Mr. Cynical
02-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Hope you are watching the pro bowl.

ajsdx
02-13-2005, 09:06 PM
wut's he doin'?

Mr. Cynical
02-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Proving he can throw as well as run. I don't care if it's the pro bowl, you still have to make the throws. And he did.

RedEyE
02-13-2005, 09:17 PM
So?

1st: Defenses are not allowed to blitz in the Pro Bowl.

2nd: The Pro Bowl averages over 70pts a game.

The Pro Bowl is built for fan enjoyment. The NFL prefers an offensive tilted game.

Dozerdog
02-13-2005, 09:17 PM
You're kidding- right?

You are basing his greatness on the pro- bowl?

Blitzes aren't allowed, defenses don't really care - they are all going for interceptions instead of making the stop.

LarryBoy
02-13-2005, 09:18 PM
I dont care what hes doing in the Pro Bowl , Vick gets my vote for "most over rated player in the NFC".

Kerr
02-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Vick and company are a good receiver away from making the superbowl. Peerless is nothing more than a good #2 receiver. If they got Moss, look out.

Mr. Cynical
02-13-2005, 09:24 PM
You're kidding- right?

You are basing his greatness on the pro- bowl?

Blitzes aren't allowed, defenses don't really care - they are all going for interceptions instead of making the stop.How did McNabb do?

How about Daunte?

How about Brady?

Manning has been the only other productive QB, which is to be expected. So don't tell me it doesn't mean anything. Those defenses are still playing hard and not to mention they are all All-Stars. If it was tjat easy, all the QBs would be doing well. Bottom line - you still have to make the throws and he has.

You just have a hard on for Vick for whatever reason.

Dozerdog
02-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Does anyone else here have Sirius satelite?

On the NFL channel this week he was interviewed and he pretty much threw his OL and some of his recievers under the bus.

Mr. Cynical
02-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Does anyone else here have Sirius satelite?

On the NFL channel this week he was interviewed and he pretty much threw his OL and some of his recievers under the bus.
And this has what exactly to do with his passing ability?

Dozerdog
02-13-2005, 09:27 PM
How did McNabb do?

How about Daunte?

How about Brady?

Manning has been the only other productive QB, which is to be expected. So don't tell me it doesn't mean anything. Those defenses are still playing hard and not to mention they are all All-Stars.

You just have a hard on for Vick for whatever reason.
OK- if that is what you want to beleive- keep repeating it to yourself.

Vick is a dangerous NFL weapon with his feet. But as a QB, he's over rated. Unless he greatly improves his passing game, he will get himself injured someday soom with his reckless play.

Bill Brasky
02-13-2005, 09:29 PM
Proving he can throw as well as run. I don't care if it's the pro bowl, you still have to make the throws. And he did.

Coming from the same guy who *****es about Bledsoe having good games against "bad teams"... but when Vick does it against 2nd or 3rd string D's in the pro-bowl who aren't even trying, he's good. :snicker: :loser:

Athlete wise - Vick is one of the best
QB wise - one of the most overrated and it annoys the **** out of me when people constantly want to give him props.

Dozerdog
02-13-2005, 09:30 PM
And this has what exactly to do with his passing ability?
You would think just as a team mate- let alone a team leader- he would not be calling out and embarassing his guys.

Did you hear the interview?

Mr. Cynical
02-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Coming from the same guy who *****es about Bledsoe having good games against "bad teams"... but when Vick does it against 2nd or 3rd string D's in the pro-bowl who aren't even trying, he's good. :snicker: :loser:

Athlete wise - Vick is one of the best
QB wise - one of the most overrated and it annoys the **** out of me when people constantly want to give him props.
2nd or 3rd string Ds?

***NEWSFLASH: This is the PRO-BOWL. Everyone on the field is a PRO.****

And who said they aren't trying? How do you know?

Finally, if they all weren't trying, how do you explain the struggling of the other QBs?

Vick is fast becoming an elite QB, whether you like it or not. He's only played 2 full seasons. It's scary to think what he will be like when he gets more experience.

Mr. Cynical
02-13-2005, 09:34 PM
You would think just as a team mate- let alone a team leader- he would not be calling out and embarassing his guys.

