PDA

View Full Version : Oh No, that nasty B logo is resurfacing again...

Michael82
02-13-2005, 12:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=57988&item=3958029539&rd=1

http://jacketsetc.com/NFLpics/1043-b.jpg

http://jacketsetc.com/NFLpics/1043-a.jpg

OpIv37
02-13-2005, 12:27 PM
so what exactly does this mean? an indication that the team is changing? Seriously, I hope they don't. I think our logo is a great mix of the modern and the traditional- some times (like Cincinatti and Jacksonville) try way too hard to look hip, some teams (like Chicago and Cleveland) remain stuck in the past- I hope this is just merchandizing and not an actual switch.

Michael82
02-13-2005, 12:43 PM
It's probably just some more of the patch that got out and someone made a jacket with it. :idunno:

I do own one of the hats though, and it says prototype on it. :D

OpIv37
02-13-2005, 12:46 PM
If they do make that the logo, f it- I'm just going to buy a bunch of throwback merch with the original red Buffalo on it. Old skool!

Bills 4 life
02-13-2005, 12:52 PM
THAT SUCKKKKKSSSSS

Michael82
02-13-2005, 12:57 PM
If they do make that the logo, f it- I'm just going to buy a bunch of throwback merch with the original red Buffalo on it. Old skool!
I think it was 3 years ago or something like that...when they changed the uniform...that logo was leaked out, and it is a logo that the Bills copyrighted. There was even Reebok hats that were prototypes and were on ebay at one point. I think Ralph decided to scrap the idea. I hope he stays with that decision. Looking at that logo enlarged on the back of the jacket makes me :ill:.

Novacane
02-13-2005, 01:02 PM
. Looking at that logo enlarged on the back of the jacket makes me :ill:.

Don't lie. You were'nt looking at the logo in that picture. Your eyes were focused a couple feet lower :snicker:

The_Philster
02-13-2005, 01:04 PM
I think it was 4 years ago or something like that...when they changed the uniform...that logo was leaked out, and it is a logo that the Bills copyrighted. There was even Reebok hats that were prototypes and were on ebay at one point. I think Ralph decided to scrap the idea. I hope he stays with that decision. Looking at that logo enlarged on the back of the jacket makes me :ill:.

2 1/2 years ago...summer of 2002 was when the new uniforms were unveiled

Michael82
02-13-2005, 01:26 PM
2 1/2 years ago...summer of 2002 was when the new uniforms were unveiled
I thought it was about 3. Thanks Phil. :up:

buffalofan19
02-13-2005, 01:57 PM
If the Bills were planning on employing that logo in 2005, they would have announced it by now. Don't worry, the uniforms are staying the same, which is how it should be.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-13-2005, 03:44 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=57988&item=3958029539&rd=1

http://jacketsetc.com/NFLpics/1043-b.jpg

http://jacketsetc.com/NFLpics/1043-a.jpg

That thing is ugly it's uglier than the SABRES new logo (mad cow)

buffalofan19
02-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Don't start that crap about the Sabres logo. It's fine. If Sabres fans had a problem with it, they should have protested it immediately like the Islanders did with their "fishsticks" logo. But they didn't and merchandise sales rocketed. Now all of a sudden it's horrible? I

Anyway...back to the topic, that Bills logo is horrible.

chernobylwraiths
02-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Don't start that crap about the Sabres logo. It's fine. If Sabres fans had a problem with it, they should have protested it immediately like the Islanders did with their "fishsticks" logo. But they didn't and merchandise sales rocketed. Now all of a sudden it's horrible? I

Anyway...back to the topic, that Bills logo is horrible.

Big difference, the Sabres went to black silver and red. Colors which sell well with kids these days. Many DID protest the Sabres new uniform scheme, and many still want a return of the old Sabres crest.

buffalofan19
02-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Big difference, the Sabres went to black silver and red. Colors which sell well with kids these days. Many DID protest the Sabres new uniform scheme, and many still want a return of the old Sabres crest.
Aside from a few "old timers" calling the local radio stations, there wasn't much protest. Islanders fans held a formal protest, Sabres didn't. There was not much uprising at all about the uniform change. Now, 7 years later, it's too late. Now there is a nostalgic fad going around, because of this big Vintage thing going on nationally, but it will pass.

im4bflo
02-13-2005, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't buy a thing with that wussy logo on it, I'd stick with the old school for sure.
As far as the Sabres, my heart's still with the old blue and gold, but I like the new also, I'd like to see both used, hell, I'd just like to see them play again right now! :pray:

Historian
02-14-2005, 05:56 AM
The half of the guys head is funny...it looks like Tom Brady wearing a Bills jacket.

Bring back the red bison.

mybills
02-14-2005, 07:07 AM
Don't lie. You were'nt looking at the logo in that picture. Your eyes were focused a couple feet lower :snicker:
:naughty:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-14-2005, 10:46 AM
I guess I am the only one who kind of likes it? I would much prefer the old standing Bison but anything would be ok with me if we can get a new helmet.

That logo on a metallic charcoal helmet would be sweet.

Bill Brasky
02-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Why would they change our logo... it's one of the best in the league. I ****ing hate all this modern overhaul ****, just stick w/ what we have. The teams w/ the best uni's and logos are the teams that haven't changed. :down:

Perhaps the worst move would be to change the logo... the changing of the jersey's sucked, and the axing of the red end-zones was even worse :fury:

Michael82
02-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Why would they change our logo... it's one of the best in the league. I ****ing hate all this modern overhaul ****, just stick w/ what we have. The teams w/ the best uni's and logos are the teams that haven't changed. :down:

Perhaps the worst move would be to change the logo... the changing of the jersey's sucked, and the axing of the red end-zones was even worse :fury:
Good post. :bf1:

dannyek71
02-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Wow that guys butt is hot
wow

pleasesavedrew
02-14-2005, 01:39 PM
the b logo is hot, i think we should em both. i have a b logo hat and wear it all the time.

BuffaloRanger
02-14-2005, 02:17 PM
The Bills jerseys are missing just one thing...A TEAM NAME OR LOGO!!

Seriously how pathetic is that? Every other team in the NFL either has a team logo on the sleeves or the team name under the V collar. Not the Bills.

How about just adding the word "BILLS" in red block letters right under the V neck?

OpIv37
02-14-2005, 02:20 PM

Seriously how pathetic is that? Every other team in the NFL either has a team logo on the sleeves or the team name under the V collar. Not the Bills.

How about just adding the word "BILLS" in red block letters right under the V neck?
nahh- I just got a McGahee jersey for Christmas and don't want it to be outdated just yet.

Michael82
02-14-2005, 03:02 PM

I'd love that. It's always been one of my petpeeves.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-14-2005, 03:14 PM

Ok with me as long as it isn't those gay block letters from the 80s...

jamze132
02-14-2005, 03:29 PM
I like the 50 yd. logo but the endzones have to go. Bring back the red. Or if they're feeling giddy, throw in the Sabres logo and say Bettman sucks!