Bledsoe's ongoing career. If Drew's retiring, that's the only way the comparison makes sense.
And no one has said Bledsoe was as good as Elway...far from it, in fact. I certainly don't believe it. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna claim to know the future so all you guys claiming Drew has no chance to ever win the big win better be rich off the lottery or you better take a long look in the mirror and realize it's called wishful thinking on your parts...you hope and pray he continues to fail so you can be proven right.
That's all I have to say on the subject...I'm not gonna deal with dishonest people putting words in my mouth

jamze132
02-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Tell me...do you even read the posts in the thread before you post? No one was comparing the two :crazy:
You said that no one believed Elway would win the big one. If you weren't comparing the two QB's than what where you trying to imply? :question:

Philagape
02-15-2005, 04:36 PM
That's all I have to say on the subject...I'm not gonna deal with dishonest people putting words in my mouth

You are exactly that, as the very same post proves...........

you hope and pray he continues to fail so you can be proven right.

Iehoshua
02-15-2005, 04:41 PM
you hope and pray he continues to fail so you can be proven right.
Negative here. I've posted time and again I wish Bledsoe proved me wrong (not saying you were referring to me on this point, just clarifying). Looks like if he does, it will be in another uniform. I wouldn't bet the house on it though...

The_Philster
02-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Negative here. I've posted time and again I wish Bledsoe proved me wrong (not saying you were referring to me on this point, just clarifying). Looks like if he does, it will be in another uniform. I wouldn't bet the house on it though...

Thing is, you're just wagering he won't succeed...not making guarantees like some :;
Honestly, I'd wager against him succeeding as well..2004 was the test for him in my eyes..he got better than 2003 but still lacked consistency..which is what he really needed to work on. Could he improve? yeah, he could. Will he? I doubt he will by much.

DynaPaul
02-15-2005, 06:31 PM
John Elway wasn't known for making stupid throws and taking sacks all the time. End of story.

jamze132
02-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Hey Philster when did I ever put words into your mouth? I don't understand where you get this from. It seems that no one else can have an opinion in here. I said that no way in hell Drew can take the team to the superbowl, and you get all offended. It doesn't matter whether or not you are a Drew Bledsoe fan. Everyone agrees that he is a great person, but as a QB in the NFL, he's past his prime. You recognize that. But to bash somone for there opinion is messed up.

The_Philster
02-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey Philster when did I ever put words into your mouth? I don't understand where you get this from. It seems that no one else can have an opinion in here. I said that no way in hell Drew can take the team to the superbowl, and you get all offended. It doesn't matter whether or not you are a Drew Bledsoe fan. Everyone agrees that he is a great person, but as a QB in the NFL, he's past his prime. You recognize that. But to bash somone for there opinion is messed up.I'm not bashing anyone for their opinions :idunno: I bash lies and people accusing me of saying something I never said. As far as Drew taking the team to the Super Bowl, why would I get offended about that? He's getting released...so we know it ain't gonna happen. As far as any other teams...what do you base that on, honestly? What in your opinion will guarantee that Drew will fail on another team? I'm just very interested to know how so many people can make such guarantees :popcorn:

jamze132
02-15-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm not bashing anyone for their opinions :idunno: I bash lies and people accusing me of saying something I never said. As far as Drew taking the team to the Super Bowl, why would I get offended about that? He's getting released...so we know it ain't gonna happen. As far as any other teams...what do you base that on, honestly? What in your opinion will guarantee that Drew will fail on another team? I'm just very interested to know how so many people can make such guarantees :popcorn:
Damn, stop taking these "guarantees" so seriously. All that was said is that Drew won't get a team to the superbowl. If thats professing the future or making a guarantee than so be it. It's your opinion. What the hell is a message board for?????????? People hate Drew, people love Drew. Who cares what anyones views are on his ability to play the game anymore.

You tell me what team Drew has a chance of leading to the superbowl next year. I don't think Drew could take NE to the superbowl next year. I don't think Drew could take Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, or Indianapolis to the superbowl because Drew doesn't have the physical ability anymore for the way the game is played now.

Mr. Cynical
02-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Drew sucks and finally got cut. Let some other team fall for his mythical, i.e., non-existant, abilities. I'm glad he's gone.

justasportsfan
02-16-2005, 06:03 AM
:jawdrop: Since you know the future so well, any chance I could get the winning lotto numbers? :pray:Maybe you should ask TD for the lotto nos. because he cut Rob thinking that he wo9uldn't amount to anything in the future too.

Bledsoe was 9-2 last year with Willis McGahee as the starting RB, but the Bills lost the last game and it appears it cost him his job.
not just the last game but any game against better teams.

justasportsfan
02-16-2005, 06:06 AM
Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I agree. 3 yrs. is enough history to know that the bills aren't going to win a title w/ Drew as a qb.

Unless you're a psychic, there's no way in hell you can say with certainty that Drew can never win a title unless you're saying it out of hatred. Ah, no. I am not psychic and I know Drew will NEVER win a sb title. Wanna bet on it?