This upcoming season is making me nervous....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

This upcoming season is making me nervous....

because we're putting all our faith into a virtual rookie. Don't get me wrong- eventually we're going to have to develop JP and Drew hasn't been getting it done. But since it looks like Drew's going to leave, I'm really starting to worry. If JP gets hurt or just doesn't play well, the list of jokers, has-beens and pretenders being thrown around as his back up is flat out scary.

I really want to see what JP can do, but TD and company are betting the farm on him. Our whole season and our future are in his hands now.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Big M
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
    , the list of jokers, has-beens and pretenders being thrown around as his back up is flat out scary.
    As along as the cursed #11 jersey is not worn, we're fine.

Comment

• regor
      • Jul 2002

I'd rather be worried because an untested QB is starting than depressed because a proven failure is starting

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i am really getting sick of people referring to jp as a rookie.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          He said virtual rookie..which is what he is.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• DanS
            • Feb 2005

kordell is still out there lol

Comment

• regor
              • Jul 2002

A virtual rookie only in playing time. He still has had a year to learn the play book and become comfortable with the big change from college to NFL life. The setback from his injury is overhyped IMO

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                He said virtual rookie..which is what he is.
                he will have 2 training camps under his belt.. a complete understanding of the playbook.. a full season of watching and learning.. and got some game experience..

i guess marcus price was a virtual rookie too when we got him, even though he had been in the nfl for 6 year?

give me a break...

either he is a green rookie who doesnt know the nfl at all.. or he isnt.

losman isnt.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                  • Jan 2004

Im not nervous at all.

I expect JP to struggle early and often.

I'll start to worry if his play doesn't improve as the season goes on.
                  You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DanS
                    kordell is still out there lol
                    I'd rather bring back Ferguson....he may be ancient but at least he has a brain.
                    he will have 2 training camps under his belt.. a complete understanding of the playbook.. a full season of watching and learning.. and got some game experience..

i guess marcus price was a virtual rookie too when we got him, even though he had been in the nfl for 6 year?

give me a break...

either he is a green rookie who doesnt know the nfl at all.. or he isnt.

losman isnt.
                    What was I thinking...practice time means nothing
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by regor
                      A virtual rookie only in playing time. He still has had a year to learn the play book and become comfortable with the big change from college to NFL life. The setback from his injury is overhyped IMO
                      First, as Phil pointed out, I said "virtual rookie". And second, in terms of playing time, he might as well be a rookie. He played in what- 3 or 4 games and never even played a full quarter on his own. He only threw a handful of passes. Yes, a year on the sidelins learning the playbook and the NFL lifestyle help, but it won't prepare a QB for the full speed and force of a live NFL game. This year will be his first year of playing when the the game still matters.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

What was I thinking...practice time means nothing
                        if you think practice time means nothing, then your a

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

if you think practice time means nothing, then your a
                          You're the one implying that practice time means nothing...or did you forget all the time that JP missed due to injury?

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

fine.. your right.. having a year to learn the playbook.. and 2 years of training camp under his belt.. and some game experience.. means nothing.. your right..

i would much rather just draft a guy who is green and toss him in.. i mean, because that is essentially what losman is.. he is a virtual rookie who has no advantages over anyone we draft this year.. he will forget everything he learned and he gained nothing from over a year of being part of an nfl team and getting snaps with the first team and playing in some games. nothing at all.. i am sure jp would agree competely.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

You're the one implying that practice time means nothing...or did you forget all the time that JP missed due to injury?

he got plenty of practice time.. his time he was down with the leg injury, which was what, 6 weeks?, he got ahead of the game learning the playbook.

not to mention he is back in buffalo practicing 2 months ahead of time..

Comment

Working...
                              X