PDA

View Full Version : How about COrey Bradford?

ShadowHawk7
02-15-2005, 12:02 PM
I am one of the people who believe we need to address the #3 WR spot, and I'd either use my 3/4th round pick on one, or even better sign this guy. Here is a bio I dug up on him.

Bradford has good size and speed and is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. His hands have improved and he is more consistent catching the football. Possesses tremendous body control and can adjust to the ball while it's in the air. Has adequate height and can win some jump balls. Fights for the ball while it's in the air and isn't afraid to go over the middle. Gets up field immediately after the catch, takes little time to reach top speed and is a threat to turn the short gain into the big play when gets a seam. However, Bradford isn't a crisp short-to-intermediate route-runner. He lacks great quickness, doesn't show great instincts and has problems locating the soft spots in zone coverage. He is not overly polished when it comes to setting up the defender. Considering his size, he is not as physical as he should be and lacks great upper body strength when releasing vs. press coverage. Overall, is still an excellent No. 3 receiver capable of taking it the distance and creating some mismatches as a slot receiver.

I think he would be a great #3 for us. Comments?

Oh, and sign Ryan Diem at OT if we can't get JJ back.

ddaryl
02-15-2005, 02:35 PM
He'd come cheap, and would provide ample competiton for the #3 WR spot. I wouldn't hand him the position, but add him to a 3 way competition with reed and Aiken.

Iehoshua
02-15-2005, 03:49 PM
I'd take him but I'd bet he's looking for more money than we want to spend for a 3rd receiver prospect...

jamze132
02-15-2005, 04:04 PM
Reed will pan out just fine for us... you'll see.

Shasta McNasty
02-15-2005, 04:15 PM
No thanks. Reed with a new QB and Aiken in his 3rd year is fine by me. I am interested in drafting that tall WR from N. CO, think Jackson if he is there in the 5th though.