PDA

View Full Version : We mustn't Boo Losman

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Now that J.P. is the starting QB, He's still a young kid and he's going to make mistakes and I don't think we should boo or curse him out if he does something wrong. Like he did against the Patidiots in that Sun. night game when he threw the ball right into the hands of the New England player. He's going have to hop on the :shortbus: and go to school (the Ralph) and watch :movie: of how to become a QB in the NFL and it's going to take some time. Heck even Kelly made mistakes when he was a rookie didn't he? and did we boo or curse him out?

TheBrownBear
02-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Wishful thinking. As soon as JP makes a mistake, the "Bills Supporting" DLC members will jump all over him. DLC -> "Losman-Haters". Just wait and see.

generalmills
02-13-2005, 07:34 PM
I want JP to succeed just as much as the next guy... but he should not be protected from criticism.. its the nature of the beast for an NFL player to be held accountable by the fan base and media when he plays poorly or makes a mistake..
even if your favorite player makes a mistake you still have the right to be criticle of him. Its the nature of the game.

buffalofan19
02-13-2005, 08:28 PM
I look at it like this. To me, the playoffs are a must in '05. If Tom Donahoe believes Losman is the guy to get them there, then so be it. If the Bills don't make it, and Losman has something to do with that, then I am going to be upset, just like I'm going to be upset at anyone else whose play will hold the team back. This team is in too good a shape right now for another "rebuilding" year, and time is running out for some of these guys. The Bills have been out for far too long.

That being said, my prediction for the Bills is 8-8 at best. The learning curves and the mistakes are probably going to be more than some people seem to think. Ben Roethlisberger has spoiled alot of people. You are probably not going to see that type of instant success again for a long time.

Kerr
02-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Everyone should give Losman a chance. He's our future, has loads of potential and throws a flaming bean burrito.

YardRat
02-13-2005, 10:29 PM
No coddling at the QB position...comes with the territory.

I used to curse JK when he threw a dumb-ass interception into triple coverage at the end of a close game we ended up losing.

If it's good enough for Jimbo, it's good enough for JP.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-14-2005, 07:48 AM
Asking Bills fans not to boo the quarterback is like asking people not to drink on St. Pattys day.

Tatonka
02-14-2005, 08:24 AM
anyone who boos losman is not a really bills fan and should go find another team to root for!!!!

:D

wow.. being part of the JPLC is great! way easier than being logical and rational like the amigos...

I hearby anounce that i will blindly follow jp losman into an 0-16 record and shift blame to everyone else around him, to keep him from feeling any responsibility from any team struggles! it is now a team game and the whole team is to blame for anything that happens (except jp of course)

Patti120
02-14-2005, 08:31 AM
I will probably boo the hell out of him and increase my Sunday drinking in proportion to my frustration.

In all honesty though, I don't think that he should be ushered in with immunity from criticism. Everyone should know that he's a young qb and will make mistakes but if they want to boo him then go right ahead. Sometimes booing someone or screaming at the TV or jumping out of your seat and cursing the hell out of someone is something you can't control.

We can all just hope that he doesn't look or perform any worse than Bledsoe has over the past couple of years. I hope that TD and Company knew what they were doing when they drafted him. (Sam Adams on NFL network said that TD is very slow and methodical when it comes to drafting so hopefully what they analyzed and saw in JP will be seen by us all this year.) Also, the fact that he's in Buffalo in the weight room and studying is encouraging, but only his play throughout the year will dictate our feelings about him.

Jan Reimers
02-14-2005, 08:33 AM
If JP fails, let's just consider it Drew's fault - for incompetent mentoring. After all, everything that has gone wrong for the Bills the last three years has been blamed on Bledsoe.

Tatonka
02-14-2005, 08:38 AM
If JP fails, let's just consider it Drew's fault - for incompetent mentoring. After all, everything that has gone wrong for the Bills the last three years has been blamed on Bledsoe.

i could not agree with you more..

It looks like the Amigos need to stay together until JP wins us a superbowl and we are positive that Drew is not effecting the team, even in an indirect way!

Good work, Jan. way to pick that up! :up:

:clap:

BuffaloRanger
02-14-2005, 02:57 PM
The only QB that Buffalo has EVER developed from scratch that has been remotely good has been Joe Ferguson. And he had OJ to hand the ball off to for years. And they were still one of the worst teams in the NFL in the 70s.

Wyche and Clements have their work cut out for them. Not making the playoffs would be a disappointment.

My View: Drew has to go. JP has to be better.

ddaryl
02-14-2005, 03:20 PM
If the Bills start off 0-4 expect it !!!

Hopefully Losman can learn to read D's make read progressions, and get the ball off in less then 3 - 4 seconds. Otherwise it will be more of the same.

jamze132
02-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Damn people, JP hasn't even officially been named the starter yet. TD also hasn't officially anounced the status of Drew next year. Why are we trying to figure out how we are going to react to JP's learning curve and how good we are going to be next year with JP? It may seem obvious that JP will be starting but theres nothing official yet.

Morgoth
02-14-2005, 06:02 PM
We mustn't boo Losman? Mustn't? Who says "mustn't"? I can't even take this thread seriously with that title.

The_Philster
02-14-2005, 06:12 PM
being logical and rational like the amigos... :roflmao:

DynaPaul
02-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Losman WILL make mistakes... But, he will also learn from them. He can't be any worse than an unnamed statuesque QB we all know who hasn't learned much from all his years in the league.

Bill Brasky
02-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Now that J.P. is the starting QB, He's still a young kid and he's going to make mistakes and I don't think we should boo or curse him out if he does something wrong. Like he did against the Patidiots in that Sun. night game when he threw the ball right into the hands of the New England player. He's going have to hop on the :shortbus: and go to school (the Ralph) and watch :movie: of how to become a QB in the NFL and it's going to take some time. Heck even Kelly made mistakes when he was a rookie didn't he? and did we boo or curse him out?

I will boo whoever I want.

Slim
02-14-2005, 07:54 PM
ya to bad he wont hear me booing from CALI, any way go bills good luck losman