Jay McKee is an idiot, a mouthpiece or has been hit in the head with a puck too often

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Jay McKee is an idiot, a mouthpiece or has been hit in the head with a puck too often

What kind of moron says something like this??

"I can assure you the players are getting stronger and stronger," Sabres player representative Jay McKee said. "There is no way a cap will ever be accepted. Gary's getting into a fight he never saw coming. He's in the fight of his life. (The players) aren't the type of guys will back away when they're pushed."

Just this morning his teammate, James Patrick, was on WGR radio saying that the union is getting pressure from players to get a deal done and various news reports have suggested that the players put forth a deal with a $52 million cap.

Throughout this whole situation McKee just keeps losing credibility.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • BuffaloRanger
    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
    • Mar 2003

He is a moron. THe NHL should have jumped on that offer. They could have claimed victory.

Duh, here's an idea...

NHL wants 42 mil cap, NHLPA wants 52 mil cap ... how about a 47 mil cap?? Say it with me COMP - RO - MISE!!
    Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
      He is a moron. THe NHL should have jumped on that offer. They could have claimed victory.

Duh, here's an idea...

NHL wants 42 mil cap, NHLPA wants 52 mil cap ... how about a 47 mil cap?? Say it with me COMP - RO - MISE!!
      when they come off their own numbers they have to also juggle the levels of the luxury tax...it can be done.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

The problem is...the $52 million cap is basically a soft cap with luxury taxes. The $40 million is a hard cap without the taxes. I'd be happy with a $45 million HARD cap.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
          The problem is...the $52 million cap is basically a soft cap with luxury taxes. The $40 million is a hard cap without the taxes. I'd be happy with a $45 million HARD cap.
          teams like the Sabres HAVE to have the luxury tax to generate new revenue. How does invoking a $45mil salary cap help the Sabres who have an internal cap of ~$32mil and are still losing money?

Comment

• regor
            • Jul 2002

I can't stand Mckee. The more he talks the more I hate him. I hope the owners don't cave.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

I am surprised the cap proposed by the NHL is so high. Only about 25% of the teams have a salary that high anyways and I bet those teams are not the ones losing money...Once this is resolved it I am not sure I can ever cheer for Mckee again...

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Schoop and the Bulldog were talking about him on WGR this afternoon...in their view, he's been more of a mouthpiece than anything.
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                  Schoop and the Bulldog were talking about him on WGR this afternoon...in their view, he's been more of a mouthpiece than anything.
                  and not a smart one at that

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    and not a smart one at that
                    the brains went to Nicole
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

the brains went to Nicole
                      if that is wife she was at least smart enough to marry a hockey player who makes some money...

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                        WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                        • Mar 2003

Because Nicole parlayed her stint as a Buffalo Jill into a marriage to a pro hockey player.

Every cheerleader's dream. Marry rich.
                        Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

if that is wife she was at least smart enough to marry a hockey player who makes some money...
                          yeah..his wife...was doing pretty well in college classes last I talked to her, too...I'd imagine she's graduated by now

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

yeah..his wife...was doing pretty well in college classes last I talked to her, too...I'd imagine she's graduated by now
                            I've heard her on the radio...there is a lot of vacuum between those ears.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

I've heard her on the radio...there is a lot of vacuum between those ears.

Comment

Working...
                              X