02-14-2005, 04:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1991516

Bill Brasky
02-14-2005, 04:22 PM
no way is he gonna wanna be a backup.

Iehoshua
02-14-2005, 04:25 PM
no way is he gonna wanna be a backup.
I agree. With the limited weapons and injuries :limp: had in Cleve-land hindering him, he should be able to get a starting gig elsewhere. I do concur I'd take him as a backup.

Tatonka
02-14-2005, 04:29 PM
he would be a great back up.. expecially with an offense built for a mobile qb.

Kerr
02-14-2005, 04:32 PM
TD sign him up.

generalmills
02-14-2005, 04:46 PM
word around Detroit has him as a strong possibility to go there and have an open competition for the starting job against Harrington. He has the connection with Mooch aswell from his San Fran days.
I would take him as a backup in a heartbeat, but he will be looking for a starting position.

Slim
02-14-2005, 04:54 PM
i would be thrilled...a lil creeped out but thirlled, i just wouldnt watch any more post game interveiws........

Bill Brasky
02-14-2005, 05:01 PM
They just made it official... he is out of Cleveland

Kerr
02-14-2005, 05:39 PM
word around Detroit has him as a strong possibility to go there and have an open competition for the starting job against Harrington. He has the connection with Mooch aswell from his San Fran days.
I would take him as a backup in a heartbeat, but he will be looking for a starting position.
Yeah I would taking him before taking holcomb or signing matthews back. He could probably win the starting job seeing as how Harrington is on his way to becoming a 1st round dissapointment. With all the weapons they have on offense, he could probably end up taking them to the playoffs. He'll probably end up trying to sign there before he considers a definite backup spot. Another possibility could have been seattle, but it all depends on what happens with farve in green bay. Hassleback would sign with Green Bay if farve retired.

THATHURMANATOR
02-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Screw Detroit we should get him. I would even save a seat for his wife in our section.

THATHURMANATOR
02-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Who is going to play QB for the Browns this year by the way?

Kerr
02-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Who is going to play QB for the Browns this year by the way?
It's a good deal for Holcomb. Now that garcia is cut, the chances of him coming back to Cleveland are good because he would be the undisputed starter. Mcnown and Harris are the backups, and they are not ready to lead the offense.

The_Philster
02-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Screw Detroit we should get him. I would even save a seat for his wife in our section.

She could sit in my lap :naughty:

BAM
02-14-2005, 06:57 PM
I'd take him. If Bled leaves that is.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-14-2005, 07:02 PM
I don't want no :lolpoint: GAY quarterbacks on this team! he's gay you know that don't you

The_Philster
02-14-2005, 07:12 PM
I don't want no :lolpoint: GAY quarterbacks on this team! he's gay you know that don't you

got any proof of that? just because a loudmouth like TO says it, doesn't make it so

EDS
02-14-2005, 07:13 PM

That is a mature comment.

Philagape
02-14-2005, 07:14 PM
I think Garcia would be a good backup to JP because they're both pretty mobile ... they could run the same rollout plays

Ickybaluky
02-15-2005, 07:02 AM

The guy is dating an ex-Playboy centerfold. His ex-girlfriend tried to beat her up in a bar last year.

If he is gay, that is damn good cover. Just because he talks is a soft voice doesn't make him gay.

Besides, if he can play and win games, I'm not sure anyone would care.

OpIv37
02-15-2005, 07:11 AM

if he wins, I don't care who he bangs in the hotel after the game.

don137
02-15-2005, 07:49 AM
With Hasselback, Warner, Bledsoe and Garcia out there in the off-seeason it is not out of the realm of possibilities Garcia or Warner end up here as a backup. Don't forget the Chargers will be trading Brees. That's a lot of veteran QBs.

Wheresthekgun
02-19-2005, 05:30 PM
Watch holcomb leave the browns and couch come back lmfao..... we dont need holcomb or garcia we need mcnabb lol good ol SU....stick with losman maybe draft a QB in the draft kyle orton...Adrian Mcpherson.. and so on good would make for good cap space and if losman fails maybe we can bring up another young QB who can suceed. Mcpherson had his downfalls with FSU but has been in the AFL putting touch on his cannon. He is moble fast and has a arm like you woldnt believe and he's putting touch on it he is a steal i feel....

STAMPY
02-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Bills 7 would love to have tim couch be our back up

imbondz
02-19-2005, 06:32 PM
could the Browns be any worse of an NFL organization

Novacane
02-19-2005, 07:19 PM
The guy is dating an ex-Playboy centerfold. His ex-girlfriend tried to beat her up in a bar last year.

If he is gay, that is damn good cover. Just because he talks is a soft voice doesn't make him gay.

Besides, if he can play and win games, I'm not sure anyone would care.

OK, so he's bi-sexual :D