Did you hear the interview?
Again, what does that have to do with his passing ability? You have continually said he can't throw, that he only has his legs.

His attitude, comments, etc. are completely irrelevant to this conversation.

Dozerdog
02-13-2005, 09:35 PM
Brady and McNabb showed up (barely) late due to the super Bowl (and post super bowl commitments) and played minimal time. They aren't trying very hard.

Dozerdog
02-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Whups...Vick coughs it up...:snicker:

Bill Brasky
02-13-2005, 09:44 PM
2nd or 3rd string Ds?

***NEWSFLASH: This is the PRO-BOWL. Everyone on the field is a PRO.****

And who said they aren't trying? How do you know?

Finally, if they all weren't trying, how do you explain the struggling of the other QBs?

Vick is fast becoming an elite QB, whether you like it or not. He's only played 2 full seasons. It's scary to think what he will be like when he gets more experience.

:rofl:

NEWSFLASH... everyteam has a 53 man roster filled full of Pro's. Big Deal... the pro bowl is a joke. You think a guy like McNabb or Brady is gonna show up and wanna post 3 or 4 TD's on a defense? Hell no... I'd expect that crap outta Vick, cuz he knows everybody in the free world realizes he's incompetent as a QB. See below...

Brady and McNabb showed up (barely) late due to the super Bowl (and post super bowl commitments) and played minimal time. They aren't trying very hard.

Mr. Cynical
02-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Whups...Vick coughs it up...:snicker::rolleyes:

....and then picked it back up and gained 5 more yards. Just like Drew would have.

:roflmao:

I never said he was perfect. Show me a QB who is. The point still remains that he played a very good game IN THE AIR, something which you say he can't do.

Bill Brasky
02-13-2005, 09:47 PM
:rolleyes:

....and then picked it back up and gained 5 more yards. Just like Drew would have.

:roflmao:

I never said he was perfect. Show me a QB who is. The point still remains that he played a very good game IN THE AIR, something which you say he can't do.

Closet Falcons fan here at the zone :limp: :snicker:

Dozerdog
02-13-2005, 09:53 PM
*cough* *Cough* ....... Coughed it up to Clements

Mr. Cynical
02-13-2005, 09:54 PM
"But it was a tipped ball"

"The WR had both hands on it"

"It's a team game"

This is a recording from the Dozerdog library.

Bill Brasky
02-13-2005, 09:56 PM

"It's a team game"

:lol:

Novacane
02-13-2005, 09:58 PM

"It's a team game"

:rofl:

EDS
02-14-2005, 08:18 AM
Vick is a great athlete and has a fantastic arm but he still does not have the finer nuances of the QB position down. He certainly has the physical talent to be an all time great but he is nowhere near there yet. To cite his play in the pro bowl as an example of his improvement is nonsenical. I would happily take Manning, McNabb, Brady, Culpeper, etc. any day of the week over Vick - and I am sure almost every GM in the league agrees with me.

Jan Reimers
02-14-2005, 08:24 AM
I think the NFL should waive the "retired 5 years" requirement and enshrine Vick in the Hall of Fame immediately. . .

Jan Reimers
02-14-2005, 08:25 AM
In the Great Player in Meaningless Games category.

Tatonka
02-14-2005, 08:48 AM
another reason that vick played well is that the FALCONS coaching staff was calling the plays.. gee.. think he might be a bit more familiar with the calls? think the coaching staff had an easier time working with him?

i love vick.. he is my alum.. but he is not gods gift to football.. he is not a good passing qb right now.. and i dont know if he ever will be.. and i think he career will be short.

Gunzlingr
02-14-2005, 08:54 AM
another reason that vick played well is that the FALCONS coaching staff was calling the plays.. gee.. think he might be a bit more familiar with the calls? think the coaching staff had an easier time working with him?

i love vick.. he is my alum.. but he is not gods gift to football.. he is not a good passing qb right now.. and i dont know if he ever will be.. and i think he career will be short.

:shocked:

:D

Vick had no business being in the Pro-Bowl. Just goes to show that it is all based on hype rather than performance.