PDA

View Full Version : $12 million UNDER the cap...is this true, Clump?

Michael82
02-12-2005, 10:34 AM
If the Buffalo Bills desire a free agent or two when the market opens on March2, they are going to have ample spending money under the league's inflated $85 million salary cap.

Wide receiver Eric Moulds agreed to restructure his contract — the details are expected to be finalized in the next few days — and that maneuver should create an extra $2 million in salary cap room, meaning the Bills would be approximately $12 million under the cap.

Ideally, the Bills would prefer to spend the extra cash on their own two key unrestricted free agents, left offensive tackle Jonas Jennings and defensive tackle Pat Williams.

But if they failed to retain one or both, they would have extra funds to pursue potential replacements.

http://www.rochesterdandc.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050212/SPORTS03/502120333/1007/SPORTS

Michael82
02-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Keep in mind that this is BEFORE the Bills release Drew Bledsoe. That's some good money, especially when they don't have a 1st rounder to sign. I wonder who's on TDs list. Maybe we will have enough to keep BOTH Jennings and Williams? :idunno:

clumping platelets
02-12-2005, 10:35 AM
I have the Bills $10,728,406 under

Dozer is making changes to cap page now

Novacane
02-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Keep in mind that this is BEFORE the Bills release Drew Bledsoe. That's some good money, especially when they don't have a 1st rounder to sign. I wonder who's on TDs list. Maybe we will have enough to keep BOTH Jennings and Williams? :idunno:

Drews replacement would take up any cap space saved by releasing him.

jamze132
02-12-2005, 10:54 AM
With us saving nearly 3 mil with Moulds restructure, it should put us close to 13-14 mil under, depending on what happens with Drew. I don't see why we can't sign Jenning long term. It also shoulnd't be a problem to lock up Pat for another couple of years either. We would still have a few mil left to do something with. It doesn't have to be a star, but some reliable depth wouldn't hurt.

Michael82
02-12-2005, 10:58 AM
I'd rather TD re-sign Pat Williams to a new deal and then extend at least one of these two...Terrence McGee or Nate Clements.

Meathead
02-12-2005, 12:33 PM
I have the Bills $10,728,406 under

Dozer is making changes to cap page now
Well chop chop.

clumping platelets
02-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Well chop chop.

Check the page :D

clumping platelets
02-12-2005, 12:40 PM
With us saving nearly 3 mil with Moulds restructure, it should put us close to 13-14 mil under, depending on what happens with Drew. I don't see why we can't sign Jenning long term. It also shoulnd't be a problem to lock up Pat for another couple of years either. We would still have a few mil left to do something with. It doesn't have to be a star, but some reliable depth wouldn't hurt.

I have us $10.73 million under and that includes Moulds restructure

Michael82
02-12-2005, 01:00 PM
I wonder where the D&C is getting their $12 million number from.... Hmmm... :scratch:

SoCalBillsFan
02-12-2005, 01:00 PM
is that enough to re-sign both williams and jennings?

clumping platelets
02-12-2005, 01:26 PM
I wonder where the D&C is getting their $12 million number from.... Hmmm... :scratch:

They may not be using the "top 51" rule :ontome:

clumping platelets
02-12-2005, 01:26 PM
is that enough to re-sign both williams and jennings?

Yes :D

Michael82
02-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Yes :D
But it's also enough to re-sign one and then extend Clements or McGee and sign a couple other players too. Isn't it?

ScottLawrence
02-12-2005, 02:07 PM
But it's also enough to re-sign one and then extend Clements or McGee and sign a couple other players too. Isn't it?

If worst comes to worst, franchise Clements next year.

McGee is a restricted FA next year.

jamze132
02-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Have you factored in the new cap adjustment? I think we should have more than 10.73 mil.

G. Host
02-13-2005, 10:47 AM

Probably the dart board as reliable as they have been :(

Comparing the News and Clump reminds me of Star Trek IV:

Kirk: Mr. Spock, have you accounted for the variable mass of whales and water in your time re-entry program?
Spock: Mr. Scott cannot give me exact figures, Admiral, so... I will make a guess.
Kirk: A guess? You, Spock? That's extraordinary.
Spock: [to McCoy] I don't think he understands.
McCoy: No, Spock. He means that he feels safer about your guesses than most other people's facts.
Spock: Then you're saying... it is a compliment?
McCoy: It is.
Spock: Ah. Then I will try to make the best guess I can.

I feel more comfortable with Clump's guesses than news' "facts"

clumping platelets
02-13-2005, 10:58 AM
If Bledsoe was released, I would have the Bills $12,681,740 under

clumping platelets
02-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Probably the dart board as reliable as they have been :(

Comparing the News and Clump reminds me of Star Trek IV:

I feel more comfortable with Clump's guesses than news' "facts"

Live long and prosper :posrep: :posrep:

OpIv37
02-13-2005, 12:31 PM
Drews replacement would take up any cap space saved by releasing him.

I thought we saved about $2 million against the cap by cutting Drew. If this happens, we better not be paying some washed-up clipboard rack $2 million to stand on the sidelines and yell encouraging cliches at Losman.

clumping platelets
02-13-2005, 10:18 PM
I thought we saved about $2 million against the cap by cutting Drew. If this happens, we better not be paying some washed-up clipboard rack $2 million to stand on the sidelines and yell encouraging cliches at Losman.

According to my numbers, releasing Drew saves a little bit less than $2 million

Depends on who you want to be a backup. Do you want a QB capable of coming in and winning games or someone who carries a clipboard. I prefer the former, but I also disagree with the decision to let Drew go. I would prefer building up the offense around Drew even more, if he fails, you just strengthened the weapons around JP as well.

Meathead
02-14-2005, 07:59 AM
Good point. And another full year as the backup would make Losman much better prepared. Of course so does being the starter but putting him in there now conceeds any serious SB threat.