X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

Many Miami fans are ignorant

There may be a few exceptions, such as AC who posted on another thread a classy message congratulating the Bills and admitting the Bills got them.

Can anyone blieve some Miami fans think the REFS won the game for Buffalo? How ignorant is that?! They obviously forget the clear fumble by Ricky Williams and recovery by Coy Wire in the 2nd quarter that was taken away by a ref too quick with the whistle. That led to a Miami TD, when the Bills should have had the ball.

Did the Bills get any breaks? Drew's QB sneak came after the play clock expired, but so what? Wasn't it 2nd down? Hardly a potential turnover/turning point that the Ricky fumble was.

Only a moron would blame the refs for the Miami loss. Congrats to those Miami fans smart enough to realize the Bills whacked the Fins!
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!
  • BigDoug
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Dolphan06, is the biggest whiner/ignoramus over there....oh, and he's a mod

Comment

• WCoastFin
      I have the arms of a new born baby!
      • Jul 2002

I dont blame the refs for us losing, however they did do a horrible job in officiating...Im not sure if it was becuz of the weather or not, but there were lots of plays that couldve been called like the personal foul from Fletcher on R.Williams after the play was dead...But I still dont blame them for our loss....it was our Defense that lost us the game...they didnt capalize on those 5 Interceptions.
      We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WCoastFin
        ....it was our Defense that lost us the game...they didnt capalize on those 5 Interceptions.
        did I sit through a different game...says here Drew didn't throw any INTs.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• WCoastFin
          I have the arms of a new born baby!
          • Jul 2002

I meant Would-be INTs....they didnt capalize on those INTs that were in there hands.
          We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WCoastFin
            I meant Would-be INTs....they didnt capalize on those INTs that were in there hands.
            that still equals ZERO REAL INTs...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Voltron
              • Jul 2002

Once again December has roared it's ugly head at the Dolfelons!
              Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
              - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
              -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
              - Mark Twain

Comment

• Phins054
                Legitimate businessman..."waste" management
                • Jul 2002

Bottom line is that the refs have the authority to go and make the right call. It shouldn't matter whether its "reviewable" or not. As I stated in another thread...The Refs should always go to the right lengths to make the right call.

The refs didn't hand you the game...you earned it. BUT the refs definately helped you get the momentum. If you get penalized and move the ball back 5 yds on a delay penalty, your play calling would have changed. Maybe we hold you to a FG. Or cause a turnover. Bottom line is that the refs DID hand you 6 points.
                Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff...

Comment

• clumping platelets

IF the refs make the right call........Miami doesn't score to make it 14-3. The score would have been 7-3 and Bills ball at about the Bills20. HUGE difference in blown calls. Blowing a call on a fumble means that change of possession doesn't occur as it should, whereas, the refs missing the play clock, only moves the Bills back to the 7 yd line and 2 or 3 chances to score TD. What about Chambers slipping and falling in the endzone and that phantom pass interference.

Maybe if your secondary could frickin catch

Refs don't fumble or throw ducks like did

Comment

• dolfan25
                    Clements & Mulakey I'm taking you down next
                    • Jul 2002

Do you really know what ignorant means?

People being loyal to their team is not ignorance. Supporting players and teams makes people cloud their judgement with certain biases. If I told you a Bills fan said that Thurman was better than Jim Brown would you call him ignorant or just an unapologetic Bills homer. I'd say he's the latter.

I would say that you using the word ignorant shows your ignorance.

Comment

• dolfan25
                      • Jul 2002

Geez

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                      IF the refs make the right call........Miami doesn't score to make it 14-3. The score would have been 7-3 and Bills ball at about the Bills20. HUGE difference in blown calls. Blowing a call on a fumble means that change of possession doesn't occur as it should, whereas, the refs missing the play clock, only moves the Bills back to the 7 yd line and 2 or 3 chances to score TD. What about Chambers slipping and falling in the endzone and that phantom pass interference.

Maybe if your secondary could frickin catch

Refs don't fumble or throw ducks like did

for a guy who has 10x the education I have, this is the first time I've seen you put a post together with more than 6 words. Good job.

Comment

• Xtreme
                        • Dec 2002

The reason there was no call on Fletcher on R.Williams, is because Ricky saw him and ducked outta the way. If he just stood there and took the hit it deffinitly would have been called. I agree the refs have to do a much better job. The call on Clements for PI in the endzone was stupid. Chambers slips it was niether Clements or Chambers faults. You cant call penalties for bad conditions.
                        I See Said The Blind Ref Peeing In The Wind

Comment

• The Natrix
                          • Jul 2002

The Clements call was xtreme BS!

Welcome to the Zone Xtreme!!!

Byrd.

Comment

• Andrea1234
                            • Oct 2002

the dolphfins are mad because they lost and the bills won and we are 1 game behind 1st place :) hopefully we can do NE in on sunday

Comment

• dolfan25
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Andrea1234
                              the dolphfins are mad because they lost and the bills won and we are 1 game behind 1st place :) hopefully we can do NE in on sunday
                              Great insight

Comment

Working...
                              X