• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shotgun
    stop smokeing for your own health
    • May 2004

Bills o-line and jp losman

Now that the buffalo bills and TD are just about to announce that jp losman will be the bills starter in 05 and cut drew bledsoe dose this mean we don't have to up grade our o-line because jp losman can flush the pocket and scramble for first downs un likes of drew bledsoe who was sacked 36 times last season. the only addressing the bills have to do to the o-line will be the re-signing of j. jennings . i think the bills are set @ o-line because of losman and set with the rest of the offense to make a strong run to and into the playoffs in 05..

gun

go bills!!!
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by shotgun
    Now that the buffalo bills and TD are just about to announce that jp losman will be the bills starter in 05 and cut drew bledsoe dose this mean we don't have to up grade our o-line because jp losman can flush the pocket and scramble for first downs un likes of drew bledsoe who was sacked 36 times last season. the only addressing the bills have to do to the o-line will be the re-signing of j. jennings . i think the bills are set @ o-line because of losman and set with the rest of the offense to make a strong run to and into the playoffs in 05..

gun

go bills!!!
    You maybe right in a sense, I think we need to upgrade at the left guard position, I think Williams and Villarial are solid on the right, I would like the Bills to sign Jennings, Teague did a pretty good job. I would love them to go out and get another solid TE....
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• regor
      • Jul 2002

We still need to upgrade the line. Young QB's tend to hold the ball to long at times. Of course our line is used to that because our vet QB did the same thing

Comment

• ScottLawrence
        • Jan 2004

Nah.

we NEED to upgrade the line.

Our run blocking was below average, and I think its essential to the success of Losman if we build a solid interior line for McGahee to run through.
        You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I agree with scott and regor- the Oline will need an upgrade. This is supposed to be a run-oriented team, and while the run blocking improved during the course of 2004, it needs to be stepped up a little. Again, I'm looking for an upgrade, not an overhaul- an addition of one big-time player and maybe a journeyman for some depth.

O line enhancements will take pressure off of JP in two ways- first, literally in passing situations, and second, by establishing the run and forcing the D to play honest and not blitz on every play (like they did to Bledsoe in '03 and the first 6 games of '04 when we couldn't run the ball).
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

OL is an area where you can never have enough.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• buffalofan19
              God's gift to the Zone
              • Dec 2004

O Line definitely needs upgrading, especially at the interior. Even a mobile QB can't do too much when a DT is in his face right after the snap. The Bills need another decent Guard, or a center and have Teague play guard.
              Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
              Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
              Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
              Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
              Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
              Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
              Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
              Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
              Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
              Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• shotgun
                stop smokeing for your own health
                • May 2004

i guess i was just thinking of the pass blocking and not thinking of the run blocking ...

gun

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

You always, always, always upgrade the O-line.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

I'm not so sure the run blocking improved all that much. A large portion of McGahee's yards came when he bounced it outside and pushed the DB's out of his way. The interior of the line needs improvement, both center and left guard.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by andyxc71
                      I'm not so sure the run blocking improved all that much. A large portion of McGahee's yards came when he bounced it outside and pushed the DB's out of his way. The interior of the line needs improvement, both center and left guard.
                      I have to disagree. Watch an early '04 game with the Bills, then watch a late year game. The O-line improved 10 fold. They will have to adjust to JP's style of play.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by andyxc71
                        My thoughts exactly ...not only did he have to bounce his runs outside to make yards but he also had to do a lot of it after contact behind the LOS. If we can actually get McGahee running downhill b4 he gets hit he can have a huge year. But to do that, we do need an uprgrade at LG. I stilll dont know about Teague though.

Comment

Working...
                        X