PDA

View Full Version : Well, I read Marv Levy's book this weekend...

Earthquake Enyart
02-14-2005, 07:37 AM
If you are a hard core Bills fan, there is little revelation in this book.

The first 100 or so pages are about early in Marv's life. :z: The one interesting thing in that part was about when he was HC at William and Mary in the early 60's and they upset Navy in one of the biggest upsets ever. (Back then, Navy had good teams with players like Roger Staubach). W&M's QB on that day? None other than Dan Darragh. :snicker:

Actually, the part about his CFL and KC years was a little interesting, but a little self serving. The GM is a dufus, Marv is a genius, type stuff, even though Marv's demise in KC was centered around not being able to pick between Steve Fuller and Bill Kenney.

The Bills stuff is certainly disappointing. It would have been neat if he shed a little light on the Polian departure, but he sidestepped that. He says he talked to Ralph a lot, but really doesn't shed any light on what these conversations were. He does go on and on and on extolling the virtues of many of the players, so if you enjoy reading about how great Tasker, Hull, Kelly, Bennett, et al were.... this is the book for you. Like I said before, if you are a solid fan, there is little new in here.

I was disappointed.

ct bills fan
02-14-2005, 09:32 AM
I liked the parts about trading for Bennett and drafting Thomas. Levy said to Polian we were giving too much up for Bennett and Pitts (Rb coach) urged the Bills to draft Thomas, saying" Thomas was his top rated rb." Despite Thomas's questinable knee the rest of the group said, what the heck and drafted him. I thought those 2 parts provided some insider insight. He sidestepped the Dickerson issue, never brought it up.