PDA

View Full Version : Bills o-line and jp losman

shotgun
02-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Now that the buffalo bills and TD are just about to announce that jp losman will be the bills starter in 05 and cut drew bledsoe dose this mean we don't have to up grade our o-line because jp losman can flush the pocket and scramble for first downs un likes of drew bledsoe who was sacked 36 times last season. the only addressing the bills have to do to the o-line will be the re-signing of j. jennings . i think the bills are set @ o-line because of losman and set with the rest of the offense to make a strong run to and into the playoffs in 05..

gun

go bills!!!

tampabay25690
02-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Now that the buffalo bills and TD are just about to announce that jp losman will be the bills starter in 05 and cut drew bledsoe dose this mean we don't have to up grade our o-line because jp losman can flush the pocket and scramble for first downs un likes of drew bledsoe who was sacked 36 times last season. the only addressing the bills have to do to the o-line will be the re-signing of j. jennings . i think the bills are set @ o-line because of losman and set with the rest of the offense to make a strong run to and into the playoffs in 05..

gun

go bills!!!

You maybe right in a sense, I think we need to upgrade at the left guard position, I think Williams and Villarial are solid on the right, I would like the Bills to sign Jennings, Teague did a pretty good job. I would love them to go out and get another solid TE....

Novacane
02-13-2005, 12:51 PM
We still need to upgrade the line. Young QB's tend to hold the ball to long at times. Of course our line is used to that because our vet QB did the same thing

ScottLawrence
02-13-2005, 01:11 PM
Nah.

we NEED to upgrade the line.

Our run blocking was below average, and I think its essential to the success of Losman if we build a solid interior line for McGahee to run through.

OpIv37
02-13-2005, 01:14 PM
I agree with scott and regor- the Oline will need an upgrade. This is supposed to be a run-oriented team, and while the run blocking improved during the course of 2004, it needs to be stepped up a little. Again, I'm looking for an upgrade, not an overhaul- an addition of one big-time player and maybe a journeyman for some depth.

O line enhancements will take pressure off of JP in two ways- first, literally in passing situations, and second, by establishing the run and forcing the D to play honest and not blitz on every play (like they did to Bledsoe in '03 and the first 6 games of '04 when we couldn't run the ball).

Philagape
02-13-2005, 01:21 PM
OL is an area where you can never have enough.

buffalofan19
02-13-2005, 01:59 PM
O Line definitely needs upgrading, especially at the interior. Even a mobile QB can't do too much when a DT is in his face right after the snap. The Bills need another decent Guard, or a center and have Teague play guard.

shotgun
02-13-2005, 03:41 PM
i guess i was just thinking of the pass blocking and not thinking of the run blocking ...

gun

RedEyE
02-13-2005, 04:17 PM
You always, always, always upgrade the O-line.

ParanoidAndroid
02-13-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm not so sure the run blocking improved all that much. A large portion of McGahee's yards came when he bounced it outside and pushed the DB's out of his way. The interior of the line needs improvement, both center and left guard.

RedEyE
02-13-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm not so sure the run blocking improved all that much. A large portion of McGahee's yards came when he bounced it outside and pushed the DB's out of his way. The interior of the line needs improvement, both center and left guard.

I have to disagree. Watch an early '04 game with the Bills, then watch a late year game. The O-line improved 10 fold. They will have to adjust to JP's style of play.

Mahdi
02-13-2005, 06:03 PM
My thoughts exactly ...not only did he have to bounce his runs outside to make yards but he also had to do a lot of it after contact behind the LOS. If we can actually get McGahee running downhill b4 he gets hit he can have a huge year. But to do that, we do need an uprgrade at LG. I stilll dont know about Teague though.