PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl gossip

Captain gameboy
02-12-2005, 11:06 AM
I have a good friend who is well connected in the Jax sports scene. I was chatting with him on Wed night and we talked about the SB, and the real stuff that happens.

Economics

He has a home on a golf course with a pool. He rented it out through Coldwell Banker to some guy from New York from Friday afternoon till Monday morning. The guy shows up in an $800k bus. That`s right, $800k.
The guy tells him the six chairs he has in it are about $25k apiece. Anyway four guys stay in his house and two guys stay in the bus for the weekend.

My friend comes back Monday to get his house back and the guy tells him they never left. They had 8 tickets. Sold 4 for $5000 ea. and 4 for $3500 ea.
They stayed in his house and played golf all weekend.

I didn´t ask him what he got for the weekend rental.

My friend had tickets to the official NFL post game party and sells them each for $400. One guy tells him the party sucked so he gave them half their money back.

Jacksonville performance

Not good, and in spite of the city´s and NFL´s attempts to keep it quiet, some may have heard.

The women´s rest rooms had a major plumbing problem and a good number of them were shut down. The poor ladies had to line up and use the men´s restrooms. Not sure how that all worked, but I heard it was a fiasco.

Stadium ran out of food in the third quarter. Really horrible planning.

Parties

As I mentioned, this guy is well connected. He had tickets to an invitation only party hosted by Emmit Smith on Thursday. Because of the relative surprise announcement of Emmit´s retirement, it turned into quite the place to be.
Catered beyond imagination and everything first class.

My friend talked to Peyton Manning for about 20 mins. He said he was really surprised at how big he was. He said he was 6´8 and about 250. I guess they got along pretty good and when he was moving on he slapped him on the arm and he said it was like a tree trunk. Evidently he is really built up, much more so than is appparent.
He said Eli is considerably smaller. Much less weight work.

He also talked to Warrick Dunn-really small, (he said no more than 5´7), Emmit, Priest Holmes and quite a while with Jerome Bettis. He said the Bus was massive, much bigger than anyone else there. Freakishly big.
He said his first thought, (and he was a D1 college basketball player), was that if Bettis ever hit him at full speed he would kill him.

Before he left he chatted with Thurmon Thomas who he said was super nice. I asked him if Thurmon was ¨consuming¨ inapropriately, and he said no-normally. Good news for Thurmon.

There ws another party he went to that was hosted by Marshall Faulk.
He said is was trashy. Lousy food. A bunch of rappers and slime balls, so he bolted.

Michael82
02-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Good story, man! :bf1:

Thanks for sharing. Just one thing though...it's Thurman, not Thurmon. :D

mybills
02-12-2005, 03:21 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gameboy again.