PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the division?

don137
12-02-2002, 06:16 AM
It's a very close race and the division is up for grabs. Who will win the division?

Mr. Miyagi
12-02-2002, 08:20 AM
I didn't vote, because at this point it's still too close to call. I sure hope it's us, but every other team is good enough to deserve winning it too.

Voltron
12-02-2002, 09:07 AM
To tell you the truth I don't even want to see us win the division. The playoff game would be embarising with our D!

I think the PATs will win and go out in the first game.

Novacane
12-02-2002, 09:34 AM
Don't know but the Jets will finish in last place

WCoastFin
12-02-2002, 11:49 AM
It will come down between Miami and N.England.

clumping platelets
12-02-2002, 12:01 PM
I would render a guess that the Pats are the front runners

Typ0
12-02-2002, 01:44 PM
Our destiny is in our hands. We have a real shot at winning the division now. Going into New England and getting a WIN would be a major accomplishment right now. The following week they have to go into Tennessee who are playing half way decent and trying to grab a playoff spot themselves. At this point in the season I'm very pleased there is a chance we can still win the division. If we can win 3 out of the next 4 we will be 9-7 and 9-7 might just win this division. We own the tiebreaker over Miami and that could turn out to be hugh as NE will be playing Miami that last week to knock them out and save some face after losing three straight. Maybe Brady and company will help us out in the end you never know. I'm not holding my breath for all this to happen but beating New England this week and a JETS loss tonight would be great. JETS have a hard schedule.

fabolouspaul
12-02-2002, 01:55 PM
New englands schedule dosent look too easy also.

Typ0
12-02-2002, 02:02 PM
I know people are saying it is weak. I don't see weak in NE schedule.

TigerJ
12-03-2002, 07:51 AM
New England has to be considered a slight favorite at this point. Three of their last four games are at home. They are not easy opponents but if NE can finish out with wins vs the Jets and Miami and Buffalo loses one more game, I think NE can take the division with nine wins. I think Miami will find that Oakland and NE are too much for them. They finish 9-7 and I don't think that'll be enough for them. NE could lose to Tennessee. They have to be favored vs Buffalo next week. I can see the Jets losing to everyone but Chicago.

If Buffalo does beat NE they certainly climb back into the playoff picture, but I don't want to say too much about that before it happens. I do think that Buffalo absolutely has to win out to stand any chance of making the playoffs. 9-7 won't do it.

TigerJ
12-03-2002, 07:53 AM
I think we'll know who wins the division in two weeks.

don137
12-03-2002, 07:59 AM
I agree having three games at home puts the Pats at an advantage but all three of them are against division rivals. When division rivals meet home field is a factor but not as much of a factor because the teams know each other so well. Anything can happen in those games.
One problem I see them having is the Patriots have not done a good job establishing the run while teams have run well against them. With the weather getting bad this can put them at a slight disadvantage playing in the cold.

Typ0
12-03-2002, 09:36 AM
New England might have a slight advantage but that doesn't mean their schedule is weak. Three division rivals in four weeks is going to take its toll. Let's not forget, these are the League champs we are going to be kicking the crap out of this weekend.