• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shotgun
    stop smokeing for your own health
    • May 2004

would u forgive norwood

hay guys this has been on my mind for weeks now that when the bills win the superbowl will us fans for give norwood like the redsoxs fans forgave buckner i think i would i was just woundering if u all would...

go bills in 05
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Hell, I'd give OJ a hug if the Bills won a super bowl

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
      • Aug 2004

I'd hug the midget if it means we win the Stupid bowl.
      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

absolutely- norwood was a good player for this team- unfortunately he missed the biggest kick of his career, but football's a team game and his team didn't do him any favors by putting him in that position.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Considering I don't have a problem with Norwood (the defense lost that game), what would I be forgiving him for?
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• shotgun
            • May 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
            Considering I don't have a problem with Norwood (the defense lost that game), what would I be forgiving him for?
            um maybe u should read the story line of superbowl 25 and u might see what this is all about

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

The story line of that game was Bill Belichick's defensive plan, as well as the Giant's ability to grind out insanely long drives.

Thurman Thomas had 199 total yards in that game, and averaged 9 yards a touch. And we still lost on a 47 yard FG, absolutely not a gimmie off a grass field.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shotgun
                um maybe u should read the story line of superbowl 25 and u might see what this is all about
                I know all about Superbowl XXV...which is why I don't blame Norwood for missing a kick that everyone knows was outside his range. All we had to do to win that game was make some tackles. That was the poorest tackling job that I've ever seen out of the Buffalo Bills.
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• shotgun
                  • May 2004

That was the poorest tackling job that I've ever seen out of the Buffalo Bills.[/QUOTE]

that is right in the 3rd quter did'int anderson brake 3 tackles in a row on the same play that was whored

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shotgun
                    That was the poorest tackling job that I've ever seen out of the Buffalo Bills.
                    that is right in the 3rd quter did'int anderson brake 3 tackles in a row on the same play that was whored
                    And Mark Ingram broke 4 tackles on a 3rd and 13 play for a first down on the Giants' final scoring drive http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3358026
                    Check out the book Buffalo Bills and the Almost-Dream Season by Vic Carucci for a good insight into the 1990 Buffalo Bills and what actually happened. I bought it and it really opened up my eyes to what Scotty was going through that day.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Jan 2004

What's to forgive him for he did his job the ball just sailed WR and what a 47 yd. FG isn't that easy to make especially with :08 sec. left on the clock. Guys we better get rid of this post before you know who sees it Mr. Right.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

I never blamed Norwood for that loss. It's not as if he missed a chip shot. Remember the ovation he got during the post-superbowl celebration? If/when they win the Superbowl, then all these years of disappointment will be erased.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                          Exactly. The game was not Norwood's fault at all. In addition he stood up like a man afterwards (unlike Ronnie Harmon after he dropped the pass in Cleveland).
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                            • Jul 2002

We're up 12-3 and the Giants don't have a clue.
                            After the B Smith sack/safety and punt, Al Edwards drops a Kelly third down pass deep in G'man territory.

If Al catches that pass we're first and ten, deep in their zone, against an defense that has not stopped us in two games, (remember, we handled them in NY a week or so prior), and with an offense that can't come from behind.

The missed third down when Kelly hit Al Edwards in between the 8 and the 5 lost that game.

Norwood hammered that kick.
                            It wasn't his fault.

The scenario I laid out above, and Kelly's undisciplined manner of being unwilling to give up the no huddle and hand it to Thomas every play instead of his too much passing strategy cost us that championship.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

from the book...page 230

But it only had to go 47. Not that that was gimme range by any means. It was far for most kickers, and especially far for Norwood. So he had concentrated on distance more than acuracy. He had set out to transfer as much power as he could from his 6'0", 200-pound frame into his right leg. The last thing in the world he wanted to do was leave it short.
                              He went 6 of 10 on attempts between 40 and 49 yards that season...32 of 52 for his career up to that point. He made kicks from that distance during the pregame warmups by doing exactly what he did on that fateful kick. It wasn't meant to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X