View Full Version : Done deal

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-12-2005, 12:28 PM
NFL
Bills OK 3-year deal with Moulds
By MARK GAUGHAN
News Sports Reporter
2/12/2005

Eric Moulds likes Buffalo, and he wants to win.
He took care of the former desire and hopes he improved his chances of the latter Friday when he agreed to a contract extension with the Buffalo Bills.

The agreement is for three years and keeps Moulds under contract through 2007. His old pact was to run out in 2006, but his salary cap numbers were going to be costly in 2005 and exorbitant in 2006.

The deal will give Moulds the same amount of money he was due to make in 2005. It includes a $5 million bonus and a $1.5 million base salary. Under the old deal he was going to get a $5.5 million base and a $1 million roster bonus. Because the bonus gets spread out for the life of the contract, his cap cost is expected to drop from $8.6 million to $5.16 million, a savings of $3.4 million to the Bills' player budget for 2005.

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20050212/1022251.asp

mackey789
02-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Moulds, who lives in Hamburg, said, "I've been here 10 years, and I'm part of the community. I know how great the city is and how much the team means. I talk to a lot of people down South about Buffalo, and I tell them Buffalo is one of the most beautiful cities you've ever seen in the summertime."

Eric has and always will be my favorite player.

pleasesavedrew
02-12-2005, 12:48 PM
its great him to stay, it shows loyalty to his team, even if never has won a playoff game.

BAM
02-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Moulds, who lives in Hamburg, said, "I've been here 10 years, and I'm part of the community. I know how great the city is and how much the team means. I talk to a lot of people down South about Buffalo, and I tell them Buffalo is one of the most beautiful cities you've ever seen in the summertime."

Same here man. My favorite Bill ever...slightly above Thurman Thomas.

I have a feeling McGahee might take that title though if he sticks around for a while.

Big M
02-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Losman needs the respected Vet to go with the fleet Evans. Should help him in his first season as our QB.

Drew = Past Tense. :up:

Armpalm Ali Musch
02-12-2005, 03:58 PM
This is the second great piece of Bills news I have heard in the last week. JP becoming the starter is the other one but now that Moulds is here until 2007 and he gives us more cap space.

I wish we could of had an option year on it though.. but he might resign with Buffalo later on too. I suspect by then we should of won a Super Bowl so he will stick it out here.

Slim
02-12-2005, 05:05 PM
starting off the offseason on a good note :clap:

jchild178
02-12-2005, 10:41 PM
thanks eric! we're glad to have you in buffalo

The Natrix
02-13-2005, 04:03 AM
You da man Moulds. Stay as long as you want. You will always have a spot on the Bills. I don't care how old you are.

Finish what you started.

Bill Brasky
02-13-2005, 05:31 AM

:dance2: