• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Some things that need to be cleared up on Losman

1) Whoever boos him, should quit watching football PERIOD! He is a ROOKIE. it will take YEARS for him to develop. DEAL WITH IT! This time in Bills history has been coming since Jim Kelly retired. We have had FA's Trades etc and ALL have sucked. YES Flutie SUCKED!

DRAFT a QB and DEVELOP him. and to do that it takes TIME. I for one am willing to live through an 8-8 season with a kid that may be the final piece to winning a friggin superbowl!

2) Enough of people saying 'don't HAND it to him'. EVERY First round QB has his job HANDED to him. That is just the way it is and will always be. Bledsoe had his HANDED to him as a rookie. As did Kelly, Elway, Marino, and on and on and on. So enough of the stupidity in the form of 'Make him compete'. No coach that wants to keep his job though the last preseason game splits up VALUABLE reps with the first team during preseason. IT NEVER HAPPENS!

Look JP losman would have been drafted in the first round by St.Louis or more importantly Green Bay. This kid IS a first round talent with heart and fire the likes that havent been seen since Kelly. Give the damn kid a shot.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

If he doesnt play well he is going to get booed. Thats the way it goes, he is no exception to the rule. The media will be all over his ass as well, should he be excused from press conferences?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I'm not willing to tolerate 8-8. This team has worked too hard and developed too well to be 8-8 because of some hotshot rookie. If Losman gets the nod, he damn well better be ready to WIN. The defense and special teams are excellent- if it takes 2-3 seasons for Losman to learn to win, FA and age will have torn this team apart and we'll be in the dreaded "r" word again- rebuilding.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

It needs to be willis, willis, willis the first three weeks hopefully that will be enough time for JP to get his game going.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

JP should be booed only for absolutely stupid plays or arrogant behavior. If he makes honest rookie mistakes - which he will - we should keep our mouths shut.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            JP should be booed only for absolutely stupid plays or arrogant behavior. If he makes honest rookie mistakes - which he will - we should keep our mouths shut.
            Most Bills fans are not stupid, they will cut him more slack then drew.
            It was all

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              realistically, though, I think he'll be booed a lot. Whether he deserves it is not the issue- the point is we've been looking for a decent QB since Kelly retired back in- when was it, 96, 97? Todd Collins and Rob Johnson were just awful. Flutie had his moments and was certainly exciting to watch, but lacks some fundamental elements of what it takes to be an NFL QB and struggled at times. Bledsoe came in with high expectations, and met them early on (at least with stats if not with victories), then struggled through the next 2 1/2 years. JP will be taking the heat for a lot of fan frustration that's not his fault.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Big M
                • Jan 2004

People are going to cheer and boo. That's the nature of the fan, right or wrong. Losman will make his mistakes, based on inexperience. How a 12 year Vet could make some of the mistakes I witnessed the last 2 years was beyond belief. We won many games in SPITE of Bledsoe playing poorly.

The Bills went 9-7,due to an unusual amount of big plays/TD's form the Defense and Special teams. Couple that with the play of #21 and the late season scheduling break of a lifetime and you have your explanation for mssing the playoffs by one bad season ending game. Don't try and sell me the " caretaker " QB explanation, when Bledsoe proved he was always capable of the self induced disaster play ( fumbles,INT's returned for game changing TD's) . The Pats moved this guy off their roster for a reason. They wished to win football games again and dream of going deep in the playoffs.
                So do I.

I'm not more comfortable knowing my Vet QB (#11) is going to fail. I'd rather take a chance on the young kid ( possible upside) with good Coaches surrounding him.

I wish no ill will towards Bledsoe but I know fools gold when I see it. Why some worship him like a Deity is beyond me.

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

JP is being put into a pretty good situation. Yes, he will make mistakes as he matures but he has the surrounding cast that helps him tremendously so he does not have the weight of carrying this team on his shoulders. The coaches will bring him along slowly and not ask more than he can do. With great receivers, WM running the ball, a stud defense and top notch ST (excluding kicker) you could not ask for much better situation for a QB.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    realistically, though, I think he'll be booed a lot. Whether he deserves it is not the issue- the point is we've been looking for a decent QB since Kelly retired back in- when was it, 96, 97? Todd Collins and Rob Johnson were just awful. Flutie had his moments and was certainly exciting to watch, but lacks some fundamental elements of what it takes to be an NFL QB and struggled at times. Bledsoe came in with high expectations, and met them early on (at least with stats if not with victories), then struggled through the next 2 1/2 years. JP will be taking the heat for a lot of fan frustration that's not his fault.
                    My thinking goes just the opposite. If JP is at all respectable, the fans will cheer and run him for mayor, simply because we've been waiting so long for a first rate QB.

I say he gets booed only if he really stinks up the joint.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DaBills
                      • Sep 2004

Amazing. We have to possibly give Drew the benefit of the doubt for a 4th year, yet we can't cut the rook some slack. 8-8 for a rook is pretty damn good imo. Look at what David Carr, Eli Manning and Joey Harrington did their first games out, not exactly stellar. They all would have loved 8-8.

I think too many people got spoiled this year watching Ben in Pittsburgh go 74-0 his rookie year and now expect that from all rook QB's. His performance was unusual for a rook, but I believe made easier because of his surrounding cast, (good WR corps, running game and solid D). We have as good a cast as Pitt does and while I'd love 11-5 and the playoffs, I'll take 8-8 with JP if he shows growth.

We gave three years to a (13-year!) vet in Drew — we can't afford just one on JP?
                      “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DaBills
                        Amazing. We have to possibly give Drew the benefit of the doubt for a 4th year, yet we can't cut the rook some slack. 8-8 for a rook is pretty damn good imo. Look at what David Carr, Eli Manning and Joey Harrington did their first games out, not exactly stellar. They all would have loved 8-8.

I think too many people got spoiled this year watching Ben in Pittsburgh go 74-0 his rookie year. His performance was unusual for a rook, but I believe made easier because of his surrounding cast, (good WR corps, running game and solid D). We have as good a cast as Pitt does and while I'd love 11-5 and the playoffs, I'll take 8-8 with JP if he shows growth.

We gave three years to a (13-year!) vet in Drew — we can't afford just one on JP?
                        David Carr was playing for an expansion team = poor comparisson
                        Eli Mannings giants were also coming off a piss poor season in 2003 4-12 cant compare to 9-7
                        Joey Harrington also came into a poor team, so none of these QB's are even comparable.... Ben is the only one who is.... most 9-7 teams dont make a switch we are in a rare situation.
                        It was all

Comment

• regor
                          • Jul 2002

The only way I will get frustrated with JP is if he does not make some progress as the season progresses. I expect him to struggle but thats nothing new. I've been watching a struggling QB for 2+ years At least with JP I'll have hope he's going to learn from the mistakes.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                            1) Whoever boos him, should quit watching football PERIOD! He is a ROOKIE. it will take YEARS for him to develop. DEAL WITH IT! This time in Bills history has been coming since Jim Kelly retired. We have had FA's Trades etc and ALL have sucked. YES Flutie SUCKED!

DRAFT a QB and DEVELOP him. and to do that it takes TIME. I for one am willing to live through an 8-8 season with a kid that may be the final piece to winning a friggin superbowl!

2) Enough of people saying 'don't HAND it to him'. EVERY First round QB has his job HANDED to him. That is just the way it is and will always be. Bledsoe had his HANDED to him as a rookie. As did Kelly, Elway, Marino, and on and on and on. So enough of the stupidity in the form of 'Make him compete'. No coach that wants to keep his job though the last preseason game splits up VALUABLE reps with the first team during preseason. IT NEVER HAPPENS!

Look JP losman would have been drafted in the first round by St.Louis or more importantly Green Bay. This kid IS a first round talent with heart and fire the likes that havent been seen since Kelly. Give the damn kid a shot.
                            I disagree w/ everything you said. Negged to the max.

Comment

• DaBills
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
                              David Carr was playing for an expansion team = poor comparisson
                              Eli Mannings giants were also coming off a piss poor season in 2003 4-12 cant compare to 9-7
                              Joey Harrington also came into a poor team, so none of these QB's are even comparable.... Ben is the only one who is.... most 9-7 teams dont make a switch we are in a rare situation.
                              A rook Qb is still a rook no matter what team he's on. No one knows if he'll play like Ben or Eli, regardless of the team around him. I'll take 8-8 if he does, but won't be surprised if he's worse than that due to growing pains. And the Bills are stuck with a vet QB on the downside. It isn't that rare a situation in the NFL.
                              “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

Working...
                              X